1. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:17
    The Encyclopedia of Religion says that almost all known religions have certain beliefs that, while differing in detail, are surprisingly similar. For example, they believe that mankind fell from an original position of divine favor, that death is unnatural, and that sacrifice is necessary to regain divine favor. This is strong circumstantial evidence indicating that all of today’s religions had a common origin.
    The Bible explains how this came about. It tells us that the first man and woman rejected God’s direction and turned to another source for guidance and counsel. Although evidently not aware of Satan and his rebellion against God, they took an independent course and followed the counsel of a creature, represented by the serpent, rather than the Creator. The Bible later revealed that Satan was the true voice behind the misleading serpent.—Genesis 2:16–3:24; Revelation 12:9.
    Thus man moved out from under theocratic rule and established his own standards as to good and evil. By their independent actions, Adam and Eve set mankind on a course that would result in many different religions, all of them constituting false worship in contrast with the true worship practiced by Jehovah’s faithful witnesses down through history. Directly or indirectly, the beneficiary of that false worship has been the great Adversary, Satan. Thus, the apostle Paul was able to write: “The things which the nations sacrifice they sacrifice to demons, and not to God; and I do not want you to become sharers with the demons.” He went on to show that there are only two forms of worship, saying: “You cannot be drinking the cup of Jehovah and the cup of demons; you cannot be partaking of ‘the table of Jehovah’ and the table of demons.”—1 Corinthians 10:20, 21.
    Therefore, Adam’s rebellion initiated a second form of worship, one that placed the creature ahead of the Creator. And the real sponsor of that new religion was the new self-appointed “god,” Satan the Devil.—2 Corinthians 4:4; 1 John 5:19.
    Adam and Eve’s first two sons, Cain and Abel, offered sacrifices to the Creator, indicating that both of them were religiously inclined. The subsequent course of events, however, showed that they were not religiously united. This became apparent less than 130 years into mankind’s history, when a sacrifice made by Abel was accepted by the Creator, whereas Cain’s was rejected. Obviously, God was not willing to accept just any personal religion. This fact angered Cain and motivated him to murder his brother.—Genesis 4:1-12; 1 John 3:12.
    For the first time in human history, religious hatred stained the earth with innocent blood. It would not be the last time. “Probably half or more of the wars now being fought around the world are either openly religious conflicts or involved with religious disputes,” noted a modern-day newspaper columnist.
    In the days of Enosh, a nephew of Cain and Abel, “a start was made of calling on the name of Jehovah.” (Genesis 4:26) Since Abel had previously made a start of calling on God’s name in faith, this later “calling on the name of Jehovah” is understood to mean that people began to use the name profanely or in a debased way. It was clearly a case of religious hypocrisy.
    The Jewish Jerusalem Targum, or paraphrase, notes: “That was the generation in whose days they began to err, and to make themselves idols, and surnamed their idols by the name of the Word of the Lord.” Idolatry, coupled with a pretense of representing God, has characterized false religion ever since.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    The Encyclopedia of Religion says that almost all known religions have certain beliefs that, while differing in detail, are surprisingly similar. For example, they believe that mankind fell from an original position of divine favor, that death is unnatural, and that sacrifice is necessary to regain divine favor. This is strong circumstantial evidence ind ...[text shortened]... latry, coupled with a pretense of representing God, has characterized false religion ever since.
    You're as bad as dasa.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081026103702AAllwLK

Third post down.
  3. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:25
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You're as bad as dasa.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20081026103702AAllwLK

Third post down.
    Didn't think you'd get it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:391 edit
    Didn't think you'd get it.
    Your condescending view of my limited comprehension is noted. However, what is required is a clarification of where you acquired the content of your OP please?
  5. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 22:50
    Your condescending view of my limited comprehension is noted. However, what is required is a clarification of where you acquired the content of your OP please?
    Sorry about that. Why does it matter where it came from? The points it's stating is what 's important. If it's wrong please explain?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 23:021 edit
    Sorry about that. Why does it matter where it came from? The points it's stating is what 's important. If it's wrong please explain?
    You sound exactly like dasa, in his exchanges with FMF about his (dasa's) plagarism here.

Do you think that copying someone's words and posting them in this forum makes you more credible as an evangelist for your religion?
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    19 Dec '11 23:061 edit
    To the original OP: the idea that is put forth in your original post is not controversial because this is a common understanding from most in the world. Even in literature and pop culture the understanding of paradise lost and man or whoever trying to reclaim it is known. Tokien's the Smarmillion the beings in that story went along with the main god's creation except one named Melchor who sang out of key and was trying to create his own. Then later the Elves defied the god's in that story. I'm a believer in the concept that in myth hides real truth. 270+ floods stories from around the world while some sound crazy they all have a common theme. Even a gospel story in the stars. Virgo the virgin and Orion the hunter who hunts the Boar and protects the
    virgin. God very well may have revealed the gospel to early man and it became stories and legend and myth. However this does not mean that the truth is not hidden within these stories.

Manny
  8. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:04
    Originally posted by menace71
    To the original OP: the idea that is put forth in your original post is not controversial because this is a common understanding from most in the world. Even in literature and pop culture the understanding of paradise lost and man or whoever trying to reclaim it is known. Tokien's the Smarmillion the beings in that story went along with the main god's creat ...[text shortened]... myth. However this does not mean that the truth is not hidden within these stories.

Manny
    Yes, good comments. But just because some have some of the truths does that mean God accepts them?
    Remember about the leven in the Bible?
  9. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:06
    You sound exactly like dasa, in his exchanges with FMF about his (dasa's) plagarism here.

Do you think that copying someone's words and posting them in this forum makes you more credible as an evangelist for your religion?
    The post was not to discuss who wrote it. The post was to get ones to read and get the info out of it and think about it and see if one would agree or not and possibly learn something. If all your after are the editors names of postings then start a post on that.
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:231 edit
    Yes, good comments. But just because some have some of the truths does that mean God accepts them?
    Remember about the leven in the Bible?
    I think to presume the prerogatives of God when it comes to his judgments is well......beyond us. There will be many that say on that day lord lord and he will reply I don't know you depart from me and vice versa plus all truth belongs to God anyway.

Manny
  11. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:27
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think to presume the prerogatives of God when it comes to his judgments is well......beyond us. There will be many that say on that day lord lord and he will reply I don't know you depart from me and vice versa plus all truth belongs to God anyway.

Manny
    If were not supposed to know God's will then what is the bible for?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:33
    The Encyclopedia of Religion says that almost all known religions have certain beliefs that, while differing in detail, are surprisingly similar. For example, they believe that mankind fell from an original position of divine favor, that death is unnatural, and that sacrifice is necessary to regain divine favor. This is strong circumstantial evidence ind ...[text shortened]... latry, coupled with a pretense of representing God, has characterized false religion ever since.
    But aren't you worshipping the creature by believing in the Watchtower
    Society and their teachings? It seems the same as Eve believing in
    that old Serpent the Devil.
  13. Standard membergalveston75online
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 00:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    But aren't you worshipping the creature by believing in the Watchtower
    Society and their teachings? It seems the same as Eve believing in
    that old Serpent the Devil.
    What are the fruits of the two? Can you honestly compare us to Satan?

I only worship God and give honor to his son Jesus. I nor any JW worhips any organization
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:50
    If were not supposed to know God's will then what is the bible for?
    LOL, in yo face!
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:53
    What are the fruits of the two? Can you honestly compare us to Satan?

I only worship God and give honor to his son Jesus. I nor any JW worhips any organization
    Your organisation said that masturbation leads to homosexuality.
    Do you believe that as well??

Watchtower May 15 1970, p. 315 Avoiding the Snare of Homosexuality
    (see also Watchtower October 1 1970, p. 604)

Helpful in this regard, then, is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice that can lead to homosexual acts. How so? In that self-induced masturbation may make it easier and more tempting for one to engage in mutual masturbation, which is a form of homosexuality. Sincerely striving against this practice will go far to protect a youth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree