1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 12:59
    Originally posted by josephw
    As usual your comments are designed to criticize and condemn.
    Oh the irony.
  2. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 14:382 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    Oh the irony.
    For some, you may need to explicitly point out the irony in what jw has posted on this thread. And for some of those, even pointing it out in painstaking detail won't help. They see what they want to see. Just as they do with scripture. They have eyes but fail to see.

To get you started, here's what jw has posted thus far:
    It's about time you came clean Rajk. Your confession speaks volumes concerning your faith.

In the end Rajk, none of the glory will be yours.

3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:12
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    For some, you may need to explicitly point out the irony in what jw has posted on this thread. And for some of those, even pointing it out in painstaking detail won't help. They see what they want to see. Just as they do with scripture. They have eyes but fail to see.

To get you started, here's what jw has posted thus far:
    It's about time you c ...[text shortened]... he glory will be yours.

As long as you and Rajk believe, erroneously, that you can earn God's salvation you will continue to misconstrue my comments as judgmental.

The error is on you. Salvation is a gift. It cannot be earned. Doing good works earns rewards, not salvation.
  4. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:15
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Son-in-Law of Roigam, how are you pal? Are you the pastor in the confession box?

Im a filthy sinner, because I just cannot continue seeing others needy, hungry, sick and without clothes, and not lend a helping hand. I know it is wrong and it is trying to earn my salvation but, Im just not like that... I must have and evil spirit in me or something.

I ...[text shortened]... .... strong enough to be a good Christian and ignore the poor and needy. Tell me how you do it.
    How odd indeed that you should be so concerned for the needy. Seeing you spend so much time here it's a wonder you can find any for the poor.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:19
    As long as you and Rajk believe, erroneously, that you can earn God's salvation you will continue to misconstrue my comments as judgmental.

The error is on you. Salvation is a gift. It cannot be earned. Doing good works earns rewards, not salvation.
    So when you told rajk999, "In the end Rajk, none of the glory will be yours." it wasn't "designed to criticize and condemn"?

But when rajk999 says something similar, it is "designed to criticize and condemn"? And he should be criticized for it?

And the problem is that I "misconstrue [your] comments" and the "error is on [me]"?

Thanks for confirming what I said earlier to FMF:
  6. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:27
    So when you told rajk999, "In the end Rajk, none of the glory will be yours." it wasn't "designed to criticize and condemn"?

But when rajk999 says something similar, it is "designed to criticize and condemn"? And he should be criticized for it?

And the problem is that I "misconstrue [your] comments" and the "error is on [me]"?

Thanks for confirmi ...[text shortened]... what they want to see. Just as they do with scripture. They have eyes but fail to see. [/quote]
    When you reply to the main point of my post I'll consider giving attention to the rest of your blathering.
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:30

The words 'earn,' or 'earned' are not in the Bible, neither is it in my vocabulary when I am discussing the Bible. I dont ever use words which are not in the bible because it can give an incorrect impression.

So I never said 'earning' anything or that salvation has to be earned. All I have done is to repeat the teachings of Christ and the Apostles in most cases verbatim or by quoting references. ThinkofOne has done exactly the same thing.. nothing about earned.

YOU are the one that is twisting the Bible by taking what Jesus and the Apostles said about sin, about righteousness and good works and YOU are calling that earning your salvation.

If you do not accept what Jesus and the Apostles say then its YOU that have a problem.
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:35
    When you reply to the main point of my post I'll consider giving attention to the rest of your blathering.
    And josephw still can't "see" it.
  9. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:37
    The words 'earn,' or 'earned' are not in the Bible, neither is it in my vocabulary when I am discussing the Bible. I dont ever use words which are not in the bible because it can give an incorrect impression.

So I never said 'earning' anything or that salvation has to be earned. All I have done is to repeat the teachings of Christ and the Apostles in m ...[text shortened]... ion.

If you do not accept what Jesus and the Apostles say then its YOU that have a problem.
    Twist it any which way you want, but you do believe salvation is acquired by doing works.

" I dont ever use words which are not in the bible because it can give an incorrect impression."

Then why are you still talking?
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:40
    Twist it any which way you want, but you do believe salvation is acquired by doing works.

[b]" I dont ever use words which are not in the bible because it can give an incorrect impression."

Then why are you still talking?[/b]
    Salvation is acquired by following the commandments of Christ.

Christ sheep follow and they get eternal life
    The goats dont follow and they are cast away.
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 17:461 edit

[b]" I dont ever use words which are not in the bible because it can give an incorrect impression."

Then why are you still talking?[/b]
    Jesus explains what's going on here:
    Matthew 13
    36Then He left the crowds and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.” 37And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingdom; and the tares are the sons of the evil one; 39and the enemy who sowed them is the devil, and the harvest is the end of the age; and the reapers are angels. 40“So just as the tares are gathered up and burned with fire, so shall it be at the end of the age. 41“The Son of Man will send forth His angels, and they will gather out of His kingdom all stumbling blocks, and those who commit lawlessness, 42and will throw them into the furnace of fire; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. 43“Then THE RIGHTEOUS WILL SHINE FORTH AS THE SUN in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.

Clearly Jesus is saying that those who "commit lawlessness" are the "sons of the evil one".

Clearly Jesus is saying that those who are "righteous" are the "sons of the kingdom".

He who has ears, let him hear
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 18:21
    Jesus explains what's going on here:
    [quote]Matthew 13
    36Then He left the crowds and went into the house. And His disciples came to Him and said, “Explain to us the parable of the tares of the field.” 37And He said, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man, 38and the field is the world; and as for the good seed, these are the sons of the kingd ...[text shortened]... g that those who are "righteous" are the "sons of the kingdom".

He who has ears, let him hear
    They have ears. What is missing is the part between the two ears 😀
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 22:49
    They have ears. What is missing is the part between the two ears 😀
    Romans 10:4-11

For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
    For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
    But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above: )
    Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
    But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;
    That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.
    For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

It's not with what's between yours ears that salvation is obtained. It's with the heart. The innermost part of your being.

The sooner you learn the difference between salvation and sanctification the better it will be for you. You can do nothing to fix the sin problem that keeps you separated from God. Christ did that for you on the cross. All you can do is believe.

After you are born again, then you will use every minute left of your life learning to be conformed to the image of Christ. That is what sanctification is. When you die, then you will be glorified.

Simple salvation doctrine that every believer knows and understands.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 23:07
    Originally posted by apathist
    Pretty sure you are just being mean. Not sure, but I think, you are better than that in life.
    sarcasm
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Jun '17 23:09
    In the end Rajk, none of the glory will be yours.
    Glory?
    The god of my understanding wants a win-win situation for all.
    The god of your understanding is still playing football.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree