1. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 05:15
    I've never messed around with one, but I've heard that people sometimes have supernatural experiences with them.

Does anybody have any stories to share?
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 05:361 edit
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    I've never messed around with one, but I've heard that people sometimes have supernatural experiences with them.

Check out this website: www.greatdreams.com/ouija.htm

They are the devil's doorway into your soul...you can become possessed.....there are documented cases....do I believe it?.....let's just say I ain't about to take a chance just to find out.....don't say you weren't warned.....😉
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 06:08
    Originally posted by chancremechanic

They are the devil's doorway into your soul...you can become possessed.....there are documented cases....do I believe it?.....let's just say I ain't about to take a chance just to find out.....don't say you weren't warned.....😉
    Thanks for the link. It pretty much makes my whole thread.

I've also been told that they're magnets for evil. The boy that the "Exorcist" movie was about reportedly became possessed while playing with one. I think I'll take your advice.
  4. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 06:59

When I was 17 or 18, the ouija board predicted that I would die at age 23. I'm 54 now. But, then again, maybe I'm not really here...
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 07:06
    Originally posted by vistesd
    When I was 17 or 18, the ouija board predicted that I would die at age 23. I'm 54 now. But, then again, maybe I'm not really here...
    When you say the Ouija board predicted this, where you doing it with friends or just yourself?
  6. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 07:07
    When you say the Ouija board predicted this, where you doing it with friends or just yourself?
    There was one friend--we were asking "serious" questions, not as in a party game.
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 07:09
    Originally posted by vistesd
    There was one friend--we were asking "serious" questions, not as in a party game.
    How can you be sure your friend didn't move it?
  8. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 07:101 edit
    How can you be sure your friend didn't move it?
    I can't. 🙂

EDIT: Sorry, that was just my one remembered experience. Maybe someone else will come up with something more interesting.
  9. Standard membergenius
    Wayward Soul
    Your Blackened Sky
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 09:181 edit
    didn't that scary mind control guy, i forget his name, do a seance live on TV and kinda show how it's done? i'll do a google...

http://www.rmjs.co.uk/db/tv01e.htm
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 10:16

Some say you can experience God this way.
  11. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 11:44
    Originally posted by chancremechanic

That's some really funny stuff. Thanks for the laugh. Those stories are obviously contrived urban legends. You can tell by the style.

If you want to feel all spooky, then more power to you.
  12. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 11:56
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    How People Are Fooled by Ideomotor Action

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRelatedTopics/ideomotor.html
  13. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:05
    Some fun quotes from these ghost stories.

"Five months later, we buried my Uncle in that same cemetary. While I was there, I told my story to a cemetary caretaker."

Gee Mr. Cemetary Caretaker, I'm really grief stricken right now, and I know that you're probably busy with this funeral, but let me tell you a story about when I played with an ouija board.

"They asked the spirit to leave, but it took an hour to leave. Before it said good-bye, though, the spirit said it would return to haunt them."

So they sat there for an hour waiting for it to leave? How do they know that it left? Oh, I see. It was polite enough to say, "Goodbye."

"By the time I knew how to fight the spirit, I had been at home for 4 years. I had to call on the name of Jesus to get rid of the spirit. I had to do it over and over and over."

If the name of Jesus is so powerful, why did she have to repeat it?

"The next time we used it we used it outside in her tree house and when I asked what my guardian angels name was it spelled out e-c-h-o, which is the name of a stillborn cousin."

Your cousin was going to be named Echo?

Man, these people . . . Do they really think that boogie men don't have better things to do than sit around waiting to play tricks on people with ouija boards? 🙄
  14. Colorado
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:05
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Hmmm...some more of your delightful sarcasm I suspect. 🙂
  15. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Oct '05 13:12
    "Some advice I would give is never make the ouija board mad."

Very true. I've also discovered that you should never make a chessboard mad either. One time I was at a friend's house, and he asked if I wanted to play chess. I said, "Yes," and so we got the board out. I noticed that the board was in bad condition.
    Without thinking, I exclaimed, "What an ugly board!"
    Well, we began playing for a while, and we reached an intricate position in the middle game. Suddenly, my friend moved his bishop and captured my queen! I was shocked. My queen had been sitting on g4, but sure enough the queen was on now on g5! I had never moved it there! I lost the game.

Now I always compliment the chessboard before playing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree