This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 09:51
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Isn't this the shortsighted criticism that naively thinks the Bible only talks about thunder, lightening, and natural events?
    It isn't a criticism, for one.

And nowhere in any of my posts do I suggest the Bible only talks about "thunder, lightning, and natural events".
  3. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 11:10
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You're asking me "for which God" Christians here at RHP think creation is the most compelling evidence of?
    Christians believe in the God of the Bible no?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 11:31
    FMF: Just about every Christian here at RHP has surely stated at one point or another, if not repeatedly, that the most compelling evidence of God's existence is creation itself. I assumed you had done so too.

Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Evidence for which God?
    The Christian one. Did you not read the post you were replying to?
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 11:34
    The Christian one. Did you not read the post you were replying to?
    Creation could be evidence for any God if the Bible is out of the picture.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 11:41
    Creation could be evidence for any God if the Bible is out of the picture.
    If you dispute what I said about what Christians consider to be compelling evidence of "God" a couple of pages back in direct answer to your question, you should just say so. The fact that anyone can believe whatever they want with regard to there being a supernatural cause to "creation" doesn't affect what I said.
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:01
    If you dispute what I said about what Christians consider to be compelling evidence of "God" a couple of pages back in direct answer to your question, you should just say so. The fact that anyone can believe whatever they want with regard to there being a supernatural cause to "creation" doesn't affect what I said.
    Your statement was in response, to my question, “If the Bible isn’t evidence, what is?”

The point I am making is that without the Bible, ‘creation’ could be attributed to any random God and is therefore not specifically evidence for the Christian God on its own.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:09
    Your statement was in response, to my question, “If the Bible isn’t evidence, what is?”

The point I am making is that without the Bible, ‘creation’ could be attributed to any random God and is therefore not specifically evidence for the Christian God on its own.
    You seem to be conceding that "creation" is not compelling evidence specifically for your own god figure. Do you then believe that it is compelling evidence [even if you might personally discount it for your own partisan reasons] of any and all 'creator' gods in the hands of those gods' followers?
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:11
    It's still not clear whether you dispute that Christians consider "creation" to be compelling evidence of "God".
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:16
    It's still not clear whether you dispute that Christians consider "creation" to be compelling evidence of "God".
    The question should be would they even be Christians to start with if they didn’t have the Bible. Obviously Christians that do have the Bible’s account of creation do regard creation as evidence but that doesn’t mean they would do so without the Bible.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:19
    The question should be... blah blah.
    Yes, but my question was whether you dispute that Christians consider "creation" to be compelling evidence of "God".
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:21
    The question should be would they even be Christians to start with if they didn’t have the Bible. Obviously Christians that do have the Bible’s account of creation do regard creation as evidence but that doesn’t mean they would do so without the Bible.
    Don't misunderstand me. I don't really care whether or not you believe that the Bible is evidence that your god figure exists.
  13. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:24
    Yes, but my question was whether you dispute that Christians consider "creation" to be compelling evidence of "God".
    No I don’t dispute that Christians who have the Biblical account of creation consider creation as evidence for the God of the Bible.
  14. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:26
    Don't misunderstand me. I don't really care whether or not you believe that the Bible is evidence that your god figure exists.
    Well I’m not surprised. There are quite a few things you don’t seem to care about.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Dec '17 12:30
    Well I’m not surprised. There are quite a few things you don’t seem to care about.
    That's a flippant answer, surely, to the non-believer perspective that I am offering. It's saying that if you want to believe that the Bible is evidence that your god figure exists then that's fine by me. It's saying that you are entitled to make that claim. It's a pity that your reaction is a cheap and surly one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree