1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 14:56
    Originally posted by josephw
    Too many conflagulating confabulations, and not enough understanding of the meaning of life.

People say they want to know the truth out of one side of their mouth, and out of the other they say there isn't any absolute truth. They claim to know we're the products of conditioning, as though that's all there is about who and what we are, while disregarding ...[text shortened]... spin and toil to the end, "Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth."
    There is a reason why it is the 'narrow way'. Few are upon it.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 15:04
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But it is still up to us to 'buy into' that and accept it. Some will, some won't. But we cannot just give 'lip service' to free will. If they decide to not follow Him, then all we can do is as Luke 9:5 says. It's their choice.
    Yes, I once again totally agree with you. It was never any different for us either was it?
    We can share, they can hear, and if they reject it, its on them. It isn't like it is the end for
    them, but it could be who knows. It isn't like any of us are promised the rest of today.

One of the things about this place I dislike, its the personal attacks. With some that is
    almost all they do, but they have learned to wrap their attacks into little debate jabs and
    it is very easy to get sucked into it and do the same. I don't think anyone here isn't guilty
    of it, myself included. The shame is that once that occurs, nothing said is heard by either
    side after that.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:06
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I firmly believe only God can reveal Himself to anyone, we can describe Him to another. it
    takes God to open eyes and ears, That shifting sand is a horrible thing, can you imagine
    what that is going to be like for so many at the end? Spent their whole life looking for and
    never discovering the truth, but they were learning, so they thought they were on to
    something.
    You bring up an interesting point. I agree that only God can reveal Himself, but man's part is, "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."

My point is that God isn't hiding from man, but a man shuts his ears from hearing God.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 16:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    There is a reason why it is the 'narrow way'. Few are upon it.
    Do you mean the way is narrow because few are on it?

The way is narrow because it's the only way in contrast to the broad way, which says the narrow way isn't the only way.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 19:011 edit
    You bring up an interesting point. I agree that only God can reveal Himself, but man's part is, "If any man have ears to hear, let him hear."

My point is that God isn't hiding from man, but a man shuts his ears from hearing God.
    I like what you said.

One of the things that keeps me in prayer is just that. If you think about people who
    screwed up in scripture, many of them were those steeped in religious training. With
    these Jesus raised Lazarus from the dead, they wanted to kill Jesus and Lazarus. Blind
    were given sight and they were against that, lame were healed, they were against that.
    When these things didn't fit their view of how it should be done, it wasn't God according
    to them.

Now looking at that, if people who are no different than we are can be so blinded we better
    pray that our eyes are open to what God is trying to tell us don't you *me too* think? It may
    not be as big as having someone raised from the dead, but if God is attempting to get our
    attention is it any less important?

My major concern isn't the splinter in my brother's eye as much as the logs in mine. I can
    get just as judgmental as anyone else. So for me and I'm sharing for those who think they
    too can be in the same boat, God give me eyes to see, and ears to hear. I don't want to
    follow God all the while thinking I know where He should be directing me. 🙂
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Feb '17 19:08
    Do you mean the way is narrow because few are on it?

The way is narrow because it's the only way in contrast to the broad way, which says the narrow way isn't the only way.
    A few can be a broad endless way, that doesn't address it being narrow. Narrow suggests
    the path is small and limited, not how many can travel it. An army can walk over a bridge
    that is narrow, or off a cliff that isn't they miss it.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Feb '17 03:16
    A few can be a broad endless way, that doesn't address it being narrow. Narrow suggests
    the path is small and limited, not how many can travel it. An army can walk over a bridge
    that is narrow, or off a cliff that isn't they miss it.
    For me it is the "gate" itself which is the most important in this analogy. I also find it interesting that verse 15 immediately goes on to warn about false prophets.

Jesus is the "way", he is also the gate, the access. Therefore anyone who preaches a different name cannot be preaching the truth gate.
  8. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 07:453 edits
    Originally posted by divegeester
    For me it is the "gate" itself which is the most important in this analogy. I also find it interesting that verse 15 immediately goes on to warn about false prophets.

Jesus is the "way", he is also the gate, the access. Therefore anyone who preaches a different name cannot be preaching the truth gate.
    Well, you finally said something about what you believe!
    Excellent!
    Now where does that gate lead?
    (John 14:6) Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.
    It leads to the Father.
    The Father of Jesus is Jehovah God.
    (Matthew 6:9) “You must pray, then, this way: /////“‘Our ///// Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified.
    Jesus included himself is a child of God.
    So, (Isaiah 2:3) And many peoples will go and say: “Come, let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, ...... He will instruct us about his ways, And we will walk in his paths.”
    There is a Kingdom Hall in your area. It's free.
    It is also a prime part of God's purpose:
    (Ephesians 1:8-10) This undeserved kindness he caused to abound toward us in all wisdom and understanding 9 by making known to us the sacred secret of his will. It is according to his good pleasure that he himself purposed 10 for an administration at the full limit of the appointed times, to gather all things together in the Christ, the things in the heavens and the things on the earth. Yes, in him
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    01 Mar '17 23:06
    Is there anything we are told to do, that causes people to be drawn to Jesus
    Christ? If there is, do we spend time doing that here, or arguing other things
    not nearly as important?
    No we do not need any time spent drawing people to JC.

Positive parables would do that much better than just saying he's great.

On reflection I guess you'd have to look into the possible reasons one may want to draw another to their beilef structure
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 03:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No we do not need any time spent drawing people to JC.

Positive parables would do that much better than just saying he's great.

On reflection I guess you'd have to look into the possible reasons one may want to draw another to their beilef structure
    We need to be sharing the good news, which has Jesus at the center of it. If you don't think
    He is worthy of that, what is He to you? Without Him everything else is meaningless for us.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    02 Mar '17 10:44
    Is there anything we are told to do, that causes people to be drawn to Jesus
    Christ? If there is, do we spend time doing that here, or arguing other things
    not nearly as important?
    Start with yourself and answer your question.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree