1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 00:34
    Do you think that if Jesus was right there next to you that he would want his name to be capitalized when referred to in the second person? (ie. "He" did this and that, or "he" did this and that?)

What do you think JC would answer?
    Could I get one word answers to kick this off? (Yes, no, maybe, etc.)
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 01:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Do you think that if Jesus was right there next to you that he would want his name to be capitalized when referred to in the second person? (ie. "He" did this and that, or "he" did this and that?)

Yes!
  3. St. Peter's
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 01:56

irrelevent
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 02:33

It would be an unironic "whatever."
  5. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 03:21
    Could I get one word answers to kick this off?

one word 😛
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:32
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Yes!
    So he would insist on being called "he" with a capital "H" if he was right next to you if you decided to maybe write a little insert into your diary (or whatever)?

Dont you think he would be more humble than that and attempt to be as a common person and not made out to be special.
    remember it is the christians that made him out to be special, he didn't seem like the egotistical type, rather the opposite.
    After all he mixed with "low lifes and criminals". I think he would be more interested in coming down to the commoners level and just being "one of the guys" .
    This way he could get his excellent messages across without seeming pretentious and coming across as an egotistical dick.

(JC: "Oh yeah, by the way, when you make a note of this visit, make sure you capitalize any references to me". Does that sound like the Jesus you know?
    Do you see what I'm trying to get at?)
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:34
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]Could I get one word answers to kick this off?

one word 😛[/b]
    Agerg....tse,tse.
    Thats two words anyway. 😛
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:36
    Originally posted by Doward
    irrelevent
    Possibly, but then why do we seem to want to capitalize everything we consider "holy"?
    Either everything is holy or nothing is
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:39
    Originally posted by JS357
    It would be an unironic "whatever."
    Sure... he wouldn't be focussing on our human ideas. Big or smalll "h" , he would be more interested in getting down to doing some good.
    He would prolly consider it an irrelevant question (Doward 🙂 )
  10. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:42
    Agerg....tse,tse.
    Thats two words anyway. 😛
    Ahhh, but when giving his "one word" answer, it was outside the bounds of it being required to be one word. 😛
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:54
    Originally posted by lausey
    Ahhh, but when giving his "one word" answer, it was outside the bounds of it being required to be one word. 😛
    Sure...it's just a guideline, but in the spirit of the op , I would have like to start with a one word answer.
    Paricipation is optional.
    Criticism is welcome.
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 10:58
    Sure...it's just a guideline, but in the spirit of the op , I would have like to start with a one word answer.
    Paricipation is optional.
    Criticism is welcome.
    Ok, I agree with Doward.

Irrelevant.
  13. Standard memberua41
    Sharp Edge
    Dulling my blade
    Moves
    18 Apr '11 15:36
    My answer- Irrelevant

Jesus' answer- "Huh?"

No capital letters in Hebrew language.
    ...of course, the New testament was written in Greek...
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 01:561 edit
    Originally posted by ua41
    My answer- Irrelevant

Jesus' answer- "Huh?"

No capital letters in Hebrew language.
    ...of course, the New testament was written in Greek...
    (sometimes replying to you is like replying to myself-an absolute pleasure, my fine internet pal 🙂 )

"Huh?" - classic!!!

So, ua41 ,(or anyone else), why do you think that most christians, (especially most that post here), cant understand the holistic nature of spirituality?
    (We're all in the same boat)

I don't think Jesus would be putting himself on a pedestal, that's not what humble people do. So why do christians persist on separating themselves from god/jesus?
    Why do they not understand that god and I are one?(or god and themselves) Why do they not understand the power of their own minds, that gives them the power to make a choice?

My constant beef with christians is why they dont get THEY are the one's separating themselves from god?

(I'm not saying that if you decide to "integrate" yourself with "God" that you will united with "Him" overnight. I'm saying that if you decide to take a holistic approach to christianity that things will NOT change immediately, but that as you take on this (to me) logical PREMISE, your life will gradually change as a result of using your powers of decision making and that will put in you in the right "ballpark"
    to be able to approach the goal of your "soul" . The Beloved wants to be united with it's Lover. It is the way of evolution, proper evolution ("spiritual evolution" ). It is inevitable, no matter how many extra births one must take in a physical body, that the "sperm" (which is like our "soul" ), will eventually find it's way into the "Egg" of spiritual potentiality. It is the inevitable "direction" of all souls, whether they be animals, plants or humans. )

"God" is like a parent with It's arms wide open waiting for us to "unite" with "Him". Waiting for us to embrace "Him" .

We are the one's with the power to (re)unite ouselves with the "matrix of our own creation". Jesus,Buddha, Osho, the Zen masters,etc. can only take you so far. We must take the final step(s) to rid ourselves of our divisive egos and end this madness that will persist until we understand this premise.
    Why, oh WHY do they persist on separaritng themselves from "God", and therefor constantly end up in a spearated "ballpark" that , while seeming pleasent and secure, is actually just another aspect of Maya, which is a constant cycle of good/bad, happy/sad, birth /death?

Hmmmm.... makes me sad. So much potential, and yet still, christians constantly put themselves below "God", when god just wants them to rid themselves of such dualities.
    Sad because a human life is special , EVERY SINGLE ONE, as we all have the god-seed waiting to be unleashed , YET IT REMAINS JUST A POTENTIAL UNTIL WE DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.... SAD, REALLY.
  15. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    19 Apr '11 02:18

"What do you think JC would answer?"

"Get thou behind me Satan". 😉

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree