1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 09:58
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    By historical calculations mankind and the earth are about 6,000 years old. No one has been able to prove that wrong as yet. 😏
    I'd have the same argument with you over this, it is going to be faith I don't care what
    side of the age debate you fall on. If you put your faith in the scripture or science or your
    dreams it is still putting your faith in something that has to be accepted. Proof is not going
    to occur until God reveals it as far as I'm concern anyway.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 16:57
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    I'd have the same argument with you over this, it is going to be faith I don't care what
    side of the age debate you fall on. If you put your faith in the scripture or science or your
    dreams it is still putting your faith in something that has to be accepted. Proof is not going
    to occur until God reveals it as far as I'm concern anyway.
    I don't necessarily disagree. However, the best evidence we have right now is known from historical evidence regardless of belief and faith in science or religion. 😏
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 17:321 edit
    I don't necessarily disagree. However, the best evidence we have right now is known from historical evidence regardless of belief and faith in science or religion. 😏
    That 'best evidence' is for you and your creationist buddies. The real world believes in evidence, which shows how millions of schools teach the world being 4 billion years old, in spite of the fact that thousands of those schools are christian based.

It is in fact, you and your creationist buddies with an agenda with no regard to science.

You want to bend any science to your 'facts' and if that doesn't work, just poo poo an entire science or an entire cadre of sciences which point to an ancient Earth.

You only want to DESTROY sciences in order to foist your belief's on unsuspecting children in your effort to gain political power to FORCE the issue in your favor, destroying science discipline after science discipline in your zeal to 'prove' your point.

You will ONLY ever win in some countries like the US through political power, not the application of reason. Reason is the last thing you want in your ugly pursuit of your pogrom of anti-scientific bullshtye.

In short, you want the US to go the way of Iran, back to the past when the world was ruled by the fear of demons and witches and devils and ESPECIALLY the fear of your disgusting god.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    02 Jan '16 17:42
    There has been speculations about the earth being billions of years old discussed, but no empirical evidence of such.
    RJ, can you, in your own words, tell us what you think empirical evidence is?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 04:48
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Seriously Hinds, the earth really is billions of years old. Instead of exhausting you energy disputing this, your time would be much better spent contemplating how to reconcile you already held beliefs with a world vast in age. (Other Christians have managed it without compromising their faith).

Consider this a gift for the New Year.

😏
    There is no reason for me to try to reconcile the error of billions of years of history with the truth of the Holy Bible, especially since I do not believe in billions of years of past history. Where is the historical records? 😏
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 04:50
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    RJ, can you, in your own words, tell us what you think empirical evidence is?
    I probably could if I wanted to. 😏
  7. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 04:57
    If you do not know what empirical evidence is then you cannot make a judgement call on whether the empirical evidence points towards an old or a young earth. So unless tell us what you think what empirical evidence is there is no reason for us to give any credence to your claim that there is any non-biblical evidence for a young earth.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 06:29
    You don't want to because you fear you may find a crack in your faith. Another way you live in fear, fear of your thrice cursed god, fear of devils, fear of demons.

I am SO glad I am not you. I pity you, your brain lost to the world through fear.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 08:58
    If you do not know what empirical evidence is then you cannot make a judgement call on whether the empirical evidence points towards an old or a young earth. So unless tell us what you think what empirical evidence is there is no reason for us to give any credence to your claim that there is any non-biblical evidence for a young earth.
    Why must you think I do not know the meaning of empirical evidence? Perhaps it is not me, but others that do not know the meaning. Perhaps they are misinterpreting the data and experiments because of their worldview. 😏
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 10:071 edit
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That 'best evidence' is for you and your creationist buddies. The real world believes in evidence, which shows how millions of schools teach the world being 4 billion years old, in spite of the fact that thousands of those schools are christian based.

It is in fact, you and your creationist buddies with an agenda with no regard to science.

You want to ...[text shortened]... led by the fear of demons and witches and devils and ESPECIALLY the fear of your disgusting god.
    As I pointed out to you, the debate about the age of the earth and universe has to do
    with how it all got here and when. Since you do not have a clue how it got here you really
    have no way of knowing as a fact what should be looked at to measure the age. If the
    data you are looking at all agree, is that because of age or something else they have
    in common that has nothing to do with age?
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:07
    As I pointed out to you, the debate about the age of the earth and universe has to do
    with how it all got here and when. Since you do not have a clue how it got here you really
    have no way of knowing as a fact what should be looked at to measure the age. If the
    data you are looking at all agree, is that because of age or something else they have
    Yeah, pull the other one!
  12. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:15
    Why are you under the impression that we do not have a way of estimating the age of the universe?
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:16
    Why must you think I do not know the meaning of empirical evidence? Perhaps it is not me, but others that do not know the meaning. Perhaps they are misinterpreting the data and experiments because of their worldview. 😏
    If you know what empirical evidence is then you will be able to explain to us all what you think it is. You haven't which is providing me with evidence that you do not.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 11:41
    Why are you under the impression that we do not have a way of estimating the age of the universe?
    It is simple do you know how it got here?
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    03 Jan '16 13:40
    I know people use methods to get results and all proclaim these results mean age. So if
    the universe is in fact young and those results all still say the same thing, would that than
    mean the results were giving those results for different reasons? Being consistent does not
    mean the results mean what we claim they do, it is still faith.
    So they test the age of the earth and the universe using 3 different unrelated methods and they all point to the same thing but they are all wrong?

Whatever.

I don't believe scientists are purposefully coming up with these numbers to try and disprove the Bible, do you? In fact, if you watch the video I provided it does not disprove the Bible in the least.

You keep asking how we can know that the earth is billions of years old, but it goes both ways, how do you know it is only thousands of years old? You use the Bible as "evidence" and I submit that there is evidence in the Bible saying something else entirely. If you then add science to the equation then evidence, in my opinion, is overwhelming whether you be a person of faith or otherwise.

Having said all that, what is needed is an ounce of humility when it comes to thinking we know about our origins. None of us know how God created the world aside from a very brief description in Genesis and science. Not one of us has the full picture.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree