1. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 14:42
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Sometime when I have a bit more time I would like to start a thread to explore the idea why some atheists (e.g. the arch proponent Richard Dawkins) insist that evolution proves that there is no God, because it does no such thing!

😠
    Well I agree that evolution doesn't disprove god, which is why I frequently remind the YEC's that the majority of those who accept evolution as true are not only theists but Christians.

And that overall the majority of Christians accept evolution.

What evolution does do is remove the need for a god to explain the diversity of life.

But as I have also said multiple times, the 'god hypothesis' doesn't explain anything anyway.
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 14:42
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what relevance do i have to any discussion is a more pertinent question.
    None whatsoever... glad you brought this up.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 15:191 edit
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    None whatsoever... glad you brought this up.
    sigh once again you display your almost innate sense of stating the obvious, have you
    ever had an original thought in your life? appeals to the ego or simple condescension
    don't work, perhaps one day you may even come to realise that your posts are not a
    reflection of the person you seek to vilify, but of you.

dum maro dum met jaye ghum! bolo subah sham!
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 16:12
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Have you ever read Dawkins???
    Yes. I had never heard of him before coming to this forum, and on recommendation from people here I bought and read "The God Delusion".

I am fairly sure that he quite categorically says in that book that evolution does not prove that God does not exist.

If you are interested I can give you the exact reference for this quote. I have it at home. Right now, this is quoted by Collins in his book "The Language of God" on p163.
    What use would be an exact reference? The quote doesn't support your claim. This is why I am cautioning you to look at yourself before starting a thread criticizing young earth creationists. If you have to deliberately misrepresent atheists to support your beliefs, you are no different from a young earth creationist. What will really tell us whether or not you are the same as them, or a more honest person, is whether or not you admit your error in this case, or instead think up more and more ridiculous arguments to avoid doing so until you are backed into a corner and have no option but to insult everyone then refuse to read their posts.
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 16:19
    But as I have also said multiple times, the 'god hypothesis' doesn't explain anything anyway.
    The problem is, that the vast majority of people do not want to know the answer, they just want there to be an answer. If they think the questions have been answered then they are satisfied.
    This phenomenon is quite remarkable but true. In almost every culture there are stories about the origins for various things, or explanation as to why something is the way it is, and people in general seem remarkably interested in them and satisfied with them however ridiculous they may be. Why does the giraffe have a long neck? Well its because it had a tug of war with a rhino. OK. Problem solved.
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 16:28
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    sigh once again you display your almost innate sense of stating the obvious, have you
    ever had an original thought in your life? appeals to the ego or simple condescension
    don't work, perhaps one day you may even come to realise that your posts are not a
    reflection of the person you seek to vilify, but of you.

dum maro dum met jaye ghum! bolo subah sham!
    I am sorry but given that your life consists of regurgitating wholesale 2000+ year old ideas
    you are not particularly well placed to lecture anyone on originality.

You also lie, distort, and are generally impressively ignorant.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Jan '12 20:376 edits
    I am sorry but given that your life consists of regurgitating wholesale 2000+ year old ideas
    you are not particularly well placed to lecture anyone on originality.

You also lie, distort, and are generally impressively ignorant.
    If its the best you can do then its the best you can do, where did I lie, if you
    please. If you cannot produce a specific instance then i would be pleased if you
    refrained from making untrue assertions which amount to nothing more than slander
    and defamation of character, and i would also be pleased if you refrained from
    engaging me in conversation for there is a rather simple Biblical principle involved
    which i would like to abide by,

(Proverbs 6:12-14) . . . A good-for-nothing man, a man of hurtfulness, is walking
    with crookedness of speech . . . .he is fabricating something bad all the time. He
    keeps sending out merely contentions. . .

you are merely sending out contentions and contribute no understanding of anything
    to anyone, please spare me the ordeal - thanks in advance - Robbie.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree