1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 01:25
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    [b]So it's ok for the Pope and his fellow theologians to interpret the Bible as well as any priest, pastor whether Baptist, Deacon, Morman, Episcable, even yourself to interpret the Bible but we can't?
    Who made you the judge on this?

I personally believe that anyone can study the Bible. That study will require in depth study of other disciplines: ...[text shortened]... d the wealth of secondary scholarship on it. Only then can an informed interpretation be made.[/b]
    Yes anyone can study. But that will only take you so far just as learning any subject. Thats why we go to schools and other centers to learn.
    What I'm really speaking of is people that really don't do that and just do their own thing. Perhaps that is a little misunderstanding of what I'm speaking of.
    But when one asnwers here that they think, or possibly it's this way or maybe this is what that scripture means, then that is the problem especially if one is teaching or preaching to others that this is their thought of the Bibles messages.
    You can't teach others your opinions on spiritual matters. You have to teach the exact truths in God's Bible just as God had it written.
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 02:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Yes anyone can study. But that will only take you so far just as learning any subject. Thats why we go to schools and other centers to learn.
    What I'm really speaking of is people that really don't do that and just do their own thing. Perhaps that is a little misunderstanding of what I'm speaking of.
    But when one asnwers here that they think, or poss ...[text shortened]... ual matters. You have to teach the exact truths in God's Bible just as God had it written.
    Well then it's the Blue Hairs down in Brooklyn NY at the Watchtower HQ that have the correct interpretation right?

God teaches man and He does not need the Watchtower to help Him in anyway.

Manny
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 03:29
    But when one asnwers here that they think, or poss ...[text shortened]... ual matters. You have to teach the exact truths in God's Bible just as God had it written.
    If your point is that people should not use the Scriptures unscrupulously to promote their own private beliefs, rather than actually try to understand its meaning on its own terms, everyone would agree that it is sensible.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Sep '12 05:192 edits
    But when one asnwers here that they think, or poss ual matters. You have to teach the exact truths in God's Bible just as God had it written.
    This is why we should pay attention to the church fathers that passed down knowledge taught by Christ to his disciples and they passed it on to their disciples and so on and some of it was written down early and some of it was not written down until later. This is where the councils and the Christian creeds come in to clear up misunderstanding and apostasies and heresies, such as Arianism.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 03:162 edits
    I just don't know if things are as clear cut as people make them out to be. Why I don't believe in certain things like in Catholicism where they believe the bread and wine become Christ literally there is nothing scriptural to support that idea. However I do believe in the principle of the sacraments because Christ said to do these things in remembrance of Him and the New Covenant. I think as humans we always forget the original meaning behind things and it becomes ritual. God said a repentant Heart over any offerings is what he wants. Not ritual. God is a living God not a stone or piece of Wood LOL The book of Colossians says it so eloquently

16 Therefore no one is to act as your judge in regard to food or drink or in respect to a festival or a new moon or a Sabbath day— 17 things which are a mere shadow of what is to come; but the substance belongs to Christ. 18 Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind, 19 and not holding fast to the head, from whom the entire body, being supplied and held together by the joints and ligaments, grows with a growth which is from God.

20 If you have died with Christ to the elementary principles of the world, why, as if you were living in the world, do you submit yourself to decrees, such as, 21 “Do not handle, do not taste, do not touch!” 22 which all refer to things destined to perish with use in accordance with the commandments and teachings of men? 23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence.

Col 2:16-23
    www.biblegateway.com NASB version

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 03:251 edit
    Also a reason why I'd never be afraid to take a Blood Transfusion is this.....Jesus said "It is not what goes into a man's stomach that defiles Him but what comes out of a man's heart the defiles Him.....
    (Plus a Blood Transfusion is not the same as eating blood)

Manny
  7. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 03:35
    The Heart of Man
    Mark 7:14-23

14 After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, “Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15 there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”]

17 When he had left the crowd and entered the house, His disciples questioned Him about the parable. 18 And He *said to them, “Are you so lacking in understanding also? Do you not understand that whatever goes into the man from outside cannot defile him, 19 because it does not go into his heart, but into his stomach, and is eliminated?” (Thus He declared all foods clean.) 20 And He was saying, “That which proceeds out of the man, that is what defiles the man. 21 For from within, out of the heart of men, proceed the evil thoughts, fornications, thefts, murders, adulteries, 22 deeds of coveting and wickedness, as well as deceit, sensuality, envy, slander, pride and foolishness. 23 All these evil things proceed from within and defile the man.”

So G-man this is what I mean by J-Dubs put burdens on men that Christ did not. This should be good news to you. Freedom in Christ.

Manny
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 07:29
    Originally posted by menace71
    I just don't know if things are as clear cut as people make them out to be. Why I don't believe in certain things like in Catholicism where they believe the bread and wine become Christ literally there is nothing scriptural to support that idea. However I do believe in the principle of the sacraments because Christ said to do these things in remembrance of ...[text shortened]... value against fleshly indulgence.

Manny
    That is not one of the catholic (universal) creeds. It is not required by the whole universal Christian church to believe that the wine and bread actually turn in to real blood and flesh. We are to do this and think of Christ and what this ceremony means for all who believe in Christ's sacrifice and his coming.

I am not sure, but I think it is only the Roman Catholic Church that teach what you say and I doubt if any of them actually believe it. The other Christian Churches have no requirement to believe that, so it is not a universal belief that must be held to be able to be saved.
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 16:39
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is not one of the catholic (universal) creeds. It is not required by the whole universal Christian church to believe that the wine and bread actually turn in to real blood and flesh. We are to do this and think of Christ and what this ceremony means for all who believe in Christ's sacrifice and his coming.

I am not sure, but I think it is only the ...[text shortened]... ment to believe that, so it is not a universal belief that must be held to be able to be saved.
    I believe the Eastern Orthodox churches also believe in transubstantiation. The Episcopalian church agrees with the Anglican church in that it is not required. Some Episcopalians still do believe in it, though. Most Protestant churches (that I know of) also do not require this.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 17:29
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I believe the Eastern Orthodox churches also believe in transubstantiation. The Episcopalian church agrees with the Anglican church in that it is not required. Some Episcopalians still do believe in it, though. Most Protestant churches (that I know of) also do not require this.
    Do you know if any of them state it in a creed that a person must believe it to be able to be saved?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:221 edit
    This is why we should pay attention to the church fathers that passed down knowledge taught by Christ to his disciples and they passed it on to their disciples and so on and some of it was written down early and some of it was not written down until later. This is where the councils and the Christian creeds come in to clear up misunderstanding and apostasies and heresies, such as Arianism.
    So you actually believe that every single person or as you call then the "church fathers" in line from Jesus to you have all been used by God, have made no mistakes, have never allowed any false or pagan beliefs into the church, have not committed any of these sinful acts such as sexual abuse of children, not support the wars of this world, do support the govements of the world, etc, etc. and you think it is all ok and we hould listen to them? Are you really serious?

Sounds like you are the first in line to have those ears tickled huh?

You are obviously missing who "Babylon the Great" is on all levels. But you probably think this applies to us little 8 million JW's don't you?

PS. By the way YOUR bible says to call no one your "Father" in a spiritual sence but YOUR God in heaven. Did you miss that one too?
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:26
    Do you know if any of them state it in a creed that a person must believe it to be able to be saved?
    So when are you switching to the Catholic church to be saved?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:32
    I just don't know if things are as clear cut as people make them out to be. Why I don't believe in certain things like in Catholicism where they believe the bread and wine become Christ literally there is nothing scriptural to support that idea. However I do believe in the principle of the sacraments because Christ said to do these things in remembrance of ...[text shortened]... value against fleshly indulgence.

Manny
    The truths in the Bible should be as crystal as a bell once God has completely let all the light shine when it comes to the truth in the Bible.
    He says it would be a gradual thing but in time it would all be available to those who are really searching for it.
    So you are right in the sence that it should be that way.
    But also remember Manny that satan is ruling the world at this time as the Bible says. And his greatest weapon has always been to confuse us. That was his very first trick with Eve and he has never given that up. And the easiest way to use it against us is with religion.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    06 Sep '12 21:49
    The Heart of Man
    Mark 7:14-23

14 After He called the crowd to Him again, He began saying to them, “Listen to Me, all of you, and understand: 15 there is nothing outside the man which can defile him if it goes into him; but the things which proceed out of the man are what defile the man. 16 If anyone has ears to hear, let him hear.”]

17 When he had le ...[text shortened]... urdens on men that Christ did not. This should be good news to you. Freedom in Christ.

Manny
    Thanks for you comment. But if we really get technical this is speaking of eating something bad, not infusing blood into our bodies.
    And to be very honest with you, this is no burden at all on us. We know clearly what God's view is on blood. So because of that we will not accept anyones blood into our bodies and as a result we don't have the burden of knowing we've done something that God has never approved of. If he did approve of it, he would let us know and tell us that his laws on blood has been updated.
    Also the burden of the fear of conracting someone elses health issues will never happen.
    And if we do die, we have full faith in God's promise to resurrect us.
    Do you not have that faith in those words from God?
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 01:02
    No, of course not.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree