1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 09:26
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    And god dictated a holy book to the earthlings so that they would all understand what he wanted them to do.

Only the omniscient god made his holy book so opaque that the earthlings would argue over it for thousands of years.
    You know, if you can't figure it out on your own, maybe you should ask someone more versed in it than you.

Don't just stand on the corner yelling, "It's incomprehensible!!" without making an effort to understand it.
  2. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:17
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You know, if you can't figure it out on your own, maybe you should ask someone more versed in it than you.

Don't just stand on the corner yelling, "It's incomprehensible!!" without making an effort to understand it.
    The guys arguing here would all purport to understand it.
    At least some of them are wrong.

What is up with a god who cannot communicate?
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 10:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    All I am saying is there is a difference between the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Otherwise, there would be no need to make a distinction by Jesus or the apostles.
    "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit exist as three distinct persons who are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. God is one in essence but three in persons, each with distinct roles. All that God has revealed about Himself can be understood. "... because that which is known about God is evident within them; for God made it evident to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly seen, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:19-20
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    03 Jan '15 11:35
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    What is up with a god who cannot communicate?
    God has and does communicate. It's you that has the problem. You won't acknowledge God because His Word cuts to your core and you refuse to hear it.

And don't think for one second that I don't have the same problem, as does everyone else. God is a perfect Father leading and guiding His children by His Word toward His truth and righteousness. I think most of us go there kicking and screaming all the way.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 04:24
    Originally posted by Suzianne

wolfgang59's comprehension or lack of comprehension is not the point he was making. Do you dispute his claim that Christians have been arguing over the meaning and content of their holy book for thousands of years?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 05:101 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit exist as three distinct persons who are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. God is one in essence but three in persons, each with distinct roles. All that God has revealed about Himself can be understood. "... because that which is known about God is evident withi ...[text shortened]... n, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:19-20
    Yes, the Father and Jesus are one, just as my father and I are one.
    Jesus is saying he is just like the Father. Same attributes, same love, kindness, etc.
    Have you ever heard the expression, "He is his fathers son?"
    That is why Hebrews says Jesus is the "express image" of the Father.

No, they are not "co-equal" because God is greater than the son.
    1 Cor 15:27-28
    But when He says "all things are put under Him," it is evident that He who put all things under Him is excepted. 28 Now when all things are made subject to Him, then the Son Himself will also be subject to Him who put all things under Him, that God may be all in all.
    NKJV

Why will the son be subject to the father if they are "co-equal"?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 05:55
    "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit exist as three distinct persons who are coequal, coinfinite and coeternal. God is one in essence but three in persons, each with distinct roles. All that God has revealed about Himself can be understood. "... because that which is known about God is evident withi ...[text shortened]... n, being understood through what has been made, so that they are without excuse." Romans 1:19-20
    So what? Did you think I said something different?
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 06:001 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    wolfgang59's comprehension or lack of comprehension is not the point he was making. Do you dispute his claim that Christians have been arguing over the meaning and content of their holy book for thousands of years?
    Clearly that is the problem of each individual's comprehension and sin nature, not the fault of God or the Holy Scriptures. 😏
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 06:05
    Clearly that is the problem of each individual's comprehension and sin nature, not the fault of God or the Holy Scriptures. 😏
    You don't think your God figure was able to come up a written revelation that transcended "the problem of each individual's comprehension and sin nature" and was less open to interpretation?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 06:21
    Originally posted by FMF
    You don't think your God figure was able to come up a written revelation that transcended "the problem of each individual's comprehension and sin nature" and was less open to interpretation?
    Yes, I believe it does when the individual becomes willing to repent and surrender his will to the will of God. God gives us free will and does not force us to love Him, because that would not be true love. 😏
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 06:23
    Yes, I believe it does when the individual becomes willing to repent and surrender his will to the will of God. God gives us free will and does not force us to love Him, because that would not be true love. 😏
    An answer to my question would be more interesting.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jan '15 06:28
    Originally posted by FMF
    An answer to my question would be more interesting.
    You sin is blinding your eyes to the truth in the Holy Scriptures as well as my answer to your question. 😏
  13. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 01:08
    "I and the Father are one." is a statement of Jesus being in harmony with Jehovah's purpose to redeem mankind. They are unified in purpose. Jesus was not saying he was God.
    (Philippians 2:5, 6) Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 01:173 edits
    Originally posted by roigam
    "I and the Father are one." is a statement of Jesus being in harmony with Jehovah's purpose to redeem mankind. They are unified in purpose. Jesus was not saying he was God.
    (Philippians 2:5, 6) Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
    Theologians have used the word coinherance to describe truth in Scripture that One of the Triune God the lives in the Other of the Triune God.

For example -

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works.

Believe Me that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me; but if not, believe because of the works themselves." (John 14:10,11)

Many more passages show the coinherance of the Three of the Divine Trinity.
  15. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    05 Jan '15 03:15
    Originally posted by sonship
    Theologians have used the word [b]coinherance to describe truth in Scripture that One of the Triune God the lives in the Other of the Triune God.

For example -

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak from Myself, but the Father who abides in Me does His works.

Believe ...[text shortened]... 1)

Many more passages show the coinherance of the Three of the Divine Trinity.[/b]
    So you would have everyone believe imperfect men over the inspired word of the apostle at (Philippians 2:5, 6) Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, 6 who, although he was existing in God’s form, gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God.
    or to Peter's words at (Matthew 16:13-17) When he had come into the region of Caes·a·re′a Phi·lip′pi, Jesus asked his disciples: “Who are men saying the Son of man is?” 14 They said: “Some say John the Baptist, others E·li′jah, and still others Jeremiah or one of the prophets.” 15 He said to them: “You, though, who do you say I am?” 16 Simon Peter answered: “You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” 17 In response Jesus said to him: “Happy you are, Simon son of Jo′nah, because flesh and blood did not reveal it to you, but my Father in the heavens did.
    I think the 1st Century followers of Christ knew exactly who he is.
    I would choose to listen to them and Jesus himself before the guesses of men of later days, especially in these last days, (2 Peter 1:1, 2) Simon Peter, a slave and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to those who have acquired a faith as precious as ours through the righteousness of our God and the Savior Jesus Christ: 2 May undeserved kindness and peace be increased to you by an accurate knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord,
    (2 Peter 2:1-3) However, there also came to be false prophets among the people, as there will also be false teachers among you. These will quietly bring in destructive sects, and they will even disown the owner who bought them, bringing speedy destruction upon themselves. 2 Furthermore, many will follow their brazen conduct, and because of them the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively. 3 Also, they will greedily exploit you with counterfeit words. But their judgment, decided long ago, is not moving slowly, and their destruction is not sleeping.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree