1. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 14:54
    Originally posted by @fmf
    No. I was talking to you about your claims about "an objective morality". Couldn't you discern that? I wasn't interested in the way you try to go about portraying your torturer god notion as anything other than monstrous ~ or, indeed, the way divegeester seeks to rebut it.
    I could discern your question and I answered it. What more do you want? Do you want me to give you my rationale as to why I believe an objective moral standard exists? If so all you needed to do was ask.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:00
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Do you want me to give you my rationale as to why I believe an objective moral standard exists?
    No. That's all right. We have discussed your superstitions and the stuff that appeals to your imagination already in depth.
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:03
    No. That's all right. We have discussed your superstitions and the stuff that appeals to your imagination already in depth.
    So what are you on about then? 🙄
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:04
    I could discern your question and I answered it.
    Well, for all your discernment, you answered in the negative. And then, later, when pressed, because it didn't fit with stuff you'd said before, you answered in the affirmative. It's fine by me. It's not the first time you've got into a tangle.
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:05
    Well, for all your discernment, you answered in the negative. And then, later, when pressed, because it didn't fit with stuff you'd said before, you answered in the affirmative. It's fine by me. It's not the first time you've got into a tangle.
    That's because your question was ambiguous.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:131 edit
    That's because your question was ambiguous.
    No. I think the issue was that you bending over backwards to equivocate in the face of clear questions from me, so that later ~ now, for example ~ you could loll about wittering on about how you were misunderstood - or something was unclear - or you can't remember getting an answer - or somesuch.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    07 Sep '17 15:19
    No. I think the issue was that you bending over backwards to equivocate in the face of clear questions from me, so that later ~ now, for example ~ you could loll about wittering on about how you were misunderstood - or something was unclear - or you can't remember getting an answer - or somesuch.
    That's rich coming from you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree