Only one option.....

Only one option.....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by Dasa
You get your information second hand from web-sites not authorized.

You do not understand fact from mythology.

You read a tiny little bit of something on-line from an un-authorized web sites and you understand nothing.............and from all that you reject the Vedas.

You are simply making baseless and whimsical comments.

And for approaching the Ve ...[text shortened]... shonest.

You should not come to the spirituality forum unless you become honest and sensible.
i understand those myths a great deal better than you do. fact is, those are the vedic creation mythologies which you elevate above science.
you take allegorical and symbolic stories as actual fact. the absurdity of this is tantamount to your ignorance.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by VoidSpirit
i understand those myths a great deal better than you do. fact is, those are the vedic creation mythologies which you elevate above science.
you take allegorical and symbolic stories as actual fact. the absurdity of this is tantamount to your ignorance.
and your own position of course doesn't rely upon heaps of unobserved phenomena?

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
and your own position of course doesn't rely upon heaps of unobserved phenomena?
that's right.

rc

Moves
26 Jan 12

that's right.
feels bum and makes sure vitals are in order! yes its not a bad dream after all.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
feels bum and makes sure vitals are in order! yes its not a bad dream after all.
despite your facetious response, it remains that my position does not rely on any unobserved phenomenon.

r
rvsakhadeo

India

Moves
26 Jan 12
1 edit

Originally posted by googlefudge
Fuzzy logic is non-binary logic.
It deals with situations where the answer isn't just true or false or it's not know if it's true or false.

It's a particular problem when trying to program binary computers running on boolean logic.

There is nothing illogical or irrational about 'out of the box thinking', and 'fuzzy logic' is still a form
of logi ...[text shortened]... ument still fails spectacularly, due to your still adhering to the straw-Vulcan fallacy.
Do you consider that ALL thoughts occurring to sane humans i.e. philosophers as well as poets and visionaries,painters and musicians and programmers, sculptors and scientists,athletes and saints,seers and Darwinists are belonging to realm of coherent thinking ? Yes or No ? If not, should we then dismiss all our creative poets and visionaries and Saints and Seers,sculptors and musicians, metaphysicians and planners as anti-Logic babblers to be confined to padded cells otherwise they may disrupt the working of tomorrow's never never land of computers ruling this world through their human flunkeys ? In the world where Logic alone will rule? Is this the dream world of scientists ? Then, truly God help us.

Moves
26 Jan 12

Originally posted by rvsakhadeo
Do you consider that ALL thoughts occurring to sane humans i.e. philosophers as well as poets and visionaries,painters and musicians and programmers, sculptors and scientists,athletes and saints,seers and Darwinists are belonging to realm of coherent thinking ? Yes or No ? If not, should we then dismiss all our creative poets and visionaries and Saints ...[text shortened]... d where Logic alone will rule? Is this the dream world of scientists ? Then, truly God help us.
Again, you are falling prey to the Straw-Vulcan fallacy.

I enjoy a good piece of whimsy as much as if not more than the next man.

However you started out by extolling the virtues of myths and irrationality as a method of
determining truth about our reality and that is just nonsense.

Seriously, watch this.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
26 Jan 12
1 edit

NO NO NO NO.

The theory of evolution specifically and exclusively deals with the diversity of life.

Cosmology is physics and not biology, and Abiogenesis is an independent and separate
part of bio-chemistry.

If you want to talk about the beginning of the universe then you are talking astrophysics and evolution
has nothing to do with it.

I ...[text shortened]... ainly does not include big bang theory which was thought of many decades after evolution theory.
YES YES YES, it all eventually comes together! Even though people have come up with the big bang theory way after
they have come up with the evolution theory, evolution had to take its place (it's starting point at some time) in this
matter, this theory, this gibberish, nonsense of a story that you believe in. Did it start after the big bang or did it start
after abiogenesis or did it start when Darwin came out a coma after smoking the good stuff? So when did evolution
start, when did it take its place in the circle of life transformations and when will it end? Or is it not part of the bigger picture here?

Edit: Abiogenesis and evolution are different - but the are related!

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Jan 12

You do not know how God creates.

It is explained in Srimad Bhagavatam.

The creation is above the understanding of mundane mind.

But unless your mind and heart are purified from living the spiritual life you will never understand it.

And in this position you can never judge it.

Therefore your comments are baseless.

Moves
27 Jan 12

Originally posted by Nicksten
YES YES YES, it all eventually comes together!
Even though people have come up with the big bang theory way after
they have come up with the evolution theory, evolution had to take its place (it's starting point at some time) in this
matter, this theory, this gibberish, nonsense of a story that you believe in. Did it start after the big bang or did it s ...[text shortened]... he bigger picture here?

You are talking nonsense and gibberish.

Calm down and type slower, and consider using the return key once in a while...

First, No! science has many different feilds of study each of which has many theories and hypotheses
dealing with different aspects of reality.
Your story of 'creation' might cover all aspects of the 'story' of why we are here but science doesn't do
big holistic stories like that, we answer many little detailed questions which form a mosaic picture and
together paint the larger tale.

&feature=fvwrel

Evolution is one tiny piece of the puzzle and explains how LIFE diversified and adapted to it's environment.

It is entirely independent of big bang theory which deals with the formation of the universe.

Evolution is the explanation of how earliest life developed adapted and diversified to be the wide variety
of life we see today.

Abiogenesis is the explanation of how collections of organic molecules formed and came together to form the
first life forms.

They are both separate pieces of the mosaic.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Jan 12

Originally posted by Dasa
You do not know how God creates.

It is explained in Srimad Bhagavatam.

The creation is above the understanding of mundane mind.
that explains why you don't know anything about it.

V

Windsor, Ontario

Moves
27 Jan 12

i'm related to my cousin too, but that doesn't mean i sleep with her.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
27 Jan 12

i'm related to my cousin too, but that doesn't mean i sleep with her.
No obviously you shouldn't sleep with her.

Cape Town

Moves
27 Jan 12

YES YES YES, it all eventually comes together!
Yes, all of science comes together. But you can't pick and choose and make groups out of what you like and don't like and then claim that the group you don't like is called 'evolution' or even that interdependencies only exist in the group you don't like.
Your beliefs contradict many fields of science. Basically any field of science that relates to age, especially anything that deals with dates more than a few thousand years, contradicts your beliefs. This includes astronomy, geology, biology, history, archaeology, cosmology, and others. And yes, they are all related.
But to equate 'evolution' with an astronomers analysis of the size of the galaxy, or a geologists view on the formation of diamonds, or an archaeologists findings on the civilizations of Peru is ridiculous.

Jo'Burg South Africa

Moves
27 Jan 12

You are talking nonsense and gibberish.

Calm down and type slower, and consider using the return key once in a while...

First, No! science has many different feilds of study each of which has many theories and hypotheses
dealing with different aspects of reality.
Your story of 'creation' might cover all aspects of the 'story' of why we are here ...[text shortened]... e together to form the
first life forms.

They are both separate pieces of the mosaic.
googlefudge...you are talking centric and I am talking holistically. Even though evolution is something totally different on its own, it could not have been possible if there wasn't any thing that needed a so called transformation to be something better.

So what you are saying is that you kinda belief in the following:
It rained for millions of years and a lightning hit a muddy pool which turned into soap and this created something we call abiogenesis today which was the start of life. Somewhere along the millions of years evolution magically appeared and thought - heck lets transform this into something.

THAT is talking nonsense!