Obama's Wedding Ring.

Obama's Wedding Ring.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
Are you kidding? The republicans want basically to dismantle the entire federal government. That is called TREASON. This is not a bunch of senators trying to get their own little deal passed. This is the entire party trying to get 'small government'. What that really is is ABROGATION OF RESPONSIBILITY. They want to KILL the federal government and apparently ...[text shortened]... I am here to tell you that is NOT going to happen despite the treason of the republican party.
I think you have a misunderstanding of conservatives, like myself. I am not saying that I agree with everything the Republican Party does or believes. I am saying they are more in line with my beliefs than the majority of the Democratic Party, which are too liberal for me.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think you have a misunderstanding of conservatives, like myself. I am not saying that I agree with everything the Republican Party does or believes. I am saying they are more in line with my beliefs than the majority of the Democratic Party, which are too liberal for me.

The Instructor
I think I know EXACTLY the plans of the republicans. They shouldn't even be called Republicans because they are anything BUT for a republic, they want states to be in total control of each one with no interference from the Feds. They should really be called the Staters party. You perhaps haven't been watching all the republican antics lately? CONSTANTLY calling for SMALLER government (federal government to be exact) which means 100 % for sure they want total state rights with no interference from the Feds. That is the bottom line. And of course they still want their police state and however many million man army they can force on us. The bottom line for republicans is control of everyone's lives and you better be a nice christian or you are out. There is no question of that. That is the main goal of the republican party. Like I said before, that is ABSOLUTE TREASON and the entire republican party should be in JAIL not in office.

This goes WAY beyond mere squabbling about liberal vs conservative. This goes to the heart of our United States, what we are all about.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 13

I think I know EXACTLY the plans of the republicans. They shouldn't even be called Republicans because they are anything BUT for a republic, they want states to be in total control of each one with no interference from the Feds. They should really be called the Staters party. You perhaps haven't been watching all the republican antics lately? CONSTANTLY cal ...[text shortened]... liberal vs conservative. This goes to the heart of our United States, what we are all about.
No that is not it. Republicans just want to enforce the spirit of the Constitution and provide freedom for all without a big tax and spend government, which is what is supported by the liberal Democrats.

The Instructor

Cape Town

Moves
31 May 13

Republicans just want to enforce the spirit of the Constitution ....
Only when it suits them:

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Only when it suits them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irqj87lNL9E
Who can argue with Jon Stewart?

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
31 May 13
2 edits

If you are not hiding something, why has your name changed to sonship? Don't try to tell everyone that is your real name. Only sonhouse would fall for that one.

I explained that when I first became sonship. I did not wait to be ASKED about the change. I INFORMED everyone about the change when I reinstated my membership after requesting it be terminated.

And once again, I terminated because I was going to stop the addiction of arguing here. After I got some other things done for months of a year or so, I signed up again with a new name. You all were told that.

I have explained why I went from jaywill to sonship so many times I am sure people are TIRED of me explaining it.

You're suspicious and paranoid about it.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 May 13
1 edit

No that is not it. Republicans just want to enforce the spirit of the Constitution and provide freedom for all without a big tax and spend government, which is what is supported by the liberal Democrats.

The Instructor
They want to rip apart the federal government pure and simple. They don't want taxes because that would cause their ultra rich buddies to have to give up a dime while the little folks have to pay WAY more percentage wise. Of course all that doesn't matter a whit to the treasonous republican party. They are so completely bought out they don't know which end is up.

Do you remember Michael Moore's movie Fahrenheit 911? There was a clip of Bush Junior talking to oil executives during his election campaign. Moore could not have made this up, it was Bush himself speaking. He said and I quote, 'There are the haves and there are the haves MORES. YOU ARE MY BASE!'

That is the dirty underbelly of the entire republican party. Bought off, pure and simple, the tool of the ultra rich. No more, no less. Period.

S
Caninus Interruptus

Moves
31 May 13

Originally posted by twhitehead
Only when it suits them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Irqj87lNL9E
As usual Jon hits the nail on the head. The 2nd amendment is the only one these FOX nutjobs care about.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 13
1 edit

They want to rip apart the federal government pure and simple. They don't want taxes because that would cause their ultra rich buddies to have to give up a dime while the little folks have to pay WAY more percentage wise. Of course all that doesn't matter a whit to the treasonous republican party. They are so completely bought out they don't know which end party. Bought off, pure and simple, the tool of the ultra rich. No more, no less. Period.
There are good and bad in both parties, everyone should know that by now. But we seem to be stuck in this two party system, since two parties have most of the money. So it is necessary that we work within these flawed systems to make things better. However, most of the people vote what benefits their pocketbooks the most. The parties use this as a strategy to divide and conquer.

The best strategy the people can have is to prevent one party from having too much power and that includes reducing the power of the federal government. At present the majority of those in the Democratic Party are for increasing the power of the federal government to be able to crush the people under its feet. But even the Republican party, who claim to want limited government, seem to forget their promises once they are in the majority and government grows anyway. But I still vote Republican because I believe the government is not as likely to grow to such dangerous proportions under a Republican administration at present.

I do sometimes vote for a good conservative Democrat like John Barrow, who has promised to protect our 2nd amendment rights.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
31 May 13
1 edit

There are good and bad in both parties, everyone should know that by now. But we seem to be stuck in this two party system, since two parties have most of the money. So it is necessary that we work within these flawed systems to make things better. However, most of the people vote what benefits their pocketbooks the most. The parties use this as a strate ...[text shortened]... mocrat like John Barrow, who has promised to protect our 2nd amendment rights.

The Instructor
Democrats don't want bigger government, they want to stop the excesses of the republicans. I don't think you can see the evil intent of treasonous republicans. They want things to go back to where they were 150 years ago where there were no balances against big business. Big business wants it just like it was back then when people worked to death in death trap mines for practically no money and everyone had to buy at the company store which charged so much once sucked in you can't get out. That is the treason of republicans. You are blinded by their rhetoric. You can't see the fact republicans are OWNED by big business.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
31 May 13

Democrats don't want bigger government, they want to stop the excesses of the republicans. I don't think you can see the evil intent of treasonous republicans. They want things to go back to where they were 150 years ago where there were no balances against big business. Big business wants it just like it was back then when people worked to death in death t ...[text shortened]... are blinded by their rhetoric. You can't see the fact republicans are OWNED by big business.
Who owns the democrats?

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
01 Jun 13

Who owns the democrats?

The Instructor
So that's your big answer. I assume then you KNOW republicans are sycophants to the ultra rich, doing their bidding. Democrats don't have the ultra rich in their pockets like republicans. For instance, we know fracking causes pollution problems locally but because we are on a quest to rid ourselves of the shackles of Arab oil there will be deaths associated with this process but big business is in charge of republicans who say yea or nay and so fracking is the order of the day, no matter WHO gets hurt.

That is just one small example of what I mean by republicans OWNED by the ultra rich.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
01 Jun 13

So that's your big answer. I assume then you KNOW republicans are sycophants to the ultra rich, doing their bidding. Democrats don't have the ultra rich in their pockets like republicans. For instance, we know fracking causes pollution problems locally but because we are on a quest to rid ourselves of the shackles of Arab oil there will be deaths associated ...[text shortened]... rt.

That is just one small example of what I mean by republicans OWNED by the ultra rich.
Fracking is a good way to quickly reduce our energy dependence on foreign oil while waiting for other methods to be developed and is safe if the workers do their job correctly as this video explains.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&feature=endscreen&v=qm7e553S7fg

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jun 13
1 edit

The Instructor
'Tax and spend liberalism' I believe came from the Reagan administration. You know, the guys who made 'free enterprise', or 'let's turn the government from a government of the people, that we cannot profit from, into a government of the corporation, that we can profit from', into the new state religion, thus violating the First Amendment. Only Reagan could have gotten away with it.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
01 Jun 13
1 edit

"At present the majority of those in the Republican Party are for increasing the power of the corporations to be able to crush the people under its feet. But even the Democratic party, who claim to want limited corporate power, seem to forget their promises once they are in the majority and corporations grow in power anyway. But I still vote Democrat becau ...[text shortened]... as likely to grow to such dangerous proportions under a Democratic administration at present."
Fixed!

D'oh! Darn editor.

Full text below:
"At present the majority of those in the Republican Party are for increasing the power of the corporations to be able to crush the people under its feet. But even the Democratic party, who claim to want limited corporate power, seem to forget their promises once they are in the majority and corporations grow in power anyway. But I still vote Democrat because I believe corporations are not as likely to grow to such dangerous proportions under a Democratic administration at present."