1. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:571 edit
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Your organisation said that masturbation leads to homosexuality.
    Do you believe that as well??

Watchtower May 15 1970, p. 315 Avoiding the Snare of Homosexuality
    (see also Watchtower October 1 1970, p. 604)

Helpful in this regard, then, is appreciating the fact that autoeroticism or masturbation is no mere innocent pastime but rather a practice ...[text shortened]... m of homosexuality. Sincerely striving against this practice will go far to protect a youth.
    what is it about, i dont have anything to say to you that you are finding difficult to
    understand, are you stalking the Gman, do you fancy him, do you have homosexual
    tendencies yourself that you wish to discuss masturbation with him? Lol, maybe he will
    send you a pick for you to fantasise over, who can say?
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 01:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    what is it about, i dont have anything to say to you that you are finding difficult to
    understand, are you stalking the Gman, do you fancy him, do you have homosexual
    tendencies yourself that you wish to discuss masturbation with him? Lol, maybe he will
    send you a pick for you to fantasise over, who can say?
    That's the reason I did not want anything to do with that post of his.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 02:012 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    That's the reason I did not want anything to do with that post of his.
    nor would I, i mean, if someone came up to you and said, come Gman, lets discuss
    homosexuality and masturbation you'd be outa there like a fifty pence rocket at a
    fireworks display! Hes well creepy! slimy i would think.
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 02:39
    nor would I, i mean, if someone came up to you and said, come Gman, lets discuss
    homosexuality and masturbation you'd be outa there like a fifty pence rocket at a
    fireworks display! Hes well creepy! slimy i would think.
    About the last thing I'd discuss with him....
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 02:48
    About the last thing I'd discuss with him....
    why limit yourself dude, the list of things not to discuss are endless! they should have
    a rubber ear smiley for creepy people like that.
  6. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:13
    The Encyclopedia of Religion says that almost all known religions have certain beliefs that, while differing in detail, are surprisingly similar. For example, they believe that mankind fell from an original position of divine favor, that death is unnatural, and that sacrifice is necessary to regain divine favor. This is strong circumstantial evidence ind ...[text shortened]... ng that all of today’s religions had a common origin.
    The Bible explains how this came about...
    except the bible is one of the branches rather than the original and "jehova" is a late comer god in the grand pantheon of human created gods.

the origin of the adam story is in ancient sumeria, except with one twist, the forbidden fruit is from the tree of life which grants immortality and adam is tricked into not eating from the tree and thus, he remains mortal.

the cain and abel story also has origins in sumerian mythos and parallels the rivalry between herder and farmer gods. we can keep going with the flood story, which also originated in sumeria.
  7. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:251 edit
    Making fun of someone to avoid a clear question is not a very good tactic if you want people to take you seriously. While I don't agree with Raj's position on many things, he asked if you believe masurbation is wrong. He didn't say he wishes to have a JW orgy with you. He just wanted your simple opinion on a controversial subject. Do you believe it will lead to homosexuality as your religion preaches?

Oh yeah almost forgot.... shame on you for your plagarism. You tried to dodge that one as well. Do you believe it is right to steal another man's work and pass it off as your own? Feel free to circumvent these questions any way you see fit.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:294 edits
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    Making fun of someone to avoid a clear question is not a very good tactic if you want people to take you seriously. While I don't agree with Raj's position on many things, he asked if you believe masurbation is wrong. He didn't say he wishes to have a JW orgy with you. He just wanted your simple opinion on a controversial subject. Do you believe it will lea rk and pass it off as your own? Feel free to circumvent these questions any way you see fit.
    what is it about, we dont want anything to do with Raj that yet evades you? Is it so
    hard to understand? what is it about, we dont want to debate masturbation that you
    are having trouble with? this is the spirituality forum, no one shoulkd be forced to
    discuss anything against their will, do you understand that ? we have NO comments to
    make, do you understand? No one cares about your bitchin, its pointless, fruitless,
    leads to nothing, contains nothing of any worth, feel free to understand that, its not the
    bitchin forum, its spirituality forum.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:331 edit
    Originally posted by VoidSpirit
    except the bible is one of the branches rather than the original and "jehova" is a late comer god in the grand pantheon of human created gods.

the origin of the adam story is in ancient sumeria, except with one twist, the forbidden fruit is from the tree of life which grants immortality and adam is tricked into not eating from the tree and thus, ...[text shortened]... er and farmer gods. we can keep going with the flood story, which also originated in sumeria.
    when did Jehovah enter the pantheon of human created gods?
  10. Standard memberusmc7257
    semper fi
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:46
    what is it about, we dont want anything to do with Raj that yet evades you? Is it so
    hard to understand? what is it about, we dont want to debate masturbation that you
    are having trouble with? this is the spirituality forum, no one shoulkd be forced to
    discuss anything against their will, do you understand that ? we have NO comments to
    mak ...[text shortened]... of any worth, feel free to understand that, its not the
    bitchin forum, its spirituality forum.
    I understand your not wanting to consort with Raj. I guess I struck a nerve... anyways, loads of people in the spirituality forum are curious about the questions raised and Galveston's lack of integrity evident from his plagarism. I respect the fact you wish not to comment on a subject that makes you uncomfortable, but why the rant? I asked HIM to answer a question and you call it bitchin? I understand he is fragile and you are coming to his aid, but he brings it on himself (not for being a JW, but for things like his OP originality)

Continue with your unwarranted aggression....
  11. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:52
    The Encyclopedia of Religion says that almost all known religions have certain beliefs that, while differing in detail, are surprisingly similar. For example, they believe that...
    Sumerian culture was the one that came up with the original story that everyone copied.
  12. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:551 edit
    when did Jehovah enter the pantheon of human created gods?
    15th century BCE

4.^ Theological dictionary of the Old Testament, 5 :G. Johannes Botterweck,Helmer Ringgren "Of the Egyptian evidence, a list of toponyms from the temple of Amon at Soleb (Amenhotep III, 1402-1363) is the earliest; here we find an entry t3 slsw yhw[3], "the land of Shasu-y/iw". Similar references occur in a block from Soleb"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh_(Canaanite_deity)#cite_note-3
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 03:59
    Originally posted by usmc7257
    I understand your not wanting to consort with Raj. I guess I struck a nerve... anyways, loads of people in the spirituality forum are curious about the questions raised and Galveston's lack of integrity evident from his plagarism. I respect the fact you wish not to comment on a subject that makes you uncomfortable, but why the rant? I asked HIM to answer a ...[text shortened]... a JW, but for things like his OP originality)

Continue with your unwarranted aggression....
    no your post seemed pointless bitching, why?

you bitched because he didn't site his sources, so what, its the content that's important,
    secondly you bitched because he didn't answer a question that he did not want to
    answer, again , its not an inquisition, is it, what will you do next, tie him to a rack and
    examine him under torture? These things contribute what to our understanding? of
    anything? of something?

I feel no aggression towards you, sometimes one must aim above the mark to hit the
    target.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:001 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    15th century BCE

4.^ Theological dictionary of the Old Testament, 5 :G. Johannes Botterweck,Helmer Ringgren "Of the Egyptian evidence, a list of toponyms from the temple of Amon at Soleb (Amenhotep III, 1402-1363) is the earliest; here we find an entry t3 slsw yhw[3], "the land of Shasu-y/iw". Similar references occur in a block from Soleb"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh_(Canaanite_deity)#cite_note-3
    the Bible covers a period much older than 15th century BCE, you might want to try again.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 04:083 edits
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Sumerian culture was the one that came up with the original story that everyone copied.
    this is nothing like it,

The Sumerian Creation

Only one account of the Sumerian creation has survived, but it is a suggestive one.
    This account functions as an introduction to the story of "The Huluppu-Tree" (Wolkstein 4).

In the first days when everything needed was brought into being,
    In the first days when everything needed was properly nourished,
    When bread was baked in the shrines of the land,
    And bread was tasted in the homes of the land,
    When heaven had moved away from the earth,
    And earth had separated from heaven,
    And the name of man was fixed;
    When the Sky God, An, had carried off the heavens,
    And the Air God, Enlil, had carried off the earth . . . (Wolkstein 4)

"An" the male sky god and "Ki" the female earth were separated by Enlil, their son
    and later the chief god of the pantheon. Enlil thus carries off his mother the earth,
    taking his father's place in a manner somewhat similar to the way Kronos, in a much
    later story, usurped his father's (Ouranos'😉 power. But where did heaven (An) and
    earth (Ki) come from, you may ask? According to another text, it was Nammu, the
    sea, "the mother, who gave birth to heaven and earth" (Kramer, Sumerian
    Mythology 39). In a dry climate, water is the ultimate source of life--Diane
    Wolkstein points out that the word for "water also means 'semen' in Sumerian" (139)
    This text continues with a few more tantalizing, but puzzling details about Sumerian
    beginnings. Ereshkigal, the queen of the underworld, is said to have been "carried
    off into the nether world." Afterwards, the water-god Enki "set sail for the nether
    world," whereupon his boat was attacked by stones and swamped (Kramer,
    Sumerians 200). It is possible that Ereshkigal was originally a sky-goddess who was
    carried off to the underworld somewhat in the manner of Persephone. Whether Enki
    was attempting to rescue Ereshkigal is unclear, but it may be that his trip to the
    underworld ended as soon as it began. Enki's trip prefigures Inanna's later, more
    successful, journey to the underworld.

A different text recounts the strange way in which the moon was created. When this
    story begins, the gods have apparently already established cities, for Enlil, the
    goddess Ninlil ("lady wind" or "lady air) and her mother Ninshebargunu are dwelling
    in their temples in the city of Nippur. Ninlil's mother warns her that if she bathes in
    the canal called Nunbirdu, Enlil will see her and want to make love to her. Naturally,
    Ninlil goes down to the canal the next day to take a dip. Enlil sees her and asks for
    a kiss. Ninlil refuses, saying she is too young to make love, so Enlil devises a plan.
    He obtains a boat, floats over to where Ninlil is bathing, and rapes her, impregnating
    her with the future moon god Nanna (or Sin). The other gods, dismayed by Enlil's
    outrageous conduct, demand that the "sex offender . . . leave the town!" (Jacobsen,
    Harps 174). Enlil walks out of town in the direction of the underworld, and the
    pregnant Ninlil follows him. Since Enlil does not want his son the moon to reside in
    the underworld, he concocts a rather bizarre plan. Enlil impersonates a gatekeeper,
    a man in charge of the underworld river, and the ferryman to the underworld, and as
    each of these personages, he has sex with Ninlil, impregnating her with three
    deities who will reside in the underworld as substitutes for Nanna the moon, who will
    thus be free to rise to heavens where he belongs. Apparently, Ninlil consents to go
    to bed with what she thinks are three minor underworld officials because she, too,
    sees this as a way for Enlil's child Nanna to "go heavenward."

hardly a striking resemblance, is it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree