1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 13:44
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    incompetent mythologizing by folks that lack a basic understanding of the structure of myth...explains why they grossly misunderstand ther own myths.
    Not to mention their own demons.
  2. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 18:36
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I suspect that ouija board operations are entrusted to the minor demons.
    Demon Officer to Demon Footsoldier: You think your too high and mighty to possess pigs? You better shut your mouth and get into that swine, you little imp. If I hear one more complaint out of you, I'll have you deported to some ouija board in Alaska where you can wait in a box 364 days out of the year just to startle an eskimo kid or some horny fisherman.
  3. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 18:572 edits
    Originally posted by telerion
    Demon Officer to Demon Footsoldier: You think your too high and mighty to possess pigs? You better shut your mouth and get into that swine, you little imp. If I hear one more complaint out of you, I'll have you deported to some ouija board in Alaska where you can wait in a box 364 days out of the year just to startle an eskimo kid or some horny fisherman.
    Lol. Thats really funny Tel. Some fun without vitriol or blasphemy (except to the occasional satanist); not that you always resort to them... Did you read the Screwtape Letters of C.S. Lewis? This looks like it could be an excerpt...

edit: I see the Screwtape Letters have already been aluded to in this thread...
  4. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 19:01
    On a plane even lower than those who look after the Houston Astros.

Aside from The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, every word uttered about demons by folks who thinks of themselves as xtians reveals one of a small number of maladies: 1) fear that their omnipotent, omniscient G-d lacks the knowledge and power to protect them from evil, 2) an unhealthy obs ...[text shortened]... tanding of the structure of myth (which explains wht they grossly misunderstand ther own myths).
    ...every word uttered about demons by folks who thinks of themselves as xtians reveals...

every?
  5. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 19:191 edit
    Originally posted by Halitose
    [b]...every word uttered about demons by folks who thinks of themselves as xtians reveals...

every?[/b]
    well, maybe there's another half-decent work of literature out there

But, since demons don't exist apart from their tremendous use as metaphors, "every" isn't much of a stretch.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 19:24
    well, maybe there's another half-decent work of literature out there
    The Devil went down to Georgia isn't too shabby a song.
  7. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Oct '05 19:27
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    The Devil went down to Georgia isn't too shabby a song.
    Is Charlie Daniels an xtian?
  8. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:32
    bumpity bump
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 19:50
    Is Charlie Daniels an xtian?
    Yes, don't recall what denomination though.
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    28 Oct '05 20:00
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Yes, don't recall what denomination though.
    Okay then, I'll add to song to my short list of worthwhile utterances by xtians about devils.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 21:45
    Once my Mormon friend in High School, (and this was when I still went to the Catholic Church but anyways) He said him and his borther where playing with one and then put it in the fireplace and it burn green, but I would say you would have to burn a nother game just to see if it would do the same thing.
  12. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    29 Oct '05 22:18
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Once my Mormon friend in High School, (and this was when I still went to the Catholic Church but anyways) He said him and his borther where playing with one and then put it in the fireplace and it burn green, but I would say you would have to burn a nother game just to see if it would do the same thing.
    It was in the box--you were observing the colors from the inks on the packaging.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree