1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 21:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Ron, any examples of "false information on fossils" available?
    1. Coelacanth disappeared from the fossil record with the last of the dinosaurs. That was supposedly 65 million years ago. In the early 1900s, evolutionists touted it as the first walking fish, the transition between fish and tetrapods. That is, until 1938 when one was found alive and unable to walk.

2. "Piltdown Man Hoax Is Exposed," announced the New York Times on November 21, 1953. "Part of the skull of the Piltdown man, one of the most famous fossil skulls in the world, has been declared a hoax by authorities at the British Natural History Museum," the article said.

The Piltdown fossils, including a portion of the skull, a jawbone, and a few teeth, were found in 1911 and 1912. This "Piltdown Man" was believed by many to be "the earliest Englishman," and in fact, the missing link between apes and humans. But in 1953, the jawbone was found to be that of a modern ape -- orangutan, most likely -- that had been treated with chemicals to make it look as though it had been lying in the ground for hundreds of centuries. The cap of the skull was still thought to be a genuine fossil, but far more recent than originally believed.

"This declaration . . . has been made after twenty years of rumors and uneasy speculation among European paleontologists about the authenticity of the bones," the New York Times stated. The London Star headlines shouted, "The Biggest Scientific Hoax of the Century!"

3. Nebraska Man turned out to be a pig, not an ape man!

4. Neanderthal Man was simply a man with rickets and arthritis, not the much desired "ape man."
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 21:57
    Originally posted by JS357
    No but you can choose whether to place yourself in learning situations.
    To use GB's original wording, you cannot choose to believe a lie.
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:02
    Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever [human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar.
    Several things in your post are not true. Does this make you a liar? Will you admit to being a liar?
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:121 edit
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    You can't choose to believe something.

Two Questions: 1) Do you believe the "Personal Examples" I gave?
    2) Can a human being choose what not to believe?
    1) yes, I believed you. Then I checked your profile. It says you joined on the 14th. Liar, liar, pants on fire. The rest I still believe. Except for the last bit, I know that one cause I've seen it happen.

2) no, you can't.
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:211 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit

Opposition to Truth

Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever [human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar. Example: 'You can marry anyone and experience a lifetime of maximum marital bliss'. Know anyone who's been divorced? Thoughts?Reveal Hidden Content
    Ladies & Gentlemen, no C&P. lol

> SG, please help me find the location of the words, "you cannot choose to believe a lie." in the "original wording."
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:24
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Several things in your post are not true. Does this make you a liar? Will you admit to being a liar?

Please identify or itemize the "Several things in your post are not true" to enable me to answer your other two questions.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:311 edit
    1) yes, I believed you. Then I checked your profile. It says you joined on the 14th. Liar, liar, pants on fire. The rest I still believe. Except for the last bit, I know that one cause I've seen it happen.

2) no, you can't.
    GK, please look beneath the "B Strong" Avatar,
    "Boston Marathon" Location
    and Date of the event "Monday April 21":

Moves : 32815

"2) no, you can't." -GKR

Why?
  8. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:34

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:35
    GK, please look beneath the "B Strong" Avatar,
    "Boston Marathon" Location
    and Date of the event "Monday April 21":

Moves : 32815

"2) no, you can't." -GKR

Why?
    It says 14 Jul, '07

Can you make yourself believe that not Jesus will save you, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster will?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 22:43
    Please identify or itemize the "Several things in your post are not true" to enable me to answer your other two questions.
    Why must I itemize them? They are untrue. You do not need to know that they are untrue for them to be untrue. They are therefore lies according to your OP, and you are therefore a liar. There are no grey areas.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 23:18

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 23:31
    It says 14 Jul, '07

Can you make yourself believe that not Jesus will save you, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster will?
    I willingly chose to believe in Jesus Christ and that His Substitutionary Spiritual Death satisfied God the Father's Justice on my behalf and am confident in the Promises of the Word of God that my eternity will be in Heaven with Him. I willingly chose to reject the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" as a viable alternative. Both decisions were solely mine without coercion.
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 23:401 edit
    Why must I itemize them? They are untrue. You do not need to know that they are untrue for them to be untrue. They are therefore lies according to your OP, and you are therefore a liar. There are no grey areas.

twhitehead, you don't have to do a single thing now or ever; you're a free agent making your own life and death choices. Your words: "They are untrue. You do not need to know that they are untrue for them to be untrue. They are therefore lies according to your OP, and you are therefore a liar." are tantamount to an accusation of lying which violates Red Hot Pawn FAQ The Guidelines provisions for the protection of all members' reputations? Do you understand the nexus?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    20 Apr '14 23:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    1. Coelacanth disappeared from the fossil record with the last of the dinosaurs. That was supposedly 65 million years ago. In the early 1900s, evolutionists touted it as the first walking fish, the transition between fish and tetrapods. That is, until 1938 when one was found alive and unable to walk.

2. "Piltdown Man Hoax Is Exposed," announced the New ...[text shortened]...
    4. Neanderthal Man was simply a man with rickets and arthritis, not the much desired "ape man."
    Thank you. Do you have an opinion or position on what took place between Genesis Chapter One verses 1 and 2?
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 00:10
    I willingly chose to believe in Jesus Christ and that His Substitutionary Spiritual Death satisfied God the Father's Justice on my behalf and am confident in the Promises of the Word of God that my eternity will be in Heaven with Him. I willingly chose to reject the "Flying Spaghetti Monster" as a viable alternative. Both decisions were solely mine without coercion.
    No, you didn't. You were brought up with the christian beliefs being fed to you daily (correct me if I'm way of the mark here).

Had you been born in Saudi Arabia you would've probably been brought up as a Muslim and would have believed the teachings of the Islam.

Had you been born in The Netherlands there's a good chance you would've turned out to be an atheist.

I'll ask again (because you haven't answered):

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree