1. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 00:363 edits
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    No, you didn't. You were brought up with the christian beliefs being fed to you daily (correct me if I'm way of the mark here).

Had you been born in Saudi Arabia you would've probably been brought up as a Muslim and would have believed the teachings of the Islam.

Had you been born in The Netherlands there's a good chance you would've turned out ...[text shortened]... n you make yourself believe that not Jesus will save you, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster will?
    No, you didn't. You were brought up with the christian beliefs being fed to you daily (correct me if I'm way of the mark here). [Several family members with identical exposure do not share my Christian beliefs.]

Had you been born in Saudi Arabia you would've probably been brought up as a Muslim and would have believed the teachings of the Islam. [Hypothetical. I have no frame of reference.]

Had you been born in The Netherlands there's a good chance you would've turned out to be an atheist. [Hypothetical. Ditto.]

I'll ask again (because you haven't answered): [The accurate and honest answer I gave didn't fit your template.]

Can you make yourself believe that not Jesus will save you, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster will? [Reverse my belief in Christ in exchange for belief in the Flying Spaghetti Monster? If so, please provide information to replace my ignorance and to provide a basis from which to make a life altering decision with eternal consequences.]
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 01:02
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Thank you. Do you have an opinion or position on what took place between Genesis Chapter One verses 1 and 2?
    Nothing other than someone divided it into verses.

Verse one makes the general statement that the heavens and the earth were created by God.

The following verses just explains God did not complete the formation of the heavens and the earth in one day, but left the earth covered with water while He created light out of the darkness to complete one day of time.

Notice that God does not say it is good until the third day, after He has separated the waters in heaven and gathered the remaining water over the earth so dry land appeared. This is recorded in verse ten.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

Then God said, “Let there be light”; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

(Genesis 1:1-5 NKJV)
  3. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 01:181 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Nothing other than someone divided it into verses.

Verse one makes the general statement that the heavens and the earth were created by God.

The following verses just explains God did not complete the formation of the heavens and the earth in one day, but left the earth covered with water while He created light out of the darkness to complete one day o ...[text shortened]... He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day.

(Genesis 1:1-5 NKJV)[/b]

God represents Perfection: His Person is perfect; His Plan is perfect. When God creates something is His Work perfect?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 02:172 edits
    No, you didn't. You were brought up with the christian beliefs being fed to you daily (correct me if I'm way of the mark here).

Had you been born in Saudi Arabia you would've probably been brought up as a Muslim and would have believed the teachings of the Islam.

Had you been born in The Netherlands there's a good chance you would've turned out ...[text shortened]... n you make yourself believe that not Jesus will save you, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster will?

Had you been born in The Netherlands there's a good chance you would've turned out to be an atheist.

Are you counting on a Genetic Fallacy argument?

"Because you came to your belief from this source in this way, it is untrue."

"Since you obtained your belief from this particular place it is untrue."
  5. Joined
    31 Jan '06
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 02:321 edit
    Perhaps, the truth is that millions of people on this earth do not care about finding God or gaining eternal life. Furthermore, is it also truth that millions do not care to share with others about their beliefs in God?

However, it is detrimental to mankind that people lead others into eternal death just because the 1st person wants someone else not to believe in God. If all you want to do, is lead someone else to die eternally, leave us alone. Your thoughts do not help others. Even if you are an atheist, leave us alone. In part, you are a hurt to your fellow man. Furthermore, Christ has done nothing to cause people to hate Him. So, why do they?

But if you seek God, I certainly hope that you find Him and gain eternal life.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 02:451 edit

God represents Perfection: His Person is perfect; His Plan is perfect. When God creates something is His Work perfect?
    Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

(James 1:17 NKJV)

Good and perfect does not always mean the same thing as can be seen from the above verse. God created the heavens and the earth for a purpose and He pronounced each portion of His creation good for that purpose as He went along. God is going to create new heavens and a new earth in the future. At that time, He may pronounce it both good and perfect.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:18
    Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar.
    You posted this on another thread:

"Nowhere has [Jesus] ever been referred to in the past tense. He 'is' the Living God!"

To claim Jesus has never been referred to in the past tense is clearly not true. It is "false information". Does it make you a "liar" Grampy Bobby ~ according to the terms set out in your own OP?
  8. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:18
    Note: Believers in Christ I'll be with in heaven for eternity but have only this brief online window to be with those who have rejected God's Grace Gift of Salvation by simple faith alone in Christ alone. All site members are welcome to my threads.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:19
    [b]Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning.

(James 1:17 NKJV)

Good and perfect does not always mean the same thing as can be seen from the above verse. God created the heavens and the earth for a purpose and He pronounced each portion of Hi ...[text shortened]... heavens and a new earth in the future. At that time, He may pronounce it both good and perfect.[/b]
    Thanks for your comment.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:23
    Note: Believers in Christ I'll be with in heaven for eternity but have only this brief online window to be with those who have rejected God's Grace Gift of Salvation by simple faith alone in Christ alone. All site members are welcome to my threads.
    Isn't you posting "Nowhere has [Jesus] ever been referred to in the past tense" an example of "false information"? See the "Opposition to Truth" thread.
  11. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:291 edit
    "Historical proof" buckky 18 Apr '14 (Page 2)

An email forward received today from a friend in California:

"Jesus: Read at least the first two lines.... Never thought of it!

Jesus died over 2000 years ago.
    Nobody has ever referred to Him as the late Jesus,
    Not even the heathens.
    Nowhere in history.
    Nowhere has He ever been referred to in the past tense.
    He 'is' the Living God!"

It is not 2000 years yet. We have about 17 years to go.

17/2031 = .0083702 or .8370 % Would you say that less than 1% in an email forward is significant?
    In my opinion, focusing on ancillary details draws attention away from the thrust of message.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:31
    Originally posted by FMF
    Isn't you posting "Nowhere has [Jesus] ever been referred to in the past tense" an example of "false information"? See the "Opposition to Truth" thread.
    This is "the "Opposition to Truth" thread".
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 04:36
    This is "the "Opposition to Truth" thread".
    Fair enough.

Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar.

And yet you posted this on the "Historical proof" thread:

"Nowhere has [Jesus] ever been referred to in the past tense. He 'is' the Living God!"

To claim Jesus has never been referred to in the past tense is clearly not true. It is "false information". Does it make you a "liar" Grampy Bobby ~ according to the terms set out in your own OP?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 05:03
    Originally posted by FMF
    Fair enough.

[b]Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar.

And yet you posted this on the "Historical proof" thread:

[b ...[text shortened]... mation". Does it make you a "liar" Grampy Bobby ~ according to the terms set out in your own OP?[/b]
    I'd never heard anybody in the United States of America, even on secular television, ever refer "to Him as the late Jesus..." and thought the forward presented food for thought. Anyone here is free to choose to disagree.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 05:23
    [quote]"Historical proof" buckky 18 Apr '14 (Page 2)

An email forward received today from a friend in California:

"Jesus: Read at least the first two lines.... Never thought of it!

Jesus died over 2000 years ago.
    Nobody has ever referred to Him as the late Jesus,
    Not even th ...[text shortened]... y opinion, focusing on ancillary details draws attention away from the thrust of message.
    Then "about" would be a better word than "over" to use in this case.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree