1. Joined
    29 Dec '07
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 14:23
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    The parrot choir under the direction of Richard Dawkins is performing again tonight, folks ... the most popular tunes will be brought to you and you'll heave a hell of a good time singing along.

You don't need to know anything, you don't need to understand anything and what's more important you do'nt have to study anything ... that's too hard for folks li ...[text shortened]... t choir tunes .... and here we go again, folks ..... grab your gal and hit the floor ....
    You don't need Dawkins to point out that the OT god was a nutter. I realised that in primary school when I read about Abraham going to sacrifice his son and Lots wife being turned into a pillar of salt (why salt anyway?) and the whole flood thing was a real bummer.

God - "I give you.... FREE WILL!.... oh hang on... you're not believing in me properly... I shall destroy you all in a massive flood!"
  2. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 15:27
    The parrot choir under the direction of Richard Dawkins is performing again tonight, folks ... the most popular tunes will be brought to you and you'll heave a hell of a good time singing along.

You don't need to know anything, you don't need to understand anything and what's more important you do'nt have to study anything ... that's too hard for folks li ...[text shortened]... t choir tunes .... and here we go again, folks ..... grab your gal and hit the floor ....
    How quaint... comin' from a Christian and all...
  3. chupacabra palace
    Moves
    20 Feb '08 19:44
    Originally posted by josephw
    More ignorants!

You have already made up your mind. Why should I defend the truth when you obviously are completely ignorant about the Bible which is so aptly demonstrated by your senseless comments?
    you state the bible as truth when it is most obviosly a fictional book.

so all hail the most ignorant one. denying the truth and stateing falseities because of the fear and denial that has plagued mans hearts for generations.
  4. Joined
    02 Apr '06
    Moves
    22 Feb '08 21:56

Well done Ivanhoe; that's gotta be the first real post for you for a while - VIS run out of news?
  5. Joined
    30 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 00:50
    Originally posted by josephw
    More ignorants!

You have already made up your mind. Why should I defend the truth when you obviously are completely ignorant about the Bible which is so aptly demonstrated by your senseless comments?
    Why should I play chess if people already think they can win? Only losers drop out of the race before it begins... you're just lazy and not logically secure in your beliefs. You are a slave of the church, we are free. You are the one who has made up your mind the most- to live your life based on a leap of faith. Why? Because the Bible teaches morals? No! Ridiculous! It teaches slavery and foolishness. If you are so morally weak you need help from the BIBLE, I pity you.
  6. England
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 11:53
    [i]you're just lazy secure in your beliefs. You are a slave of the church, You are the one who has made up your mind the most- to live your life based on a leap of faith. Why? Because the Bible teaches morals? No! Ridiculous! It teaches slavery and foolishness I pity you.[/b]
    on these points i am lazy, secure in my belief, and a slave of the church of the one true living god, i have made up my mind not sure if its the most tho the old and the new teach morals i try to live by. Slavery to god yes, foolishness no, and i do pity all who follow other paths.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 18:08
    Originally posted by stoker
    Slavery to god yes, foolishness no, and i do pity all who follow other paths.
    That's what makes your faith so attractive to me. The combination of arrogance and ignorance. The ability to dismiss all other paths without even knowing what most of them are about, even on a general level. The proud close-mindedness.
  8. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 20:21

You MUST be kidding. You're the very definition of a parrot. You parrot the Pope. Openly (VIS).
  9. Joined
    31 Dec '07
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 20:34
    i was an athiest (a hostile & confrontational one) until 40 yo, when God touched me. very humbling experience
  10. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 21:02
    Originally posted by alviejr
    i was an athiest (a hostile & confrontational one) until 40 yo, when God touched me. very humbling experience
    How did he touch your life and why did it convince you to become a theist?
  11. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 23:49
    Originally posted by UzumakiAi
    Why should I play chess if people already think they can win? Only losers drop out of the race before it begins... you're just lazy and not logically secure in your beliefs. You are a slave of the church, we are free. You are the one who has made up your mind the most- to live your life based on a leap of faith. Why? Because the Bible teaches morals? No! R ...[text shortened]... s slavery and foolishness. If you are so morally weak you need help from the BIBLE, I pity you.
    Who in human history do you think demonstrated the highest standard of morality?

If there is someting called "good behavior" who would you say in all human history is the best example of it?
  12. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 23:57
    Originally posted by jaywill
    Who in human history do you think demonstrated the highest standard of morality?

If there is someting called "good behavior" who would you say in all human history is the best example of it?
    Ghandi......
    Kofi Anan... (Spelling?)

Anybody who accepts those around them for who they are, respects whatever they believe and always tries to do right by them.......

These are values I try to live my life by and always have. It doesn't mean I won't argue a point though. The fact that I'm willing to argue with someone tends to mean I have some respect for them......
  13. Standard memberMexico
    Quis custodiet
    ipsos custodes?
    Moves
    23 Feb '08 23:59
    Originally posted by alviejr
    I think the reason many Atheists are hostile is because Theists either have no respect for their stance or simply believe that they are closet Theists..... Which can be very very frustrating at times......
  14. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 00:001 edit

UsamakAi,

This question was specifically addressed by me to you.
  15. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    24 Feb '08 04:30

James Randi

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree