1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 15:59
    This is not a genocide story.

It doesn't come near a genocide story. It is an account of the awesomeness of the israelites. And not a genocide story.

I repeat: no genocide here: move along.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 19:01
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

It doesn't come near a genocide story. It is an account of the awesomeness of the israelites. And not a genocide story.

If God is all knowing and all loving,
    why would he command men to kill each other?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 21:39
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    If God is all knowing and all loving,
    why would he command men to kill each other?
    I don't remember reading that God commanded men to kill each other.
    I think the command was "Thou shall not murder."

The Instructor
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    06 Aug '13 22:52
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I don't remember reading that God commanded men to kill each other.
    I think the command was "Thou shall not murder."

The Instructor
    well that is because you haven't read the bible or you lack the intelligence to comprehend english. not only does god commands the israelites to commit murder, but also rape, slavery, infanticide. and rewards them for it. this is your god, this is who you follow if you cling to the notion that the bible is 100% true.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 02:111 edit

Yes, and the Midianites were just innocent people right? Perhaps you are the one who should learn bible history.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 04:56
    well that is because you haven't read the bible or you lack the intelligence to comprehend english. not only does god commands the israelites to commit murder, but also rape, slavery, infanticide. and rewards them for it. this is your god, this is who you follow if you cling to the notion that the bible is 100% true.
    Why do you try to blame God for man's sin?

The Instructor
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 05:261 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yes, and the Midianites were just innocent people right? Perhaps you are the one who should learn bible history.
    And a few thousand years later the Jews were acting all innocent in Germany, but we all know they weren't don't we? They had it coming to them. Learn your European history.

By suggesting that a 'people' are not innocent you are guilty of tribalism. You demonstrate just how despicable the Biblical teaching of inheritable sin really is. You are basically saying that every man woman and child of the Midianites was guilty of a collective sin deserving death.
  8. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 05:291 edit
    The Midianite virgins weren't so evil that they couldn't be spared and forced into marriages to Israeli men. Funny how those little details work out.

Because if there is one thing that is evil, it is having sex.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 08:26
    all the women, children, and all the men (old and young) were killed. all. little girls were made slaves and raped.

you can never have an entire society evil outside of fiction. that is not how the world works. even the mongols would have women or children or men who would not maim and kill.

you think in nazi germany all germans were evil? you think because nazi germany was evil, all germans deserved to be killed? are you a psychopath?
  10. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 08:30
    Why do you try to blame God for man's sin?

The Instructor
    oh, in fact i am not. i am hopeful god is just and benevolent. god is love. you however, by believing all of the bible, put your trust in a horrible being that is pure evil. the god portrayed in some parts of the old testament is evil, beyond any doubt, and to follow that example would make us evil.

as such i choose to believe the old testament parts describing god like this are the fabrications of barbaric israelites.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 08:52
    as such i choose to believe......
    The problem with choosing to believe, is that you end up believing what you wish is true, not what is true.
    What I can't figure out is why you don't believe in fairies. If you're going to choose to believe anything, they should surely be first on the list?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 10:28
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The problem with choosing to believe, is that you end up believing what you wish is true, not what [b]is true.
    What I can't figure out is why you don't believe in fairies. If you're going to choose to believe anything, they should surely be first on the list?[/b]
    fundies believe that if one page of the bible is proven false, the whole bible must therefore be false.

you believe that if i choose to believe in god, i am required by law and human nature and the laws of the universe to believe in santa claus, dragons, harry potter, flat earth, faeries and republicans.

why must everything be black or white? you construct the worse a theist can be, and then i am supposed to adhere to that image.

and while we are on the subject, why should i believe in faeries? they turn people into donkeys, steal the milk from our cows and are asholes.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 10:30
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The problem with choosing to believe, is that you end up believing what you wish is true, not what [b]is true.
    What I can't figure out is why you don't believe in fairies. If you're going to choose to believe anything, they should surely be first on the list?[/b]
    Do you mean homosexuals?

The Instructor
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 11:36
    you believe that if i choose to believe in god, i am required by law and human nature and the laws of the universe to believe in santa claus, dragons, harry potter, flat earth, faeries and republicans.
    No, not at all. I am merely asking why you didn't choose to believe in fairies. Seriously fairies are much better than the Biblical God.
    I am not saying you are required by law to believe anything, but if your going to choose a book, what's wrong with the Lord of the Rings, or Game of Thrones?

why must everything be black or white? you construct the worse a theist can be, and then i am supposed to adhere to that image.
    Huh? I think you're imagining things. Did you get all that from my post?

and while we are on the subject, why should i believe in faeries? they turn people into donkeys, steal the milk from our cows and are asholes.
    Thats because you read the old fairy testament. You should believe in the new fairy testament type of fairies. You know the ones that make friends with little girls, and look all pretty and such. How come you are OK picking and choosing when it comes to the Bible, but when it comes to faries, you only want to think of the nasty stories?
  15. Cape Town
    Moves
    07 Aug '13 11:36
    Do you mean homosexuals?

The Instructor
    Huh? Does nobody read what I write?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree