Obedience vs Disobedience

Obedience vs Disobedience

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
You yourself said morality only pertains to humans, or does it now apply to God when it suits you? Since Dive is supposedly a Christian I was talking to Him within the context of his Christian faith.
If your A B C D E assertions pertain to the "laws of the universe" but specifically have nothing to do with morality, what sorts of things does the term "laws of the universe" refer to? Things like gravity?

Moves
07 Sep 17
2 edits

Originally posted by @fmf
If your A B C D E assertions pertain to the "laws of the universe" but specifically have nothing to do with morality, what sorts of things does the term "laws of the universe" refer to? Things like gravity?
I said moral content, if an objective moral standard does exist it would be part of the laws of the universe just like gravity etc as far as I can see.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17
2 edits

I said moral content, if an objective moral standard does exist it would be one of the laws of the universe just like gravity etc as far as I can see.
Oh, so it is after morality after all. I thought so.

So does my little set of unprovable A B C assertions lead to "an objective moral standard" just like you claim your little set of unprovable A B C D E assertions does?

Moves
07 Sep 17

Oh, so it is after morality after all. I thought so.

So does my little set of unprovable A B C assertions lead to "an objective moral standard" just like you claim your little set of unprovable A B C D E assertions does?
You're barking up the wrong tree.

The premises I made were to explain to Dive why I think God does not have to be bound by the laws of the universe. If he has reason to reject them let him come out and say why he rejects them.

I have already told you why I reject yours.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17
1 edit

I have already told you why I reject yours.
Whether you reject my hypothetical A B C assertions is beside the point; you are welcome to your personal opinion on matters of sheer angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin conjecture like this. My question is this: does my little set of unprovable assertions lead to "an objective moral standard" on the same basis as you say your little set of unprovable assertions leads to "an objective moral standard"?

Moves
07 Sep 17

Whether you reject my hypothetical A B C assertions is beside the point; you are welcome to your personal opinion on matters of sheer angels-dancing-on-the-head-of-a-pin conjecture like this. My question is this: does my little set of unprovable assertions lead to "an objective moral standard" on the same basis as you say your little set of unprovable assertions leads to "an objective moral standard"?
Don't you have your glasses on? I didn't said nothing about my premises leading to an objective moral standard. Learn to read.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17

Don't you have your glasses on? I didn't said nothing about my premises leading to an objective moral standard. Learn to read.
I thought your little set of unprovable assertions leads to "an objective moral standard" that applies only to humans while not applying to your god figure? No?

Having said that, it seems a bit odd that you are now claiming this sequence of assertions somehow does NOT lead to what you claim is your "objective moral standard" ...

A) God exists.
B) God created the universe.
C) God put laws in place that govern the universe.
D) God's creation is subject to the laws of the universe because they are part of the universe that God created.

...if that is NOT the way you arrive at your personal opinion regarding "an objective moral standard", then what is?

Moves
07 Sep 17
1 edit

I thought your little set of unprovable assertions leads to "an objective moral standard" that applies only to humans while not applying to your god figure? No?

Having said that, it seems a bit odd that you are now claiming this sequence of assertions somehow does NOT lead to what you claim is your "objective moral standard" ...

A) God exists.
B) God cr ...[text shortened]... e way you arrive at your personal opinion regarding "an objective moral standard", then what is?
It is my rationale behind my theory that the laws of the universe need not apply to God. Do you even know what a premise is? Maybe ask a teenager to explain it to you.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17
2 edits

It is my rationale behind my theory that the laws of the universe need not apply to God. Do you even know what a premise is? Maybe ask a teenager to explain it to you.
You're sidestepping what I am putting to you. Are you seriously claiming that the following four assertions are NOT also your rationale for asserting that your god figure has set "an objective moral standard" for you?

God exists > God created the universe > God put laws in place that govern the universe > God's creation is subject to the laws of the universe because they are part of the universe that God created.

These "laws of the universe" that you mention include what you claim is "an objective moral standard", do they not?

Moves
07 Sep 17

You're sidestepping what I am putting to you. Are you claiming that the following four assertions are some NOT also your rationale for asserting that your god figure has set "an objective moral standard" for you?

[quote]God exists > God created the universe > God put laws in place that govern the universe > God's creation is subject to the laws of the unive ...[text shortened]... universe" that you mention include what you claim is "an objective moral standard", do they not?
Of course they are not why do you think they would be? Were you not following the conversation I had with Dive? Go back and read it.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17
1 edit

Of course they are not why do you think they would be?
So, just to be clear this 4 point sequence of assertions... "God exists > God created the universe > God put laws in place that govern the universe > God's creation is subject to the laws of the universe because they are part of the universe that God created" is unrelated to your assertions of there being "an objective moral standard", regardless of whatever else you may have asserted using it.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17

Maybe ask a teenager to explain it to you.
Do the supposed "laws of the universe" that you mention include or not include the "objective moral standard" that you mention?

Moves
07 Sep 17

Do the supposed "laws of the universe" that you mention include or not include the "objective moral standard" that you mention?
I have answered it. You have simply ignored my answers. Asking me over and over again, you pretending that I haven't given you my answer and explained it, is just artless trolling on your part.

F

Moves
07 Sep 17

I have answered it. You have simply ignored my answers. Asking me over and over again, you pretending that I haven't given you my answer and explained it, is just artless trolling on your part.
I was under the impression that your claim that there is "an objective moral standard" was rooted in your belief that your god figure created the universe and everything in it and then put laws in place to which all of creation was subject having been created by that god/moral law giver. Is this then not the case after all?

Moves
07 Sep 17

Do you or don't you know what a premise is and what it is used for?