1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:321 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The statement "Nowhere has [Jesus] ever been referred to in the past tense." is clearly "false information".
    I would suspect that someone at sometime has referred to Jesus in the past tense. However, Christians believe Jesus is alive in heaven. So perhaps that is what GB's statement is about. However, if you could give more than just your opinion to prove your point, then GB may be convinced.

Maybe a Youtube video would do the trick.
  2. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:37
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I would suspect that someone at sometime has referred to Jesus in the past tense. However, Christians believe Jesus is alive in heaven. So perhaps that is what GB's statement is about. However, if you could give more than just your opinion to prove your point, then GB may be convinced.

Haha...you could tell Grampy Bobby that only Grampy Bobby posts as Grampy Bobby, and he'll still maintain a charade of being unconvinced if runs counter to something else that he said.
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:38
    If you have a YouTube video that you think proves that Jesus has never been referred to in the past tense, then go for it.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 15:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you have a YouTube video that you think proves that Jesus has never been referred to in the past tense, then go for it.
    I have heard it said that one can not prove a negative or at least it is very difficult to do so. It should be much easier to prove your point that Jesus was referred to in the past tense. I am not the one making the claim. I am just trying to help you with your argument with GB.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 16:00
    I have heard it said that one can not prove a negative or at least it is very difficult to do so. It should be much easier to prove your point that Jesus was referred to in the past tense. I am not the one making the claim. I am just trying to help you with your argument with GB.
    Thanks for claiming to be "just trying to help". 🙂
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 16:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Thanks for claiming to be "just trying to help". 🙂
    I think I found one for you:

The date Jesus/Yehushua Was Really Born.

YouTube
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 16:17
    I think I found one for you:...
    You yourself have referred to Jesus in the past time literally hundreds and hundreds of times in the past few weeks on this forum.

The New Testament refers to Jesus in the past tense too many times to count.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 17:29
    Originally posted by FMF
    You yourself have referred to Jesus in the past time literally hundreds and hundreds of times in the past few weeks on this forum.

The New Testament refers to Jesus in the past tense too many times to count.
    Okay, just show GB one and see if that convinces him.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 18:59
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Haha...you could tell Grampy Bobby that only [b]Grampy Bobby posts as Grampy Bobby, and he'll still maintain a charade of being unconvinced if runs counter to something else that he said.[/b]
    At least your observation attests to the fact that he doesn't suffer from multiple identity syndrome: he is who he is.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 19:171 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    Opposition to Truth

Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever [human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar. Example: 'You can marry anyone and experience a lifetime of maximum marital bliss'. Know anyone who's been divorced? Thoughts?Reveal Hidden Content
    Ladies & Gentlemen, no C&P. lol

Note: Believers in Christ I'll be with in heaven for eternity but have only this brief online window to be with those who have rejected God's Grace Gift of Salvation by simple faith alone in Christ alone. All site members are welcome to my threads.

Originally posted by SwissGambit
    > A person confident that their pursuit of truth is on the right track does not need to thump on a podium about the Dangers of Opposing Truth. Only an agenda-peddler does that.

> Also, a person who is actually learning new truths tends to realize how much they still do not know, and be humbled by that.

> And isn't it possible that sincere disagreements indicate a mutual desire to find the truth, rather than a person at war with the truth?

Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    > We agree on each of the three. Here's a fourth: While a lie is a lie, some are premeditated; others the result of ignorance.

Note: FMF, twhitehead and wolfgang59 will return after brief timeouts in their respective Naughty Chairs in the Corner.

"And isn't it possible that sincere disagreements indicate a mutual desire to find the truth, rather than a person at war with the truth?" -SG

> Reminiscent of words I've quoted: "We arrive at the truth through the honest disagreement among friends." -John Locke

> Truth focused disagreement, however casual or vehement, is unrelated to the original post's focus 2 on lies and 3 on liars.

Originally posted by RJHinds (Reply to FMF)I believe most of us understand that unknowingly making an inaccurate statement is not what most of us classify as lying. Do you understand that?

Comment: All of us unintentionally make inaccurate statements from time to time. Inaccurate statements are by definition false. Falsehoods constitute lies. Therefore, in an academic/technical sense: "Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar." would apply. Those who deviously manufacture, fabricate and promulgate sinister half truths and outright lies from the negativity toward truth and darkness of their angst ridden and distraught souls are in a category of their own.

PS: FMF; Agerg; Great King Rat; twhitehead; and wolfgang59 if you have thoughts on the topic that refrain from indulging in personal attack and are free from an agenda which seeks to garner peer approval rating points please post them. Thanks.
  11. Cape Town
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 19:38
    PS: FMF; Agerg; Great King Rat; twhitehead; and wolfgang59 if you have thoughts on the topic that refrain from indulging in personal attack and are free from an agenda which seeks to garner peer approval rating points please post them. Thanks.
    Just to be clear, I haven't made any personal attacks in this thread. You on the other hand falsely accused me of violating the RHP forum guidelines and I am yet to hear an apology from you. (and no, this is not an agenda that seeks to garner peer approval rating points.)
    What I did seek to do was to show you how ridiculous your OP is, but it seems you have no actual interest in the truth but would rather live a lie. (no thats not a personal attack either).
  12. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 19:49
    Originally posted by sonship
    Had you been born in Saudi Arabia you would've probably been brought up as a Muslim and would have believed the teachings of the Islam.

Had you been born in The Netherlands there's a good chance you would've turned out to be an atheist.

Are you counting on a Genetic Fallacy argument?

"Because you came to your belief from this ...[text shortened]... it is untrue."

"Since you obtained your belief from this particular place it is untrue."
    I said nothing about beliefs being true or false based on where one comes from, sonship. Not even close.

Would you like to try to summarise a second time what I said? It wasn't that difficult.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 20:091 edit
    [b]Opposition to Truth

Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever [human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar. Example: 'You can marry anyone and experience a lifetime of maximum mari ...[text shortened]... iss'. Know anyone who's been divorced? Thoughts?[hidden]Ladies & Gentlemen, no C&P. lol[/hidden][/b]
    And your point is...?

Do you have a point?

I'm already wishing I hadn't bothered .
  14. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:351 edit
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby (OP)
    [b]Opposition to Truth

Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas. Whoever [human or spirit being] manufactures false information to oppose truth for whatever the reason is a liar. Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar. Example: 'You can marry a ...[text shortened]... free from an agenda which seeks to garner peer approval rating points please post them. Thanks.[/b]
    Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas....

All of us unintentionally make inaccurate statements from time to time. Inaccurate statements are by definition false. Falsehoods constitute lies.

The very obvious thing you fail to appreciate is that in normal parlance, lying implies the presence of the intention to deceive. Therefore, in circumstances wherein one is said to have lied, or wherein one is called a liar, it normally carries impugnment of one's character or motivations, at least to the extent of within those circumstances. But such is not applicable in circumstances wherein one unintentionally makes an inaccurate statement. This is the obvious distinction that others in this thread have been trying to get you to recognize. Even RJHinds seems to understand this basic point....
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '14 22:401 edit
    Originally posted by LemonJello
    Whatever opposes truth, is a lie. There are no grey areas....

All of us unintentionally make inaccurate statements from time to time. Inaccurate statements are by definition false. Falsehoods constitute lies.

The very obvious thing you fail to appreciate is that in normal parlance, lying implies the presence of the intention to deceiv ...[text shortened]... have been trying to get you to recognize. Even RJHinds seems to understand this basic point....
    Fourth Post Above Yours, LemonJello:

Originally posted by RJHinds (Reply to FMF)I believe most of us understand that unknowingly making an inaccurate statement is not what most of us classify as lying. Do you understand that?

Comment: All of us unintentionally make inaccurate statements from time to time. Inaccurate statements are by definition false. Falsehoods constitute lies. Therefore, in an academic/technical sense: "Whoever chooses to believe and promulgate a lie is a liar." would apply. Those who deviously manufacture, fabricate and promulgate sinister half truths and outright lies from the negativity toward truth and darkness of their angst ridden and distraught souls are in a category of their own.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree