Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:27
    So pride is not a sin then?
  2. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:28
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Why is there a contest to see who can be the most vulgar when it comes to insulting God?

I mean, why do you feel that urge?
    Geez, I didn't realize it was a contest. I could do much worse than that...
  3. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:48
    Originally posted by GENGAR
    what do you do with old bibles...how do you properly dispose of them ?
    Try giving it to someone who does not have one.

Una
  4. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:49
    Originally posted by Starrman
    So pride is not a sin then?
    Of course pride is a sin, "Pride goes before a fall"

5. Joined
    19 Nov '03
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 19:52
    Originally posted by Una
    Of course pride is a sin, "Pride goes before a fall"

So I have to sin before I fall over? Does that mean slipping on a banana skin is a sin? Are bananas evil? I have always suspected as much, I mean surely god wouldn't design something so ridiculous looking.
  6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 22:50
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Why is there a contest to see who can be the most vulgar when it comes to insulting God?

I mean, why do you feel that urge?
    The bible is not god! That's really where your problem lies. In effect it's your Idol , your god.
  7. London
    Moves
    21 Mar '05 23:30
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    The bible is not god! That's really where your problem lies. In effect it's your Idol , your god.
    Whether you think the Bible is the Word of God or not, this thread is in poor taste. As Darfius states, this is a "vulgar contest".

Luc

PS - I would be extremely surprised to see a thread with the words "Koran" or "Torah" substituted for Bible in the title.
  8. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 00:261 edit
    Originally posted by lucifershammer
    Whether you think the Bible is the Word of God or not, this thread is in poor taste. As Darfius states, this is a "vulgar contest".

Luc

PS - I would be extremely surprised to see a thread with the words "Koran" or "Torah" substituted for Bible in the title.
    First it isn't the word of god and second Darfius can't tell the difference between a book and god.
    The idea a book could feel insulted is actually funny. If indeed the book don't like it,, it can always turn a page and leave.
  9. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 09:37

Luc

Come, come. Don't be so precious. Most of the Old Testament is in bad taste. Rape, pillage and slaughter all in the name of a vengeful God. If the OT was to be published today, it would have an R rating for unacceptable wanton violence.

Equally, I can find violent and obnoxious passages in the Torah and Koran (after all, all three books are based on the same premise) to point out to people that are in bad taste. The reason I don't have a go at these two religions is that there are few people on RHP who want to shove their religion down my throat. I have to say, just as RBHill provides us with regular Bible study lessons, I would like regular Koran and Torah lessons and how about a bit of Buddhist literature too!
  10. London
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 11:073 edits
    Originally posted by Maustrauser
    Come, come. Don't be so precious. Most of the Old Testament is in bad taste. Rape, pillage and slaughter all in the name of a vengeful God. If the OT was to be published today, it would have an R rating for unacceptable wanton viol ...[text shortened]... and Torah lessons and how about a bit of Buddhist literature too!
    The point is not whether the Bible contains passages that are in bad taste - I see no problems whatsoever in people raising those topics in a level-headed discussion (and many people, like #1, have). I have no problem with an honest discussion about how Christians dispose of their old Bibles (I don't - I still have every Bible I ever owned). That doesn't detract from the fact that much on this thread is intended to be deliberately offensive to Christians (and RBHill, for all his failings, can rarely be accused of malicious intent) - a vulgar contest. It is no different from a thread intended to be offensive to Afro-Americans, or Jews, or Muslims.
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 18:241 edit
    The point is not whether the Bible contains passages that are in bad taste - I see no problems whatsoever in people raising those topics in a level-headed discussion (and many people, like #1, have). I have no problem with an honest ...[text shortened]... d intended to be offensive to Afro-Americans, or Jews, or Muslims.
    Or a "christian" thread intending to be offensive to Catholics?
    A lot of posts have been offensive and the christians have made their share.
    Try talking about anything they don't like and see.
    AND that includes Christ's own words.

12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    22 Mar '05 19:10
    The point is not whether the Bible contains passages that are in bad taste - I see no problems whatsoever in people raising those topics in a level-headed discussion (and many people, like #1, have). I have no problem with an honest discussion about how Christians dispose of their old Bibles (I don't - I still have every Bible I ever owned). That doe ...[text shortened]... t is no different from a thread intended to be offensive to Afro-Americans, or Jews, or Muslims.
    All right. I was going to keep making jokes here, but I'll stop.
  13. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 17:57
    Originally posted by Starrman
    So you sin openly?
    Yes, if you do read your Bible you can boast about God.

Darfius was being Proud of God's Glory. Darfius was not being Proud of Darfius's glory because he and I and all humans have no Glory.
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    24 Mar '05 18:02
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes, if you do read your Bible you can boast about God.

Darfius was being Proud of God's Glory. Darfius was not being Proud of Darfius's glory because he and I and all humans have no Glory.
    Amen to that. Only God is worthy of praise and glory.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    26 Mar '05 01:07
    I ASKED A SERIOUS QUESTION...MAY I HAVE A SERIOUS ANSWER ?🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree