1. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 21:556 edits
    Originally posted by googlefudge

I don't care how many people agree with you, they could all be wrong.
    For years, it was only one person, Finnegan, that agreed with her. Only recently has No1Marauder become someone she could site as having an issue with me, finally bringing that number up to two. I guess since it took her this long to find another poster to agree with her views, she'll be adding ThinkofOne to the very short list.

Furthermore, since she keeps bringing up No1Marauder to attack me:

http://www.redhotpawn.com/forum/debates/got-to-suck-beeing-an-american.164427/page-14

Originally posted by no1marauder to Duchess64
    Please leave me out of your personal pissing matches. If I think someone is adopting an unreasonable position, as I believe vivify was in the thread alluded to, I will so state (as I did). I do not and will not adopt your posture of turning every disagreement into a reason to ceaselessly personally attack any poster on this forum who adopts a contrary position to me.

Your continued decision to do so is a major detriment to this forum.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 22:01
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Apparently you ARE misrepresenting No1Marauder.

Any chance at all you are going to apologise for that?

Yeah, didn't think so.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 22:04

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 22:116 edits

5. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Apr '16 22:343 edits

6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 00:46
    Googlefudge seems determined to drag me into a dispute that I regard as a waste of time. Googlefudge keeps misrepresenting me. In fact, I prefer to pay little attention to what Googlefudge writes. I have noted some of Googlefudge's grammatical errors, ignorance of facts, errors in reasoning, or prejudices but I usually prefer not to comment upon them. I take whatever Googlefudge writes much less seriously than he himself likes to take it. Indeed, I never have claimed to be a supreme authority on what Googlefudge believes. What I have known of Googlefudge has made me disinclined to attempt to explore that. I find Googlefudge very uninteresting. So I prefer to spend my time around people (online or in real life) who seem much more interesting and less disagreeable than Googlefudge. If Googlefudge wants to become Vivify's devoted friend and ally, that's his business. I have no respect for Googlefudge or Vivify, so it makes no difference to me.

Does anyone else find these 160 words extremely peculiar?
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 01:01
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Similarly, with this theme park, I really don't see that someone in a technical role, for example a safety officer, should be required to be a practising Christian. If they were applying to be a priest then I could see it - after all one expects priests to believe in what they are saying during the sermon. So, unless they have some reason to believe that someone is applying for a job with the intention of undermining the objectives of the theme park, which might be a problem with some members of other religions or political atheists, except for preachy type roles within the theme park I do not think that there should be an exemption from non-discriminatory hiring practise.

How about if the employer wanted all staff to participate in community and solidarity building activities such as communal (Christian) prayers before and after work? What if that explicit fellowship was considered a crucial part of the spiritual workplace environment that the employer wanted to create?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 06:391 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Now let's say that a perfectly qualified white supremacist misogynist applies for janitor/toilet cleaner.

That's like saying a perfectly qualified non-swimmer can apply for a life-saver position.

edit: totally different to an atheist cleaning the toilets at a Christian Theme Park.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 11:581 edit
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    That's like saying a perfectly qualified non-swimmer can apply for a life-saver position.

edit: totally different to an atheist cleaning the toilets at a Christian Theme Park.
    Not to Christians. Since they believe Christians have the Holy Ghost guiding them, to them, it would be exactly like a non-swimmer applying for a life-saver position, since AIG's aim is to "save souls".
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 12:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Similarly, with this theme park, I really don't see that someone in a technical role, for example a safety officer, should be required to be a practising Christian. If they were applying to be a priest then I could see it - after all one expects priests to believe in what they are saying during the sermon. So, unless they have some reason to believe that s ...[text shortened]... idered a crucial part of the spiritual workplace environment that the employer wanted to create?
    That's not a reasonable requirement from the employer.
  11. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 12:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Googlefudge seems determined to drag me into a dispute that I regard as a waste of time. Googlefudge keeps misrepresenting me. In fact, I prefer to pay little attention to what Googlefudge writes. I have noted some of Googlefudge's grammatical errors, ignorance of facts, errors in reasoning, or prejudices but I usually prefer not to comment upon them. I take ...[text shortened]... o it makes no difference to me.

Does anyone else find these 160 words extremely peculiar?[/b]
    Apart from the almost complete absence of personal pronouns?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 13:06
    That's not a reasonable requirement from the employer.
    Wouldn't it be more of an opportunity for like minded Christian would-be employees rather than a "requirement"?
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 13:19
    Originally posted by FMF
    Wouldn't it be more of an opportunity for like minded Christian would-be employees rather than a "requirement"?
    For one thing it's before and after work - the employer has no rights over what employees do in their own time.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 13:29
    For one thing it's before and after work - the employer has no rights over what employees do in their own time.
    Well I meant during work hours at the beginning and end of the shift.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Apr '16 13:39
    Originally posted by FMF
    [b]Googlefudge seems determined to drag me into a dispute that I regard as a waste of time. Googlefudge keeps misrepresenting me. In fact, I prefer to pay little attention to what Googlefudge writes. I have noted some of Googlefudge's grammatical errors, ignorance of facts, errors in reasoning, or prejudices but I usually prefer not to comment upon them. I take ...[text shortened]... o it makes no difference to me.

Does anyone else find these 160 words extremely peculiar?[/b]
    Sounds like a lovers tiff between Duchess and Googlefudge to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree