1. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 03:54
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    I'd like to see this forum continue, for as long as the missionaries are worried about the devil using ouija boards and Harry Potter, they won't have time to worry what I'm teaching their kids.

However, the ouija board's operation is a simple application of ideomotor principles--subconscious motor control. I've performed a simple experiment with a pe ...[text shortened]... with my thoughts--no visible or conscious arm movements.

It is science folks, not witchcraft.
    Thanks for your input, Wulebgr...interesting too. By the way, what are you teaching America's children in class? Also, could not Satan, or his demons, if they are real, use this "science" themselves to wreak havoc in a person's life through use of the ouija board? After all, doesn't Satan use science every day in his never-ending quest to destroy mankind by devices such as guns, missiles, biological weapons, and even jet airplanes flown into tall buildings? All of these means of destruction involve science to a vast degree....just a thought
  2. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 04:35
    Originally posted by telerion
    Checking out that site. I found this part of the first paragraph revealing.

" Often times several spirits will attempt to come through at the same time but the real danger lies when you ask for physical proof of their existence! You might say, 'Well, if you're really a spirit, then put out this light or move that object!' What you have just d ...[text shortened]... ogy, voodoo, and magic work? That's a serious question. Are these all true powers from Satan?
    How am I superstitious? Is it because I believe what the Bible says about Satan, necromancy, summoning up spirits through mediums; found in The New International Version Bible: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, or who consults with the dead. Any one who does these things is detestable to the Lord.... Deuteronomy 18:20

"And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light. It is not surprising, then, if his servants masquerade as servants of righteousness. Their end will be what their actions deserve". II Corithians 11:14. Same source as above.

I am one of the least superstitious people you could ever meet as I am in the medical field and have to think rationally and level-headed. I don't think demons are walking all over the place oppressing people, but I do believe there are people possessed by demons....does magic work? Don't know, but I believe Satan can deceive people into believing anything...voodoo?.....just another form of involving the dead and casting spells in worship, therefore Satanic in nature. Satan is the ruler of present-day earth through his puppet: man. Man has every capability to make earth a beautiful place for every living being, but through greed, lust, ignorance, pride, deceit, lies, thievery, murder, and last, but not least, total rejection of God, he will fall flat on his face in his futile attempt to find peace in his heart and tranquillity in his soul. Now, I'm not an overly religious man, as I sin every day, but I believe in God and that He allows Satan a certain amount of power (ruler of earth) to play with man until man wisens up or until Jesus returns to earth for the second and last time. I am a rational thinker and a believer in science as Wulbger described with his pendelum example, but I also believe Satan uses science as well to deceive us....through the ouija board...as an "angel of light". I hope I explained enough to help avoid your thinking of me as a "fruitcake"....ummmm Christmas is coming soon, and I love fruitcake....😉
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 05:00
    Originally posted by chancremechanic
    Also, could not Satan, or his demons, if they are real, use this "science" themselves to wreak havoc in a person's life through use of the ouija board? After all, doesn't Satan use science every day in his never-ending quest to destroy mankind by devices such as guns, missiles, biological weapons, and even jet airplanes flown into tall buildings?
    Satan is a myth.
  4. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 05:12
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    Satan is a myth.
    So you say. I respect your opinion....it is your entitlement...
  5. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    22 Oct '05 05:27
    How am I superstitious? Is it because I believe what the Bible says about Satan, necromancy, summoning up spirits through mediums; found in The New International Version Bible: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, ...[text shortened]... thinking of me as a "fruitcake"....ummmm Christmas is coming soon, and I love fruitcake....😉
    How am I superstitious?

Well, let's see.

Is it because I believe what the Bible says about Satan, necromancy, summoning up spirits through mediums;

Yep.

You are clearly superstitious; however, this term is not appropriate xian church lingo, so instead you talk about Satan and summoning spirits. It's the same stuff, no matter how you package it.

Necromancy is resurrecting dead spirits or corpses. Do you believe this is occuring?
  6. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 08:57
    [b]How am I superstitious?

Well, let's see.

Is it because I believe what the Bible says about Satan, necromancy, summoning up spirits through mediums;

Yep.

You are clearly superstitious; however, this term is not appropriate xian church lingo, so instead you talk about Satan and summoning spirits. It's the same stuff, no matter ...[text shortened]... age it.

Necromancy is resurrecting dead spirits or corpses. Do you believe this is occuring?[/b]
    That dosen't qualify me as superstitious. Avoiding a black cat crossing my path, not stepping on sidewalk cracks, fearful of breaking mirros, wearing the same underwear for days in order to bring me luck are all signs of superstition. I don't buy any of that crap. Your opinion is not what I am, so I will desist in trying to defend my beliefs because your mind is a brickwall....yeah, I believ that spirits can be summoned, but not of dead people; these spirits are deamons coming as an "angel of light", especially on the John Edwards show...see, these demons bring good news to the audience that portrays the other side as a peaceful place for everyone, which is not true according to the Bible, which you seem to think is a fairy tale, and sadly so. The "angel of light", Satan, whants everybody to have the impression that they will rejoin their loved ones, no matter if that person died without receiving Christ as his/her savior. It gives people a false sence of security and a reason to continue to live a Christ-less life because John Edwards told them that there is a beautiful place awaiting those who die, which is not neccesarily true, but the "angel of light" want you to believe otherwise....so, keep on beleiving as you do...if you are correct, then we will become just another vapor to dissipate into nothingness after death; if you are wrong, God help you...and possibly me....peace...over and out.....
  7. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 09:49
    How am I superstitious? Is it because I believe what the Bible says about Satan, necromancy, summoning up spirits through mediums; found in The New International Version Bible: "Let no one be found among you who sacrifices his son or daughter in the fire, who practices divination or sorcery, interprets omens, engages in witchcraft, or casts spells, ...[text shortened]... thinking of me as a "fruitcake"....ummmm Christmas is coming soon, and I love fruitcake....😉
    Thanks for the Bible verses, very relevant to the subject. I think your theory about Satan ruling the Earth is a little dodgy though. If this were true, how could we have free will? Satan wants to destroy us right, so why wouldn't he make all the food and air for that matter poisonous? Any verses to support this?
  8. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 19:371 edit
    That dosen't qualify me as superstitious. Avoiding a black cat crossing my path, not stepping on sidewalk cracks, fearful of breaking mirros, wearing the same underwear for days in order to bring me luck are all signs of superstition. I don't buy any of that crap. Your opinion is not what I am, so I will desist in trying to defend my beliefs be ...[text shortened]... gness after death; if you are wrong, God help you...and possibly me....peace...over and out.....
    Chancre, you don't have to revert to your knee-jerk defense mode everytime some one disagrees. I know my opinion doesn't shape who you are. We're out of middle school for Chrissake. Ya know "sticks and stones" and all that crap.

I just find it amusing that you compare avoiding black cats, cracks and broken mirrors or summoning spirts of dead people to "crap;" but in the same breath you prattle about invisible demons, resurrected spirits, and John Edwards as if we should take you seriously. I've heard all this before of course, when I was a recruiter for your cult.

All I'm saying is that there's really no substantive difference between what you call superstitions and what you call faith. I'm sure the people who avoid black cats think your demon stories are crap too. That's what happens to people when they don't learn how to think. Tough luck, sailor boy! Now get back to shining them boots. 😉
  9. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 19:45
    Chancre, you don't have to revert to your knee-jerk defense mode everytime some one disagrees. I know my opinion doesn't shape who you are. We're out of middle school for Chrissake. Ya know "sticks and stones" and all that crap.

I just find it amusing that you compare avoiding black cats, cracks and broken mirrors or summoning spirts of dead peop ...[text shortened]... they don't learn how to think. Tough luck, sailor boy! Now get back to shining them boots. 😉
    I've heard all this before of course, when I was a recruiter for your cult.

LOL 😀😵
  10. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 21:57

I just find it amusing that you compare avoiding black cats, cracks and broken mirrors or summoning spirts of dead peop ...[text shortened]... they don't learn how to think. Tough luck, sailor boy! Now get back to shining them boots. 😉
    OK, telerion, I've tried to have a civil debate with you, but the true piss ant that you are is beginning to be evident, so here's a suggestion: F%*k off!! You want to call me a "sailor boy", that's Ok, because the closest you probably ever came to serving your country was in an ally blowing some "sailor boy" fresh from a deployment. We may be out middle school for "Chissake", but you are a twenty-something punk who knows nothing about anything except what your Macro-econimics professor ingrained in your pointed head at the university "Daddy" probably paid for you to attend.. I don't belong to an occult, as you probably belong to an all-male Alan Greenspan grope club...and speaking of boots, I've got a shiny 9.5 that will fit nicely up your "educated" ass if you ever care to "try it on for size"...have a nice day, college "boy".
  11. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 21:59
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    [b]I've heard all this before of course, when I was a recruiter for your cult.

LOL 😀😵[/b]
    And WTF are you laughing at? Are you and telerion "roommates"?....for lack of a better term.......
  12. Colorado
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 22:02
    And WTF are you laughing at? Are you and telerion "roommates"?....for lack of a better term.......
    What kind of a cult do you have going on?
  13. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 22:23
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    What kind of a cult do you have going on?
    After reading your profile where you say "God Bless", I'm beginning to wonder about what "cult" YOU belong to...have a nice day in colorado....
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 22:301 edit
    OK, telerion, I've tried to have a civil debate with you, but the true piss ant that you are is beginning to be evident, so here's a suggestion: F%*k off!! You want to call me a "sailor boy", that's Ok, because the closest you probably ever came to serving your country was in an ally blowing some "sailor boy" fresh from a deployment. We may ...[text shortened]... "educated" ass if you ever care to "try it on for size"...have a nice day, college "boy".
    Ah, so now I have a better idea of what you always call a True Christian TM*. Thanks for the fine example. You're precious savior must be real proud of you.

By the way, chancre, if you try to objectively read back over our discussion, you'll find that you were the first to get "pissy." I was pretty civil. You didn't expect me euphemize your position? I'll call it like it is. Superstition equals superstition, whether is superstitions about ouija boards and invisible demons or black cats and scissors on a bed.

It seems that unless I concede that your particular superstitions are somehow more reasonable, then you're gonna pitch a fit. Let me tell you something. I'm feeling a little ornery today, so if you're gonna freely expose some personal insecurities, I'm gonna give you a hard time.

Really, you're getting pretty bent out of shape over nothing (in this case literally). It's a good thing for all of us that you're floating around on a little patrol boat. With a temper like the one you've just displayed, it'd be awefully frightening if you had a bigger job, like say running a nuclear submarine.
  15. Standard memberchancremechanic
    Islamofascists Suck!
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Oct '05 22:461 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree