1. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    no your post seemed pointless bitching, why?

you bitched because he didn't site his sources, so what, its the content that's important,
    secondly you bitched because he didn't answer a question that he did not want to
    answer, again , its not an inquisition, is it, what will you do next, tie him to a rack and
    examine him under torture? These ...[text shortened]...
    I feel no aggression towards you, sometimes one must aim above the mark to hit the
    target.
    The third post down Galveston says "didn't think you would get it". This to me implies that he wanted us to believe it was original thought. He didn't forget to cite anything. I have no intention of torturing anyone, I'd just like him to at least be above Dasa's level.

As I said before, I understand his disagreement with Raj. I will make no further inquiry as to why he avoids his questions, no matter how valid/invalid they might be.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:121 edit
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    The third post down Galveston says "didn't think you would get it". This to me implies that he wanted us to believe it was original thought. He didn't forget to cite anything. I have no intention of torturing anyone, I'd just like him to at least be above Dasa's level.

As I said before, I understand his disagreement with Raj. I will make no further inquiry as to why he avoids his questions, no matter how valid/invalid they might be.
    yes because lets face it, its really the Gmans style of writing, isn't it - geez, what do
    you think he hoped to gain through this charade? you think this might have been a
    clue, 'The Encyclopedia of Religion says. . . '?
  3. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:21
    yes because lets face it, its really the Gmans style of writing, isn't it - geez, what do
    you think he hoped to gain through this charade? you think this might have been a
    clue, 'The Encyclopedia of Religion says. . . '?
    You are missing the point that he ripped it off of someone else who actually did the research. Ah well, I'm done picking for the evening. He was deliberately dishonest about it. Spin it anyway you wish.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:32
    Making fun of someone to avoid a clear question is not a very good tactic if you want people to take you seriously. While I don't agree with Raj's position on many things, he asked if you believe masurbation is wrong. He didn't say he wishes to have a JW orgy with you. He just wanted your simple opinion on a controversial subject. Do you believe it will lea ...[text shortened]... rk and pass it off as your own? Feel free to circumvent these questions any way you see fit.
    First I have been down this road with Raj many times and he never has any good entensions. He has only one purpose and that is to discredit the Witnesses and I've had enough of his nonsence. We are a peaceful and law abiding people and we put God and his ways first in our life's. He sees us differently and that is fine but he has no love for anything in his heart but himself and I will no longer deal with him.
    If he seriously wants to know the answer on that he can contact the WTS.

And the posting your referring to is for public viewing by anyone in the Watchtower magazine in came form. Nothing was stolen.
    Anymore questions?
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:42
    Part 2......

The gaining of knowledge about religion’s past is vital because there basically are only two kinds of religion—one acceptable to mankind’s Creator and the other clearly unacceptable. Logically, then, if a person is to have the Creator’s approval, he must share His views on religion. Do not forget that all of us are involved because “man is by his constitution a religious animal.”
    In looking at religion’s past, let us do so with an open mind, even more importantly, with a receptive heart. Whenever a particular religion comes under scrutiny, let us pause long enough to ask ourselves whether its teachings are understandable, clear, and logical. And what about its accomplishments? Has it drawn its members closer to the Creator by impressing upon them the importance of obeying his commands, or has it instead allowed them to set up their own standards of conduct? Has religion taught people to trust in God to solve world problems? Or has it instead misled them into trusting in political means to do so? Has it promoted unity and peace among earth’s inhabitants, or has it instead fomented disunity and instigated wars?
    These and other questions will help us distinguish between the one original religion introduced by mankind’s Creator and the many counterfeit kinds introduced by his adversary.
  6. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:583 edits
    the Bible covers a period much older than 15th century BCE, you might want to try again.
    Before it was YHWH it was Marduk.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Enuma_Elish

Or El...

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/El

Before Moses nobody knew his name was YHWH according to the story right?
  7. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 05:09
    this is nothing like it,

The Sumerian Creation

Only one account of the Sumerian creation has survived, but it is a suggestive one.
    This account functions as an introduction to the story of "The Huluppu-Tree" (Wolkstein 4).

In the first days when everything needed was brought into being,
    In the first days when everything needed ...[text shortened]... anna to "go heavenward."

hardly a striking resemblance, is it.
    http://ldolphin.org/eden/

...the term Eden, or Edin, appears first in Sumer, the Mesopotamian region that produced the world's first written language. This was in the third millennium B.C., more than three thousand years after the rise of the Ubaid culture. In Sumerian the word "Eden" meant simply "fertile plain." The word "Adam" also existed in cuneiform, meaning something like "settlement on the plain."

...in a famous Sumerian poem translated and analyzed by scholar Samuel Noah Kramer, there is an account of how Enki the water god angered the Mother Goddess Ninhursag by eating eight magical plants that she had created. The Mother Goddess put the curse of death on Enki and disappeared, presumably so she couldn't change her mind and relent. Later, however, when Enki became very ill and eight of his "organs" failed, Ninhursag was enticed back. She summoned eight healing deities, one for each ailing organ. Now the Sumerian word for "rib" is "ti.," but the same word also means "to make live." So the healing deity who worked on Enki's rib was called "Nin-ti" and, in a nice play on words, became both the "lady of the rib" and the "lady who makes live."

...Abraham indeed is said to have come from Ur, at the time near the Gulf, and the writers of Genesis wanted to link up with that history. So they drew from the literary sources of the greatest civilization that had existed, and that was in Mesopotamia...

The Sumerians always claimed that their ancestors came 'out of the sea,' and I believe they literally did," says Zarins. "They retreated northward into Mesopotamia from the encroaching waters of the Gulf, where they had lived for thousands of years."

...The scholarly world first heard about Dilmun a little more than a century ago, when scholars were able to decipher cuneiform tablets unearthed by archaeologist Austen Henry Layard in Nineveh, an Assyrian stronghold in today's Iraq. Its earliest mention was in economic texts referring to traffic in people and goods. On later tablets, to their astonishment. scholars began reading, in literature, not only about Eden and Adam and the "lady of the rib" but also about a Great Flood, a Sumerian hero called Gilgamesh and his search for the Tree of Life. There was even a serpent.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 05:461 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    First I have been down this road with Raj many times and he never has any good entensions. He has only one purpose and that is to discredit the Witnesses and I've had enough of his nonsence. We are a peaceful and law abiding people and we put God and his ways first in our life's. He sees us differently and that is fine but he has no love for anything in ...[text shortened]... ng by anyone in the Watchtower magazine in came form. Nothing was stolen.
    Anymore questions?
    While being crucified, Jesus said, "Father forgive them for they know not
    what they do." I believe He may take that attitude with you guys because
    He will be able to read the intent of your hearts. I believe the JWs have
    good intentions in mind but have been decieved like Eve into believing a
    few lies. The crowd that shouted, "Crucify Him." did not know that they
    were crucifying the Christ.
  9. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 06:18
    If were not supposed to know God's will then what is the bible for?
    Ok sure we can know God's will and his written plan as laid out in the bible but why does God allow evil (if even for now)Why do the righteous die and evil people sometimes prosper? God is sovereign and somethings are hidden from man is what I'm saying. I agree with you that the bible is God's revealed truth to man but as the Apostle Paul says the people of his day could see God through what had been made in the universe. Special revelation and general revelation.

Manny
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 06:28
    The whole masturbation thing well LOL that's just retarded either way 🙂 LOL man............

You know though 99% of men do it right? The other 1% just lie !!!! LOL

Manny
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 06:322 edits
    The post was not to discuss who wrote it. The post was to get ones to read and get the info out of it and think about it and see if one would agree or not and possibly learn something. If all your after are the editors names of postings then start a post on that.
    I'm not interested in your copy/paste dumps any more than I'm interested in dasa's.

You well know that it is forum protocol to quote your sources when copying from them and not to pass them off as your own. The source of content posted here is as much of interest to the reader as the content itself, as it provides insight into the nature and background of the information and ideas.

This tendancy of you to copy/paste like this reinforces my view that you have few thoughts and spiritual insights of your own.
  12. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 08:58
    I understand your not wanting to consort with Raj. I guess I struck a nerve... anyways, loads of people in the spirituality forum are curious about the questions raised and Galveston's lack of integrity evident from his plagarism. I respect the fact you wish not to comment on a subject that makes you uncomfortable, but why the rant? I asked HIM to answer a ...[text shortened]... a JW, but for things like his OP originality)

Continue with your unwarranted aggression....
    Anyone with even a partly functioning brain knows that claiming masturbation can lead to homosexuality is the biggest load of bobbins on the forum for a while. Rob knows it as well, hence the long protracted saga avoiding the question. This is what he does when he doesn't want to acknowledge something.

Masturbation can lead to homosexuality. Dear oh dear. 😞
  13. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 11:32
    Making fun of someone to avoid a clear question is not a very good tactic if you want people to take you seriously. While I don't agree with Raj's position on many things, he asked if you believe masurbation is wrong. He didn't say he wishes to have a JW orgy with you. He just wanted your simple opinion on a controversial subject. Do you believe it will lea ...[text shortened]... rk and pass it off as your own? Feel free to circumvent these questions any way you see fit.
    Thank you. It was a simple question about the Watchtowers position on the subject.
    The problem is that that kind of ruling will cause a lot of problems with young people in particular. The broader issue is what right does religion have making rulings about what goes on in the bedroom of people whose activities are in fact sanctioned by the Bible... eg married couples.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 11:38
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Before it was YHWH it was Marduk.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Enuma_Elish

Or El...

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/El

Before Moses nobody knew his name was YHWH according to the story right?
    Marduk is a completely different deity and El is a shortened version of Elohim, the
    Hebrew term for God, Jehovah is a name, not a generic term like God.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 11:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'm not interested in your copy/paste dumps any more than I'm interested in dasa's.

You well know that it is forum protocol to quote your sources when copying from them and not to pass them off as your own. The source of content posted here is as much of interest to the reader as the content itself, as it provides insight into the nature and backgr ...[text shortened]... e like this reinforces my view that you have few thoughts and spiritual insights of your own.
    then dont read them and do your bitchin some place else

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree