1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 02:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I believe the Eastern Orthodox churches also believe in transubstantiation. The Episcopalian church agrees with the Anglican church in that it is not required. Some Episcopalians still do believe in it, though. Most Protestant churches (that I know of) also do not require this.
    "The earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ that was believed to occur in the Eucharist was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours (died 1133), in the eleventh century and by the end of the twelfth century the term was in widespread use.[5] The Fourth Council of the Lateran, which convened beginning November 11, 1215,[6] spoke of the bread and wine as "transubstantiated" into the body and blood of Christ: "His body and blood are truly contained in the sacrament of the altar under the forms of bread and wine, the bread and wine having been transubstantiated, by God's power, into his body and blood".[7]

During the Protestant Reformation, the doctrine of transubstantiation was heavily criticised as an Aristotelian "pseudo-philosophy"[8] imported into Christian teaching and jettisoned in favor of Martin Luther's doctrine of sacramental union, or in favor, per Huldrych Zwingli, of the Eucharist as memorial.[9]

So you believe in this?
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 04:42
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Thanks for you comment. But if we really get technical this is speaking of eating something bad, not infusing blood into our bodies.
    And to be very honest with you, this is no burden at all on us. We know clearly what God's view is on blood. So because of that we will not accept anyones blood into our bodies and as a result we don't have the burden o ...[text shortened]... aith in God's promise to resurrect us.
    Do you not have that faith in those words from God?
    It is not what goes into a man that defiles Him G-man not at all. It is what is in your heart in the first place that defiles us.

Manny
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    07 Sep '12 13:35
    Originally posted by galveston75
    "The earliest known use of the term "transubstantiation" to describe the change from bread and wine to body and blood of Christ that was believed to occur in the Eucharist was by Hildebert de Lavardin, Archbishop of Tours (died 1133), in the eleventh century and by the end of the twelfth century the term was in widespread use.[5] The Fourth Council of th ...[text shortened]... or, per Huldrych Zwingli, of the Eucharist as memorial.[9]

So you believe in this?
    Jesus said, "Destroy this temple and I will raise it up after three days."

The Pharisee took Him literally. It is not clear what the disciples thought at the time, but they later realized it was the temple of His body Jesus was talking about.

Some later Pharisee like leaders in the Roman Catholic Church took the statements of Jesus literally concering the Lord's Last Supper and thus, had to come up with an explanation for the congregation in their Church and this false understanding has survived to this day.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree