1. Maryland
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 16:09
    How may chromosomes does god have? What if it's 48?
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    15 Oct '10 19:02
    Originally posted by Prince Chakanyuka
    We are made in the image of God. End of Discussion.
    That is what is known as a Thought Terminating Cliche, students.
  3. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 22:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    That is what is known as a Thought Terminating Cliche, students.
    One day -EVERYONE- will know how simply, magnificently, beAtiful they are, and that one's capabilities are immeasurable.

That, being they are THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS of immeasurable intelligence, immeasurable STRENGTH, immeasurable potential, man shall experience what is FACTUAL, Heaven is EVERYWHERE, and that which IS real, not that which man has invented for the past 6,000 yrs., no, let me restate that, as we have DONE THIS ALL BEFORE and failed last time, and 4 other experiences of what appears to be Life, HOWEVER

there is a fruition, and let's ((((((((((((HOPE)))))))))))))) it's THIS TIME around!
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Oct '10 22:34
    Originally posted by tacoandlettuce
    One day -EVERYONE- will know how simply, magnificently, beAtiful they are, and that one's capabilities are immeasurable.

That, being they are THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS of immeasurable intelligence, immeasurable STRENGTH, immeasurable potential, man shall experience what is FACTUAL, Heaven is EVERYWHERE, and that which IS real, not that which man has i ...[text shortened]... WEVER

there is a fruition, and let's ((((((((((((HOPE)))))))))))))) it's THIS TIME around!
    "((((((((((((HOPE))))))))))))))" is missing two left parentheses...that's all I have to say
  5. Joined
    26 May '08
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 12:071 edit

That, being they are THE IMAGE AND LIKENESS of immeasurable intelligence, immeasurable STRENGTH, immeasurable potential, man shall experience what is FACTUAL, Heaven is EVERYWHERE, and that which IS real, not that which man has i ...[text shortened]... WEVER

“...One day -EVERYONE- will know how simply, magnificently, beAtiful they are, ...”

You would not say nor believe that if you ever glimpsed at my naked body.
    Try and guess why I don't like mirrors in the bathroom.
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 12:09
    Originally posted by 667joe
    How may chromosomes does god have? What if it's 48?
    46 +2
  7. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 12:11
    Heaven is EVERYWHERE
    Ahhh, so I am already there.

This heaven isn't as great as it has been portrayed.
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 12:22
    Originally posted by lausey

Yeah, its not a location,a destination. Its a state of mind, hence the saying" heaven is within"
    (not that I subscribe to the christian notion of heaven)
  9. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    18 Oct '10 20:461 edit
    Originally posted by lausey

In my Father's HOUSE (EVERYWHERE) there are MANY MANY MANY mansions (realms, galaxies, universes, stages), and earth is what mankind find's to be material, however, that is the illusion, the dream.
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 06:46
    In my Father's HOUSE (EVERYWHERE) there are MANY MANY MANY mansions (realms, galaxies, universes, stages), and earth is what mankind find's to be material, however, that is the illusion, the dream.
    See the OP? Well in your case I believe it.
  11. Joined
    24 Sep '10
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 06:50
    op? is that "other post"?
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    19 Oct '10 08:03
    op? is that "other post"?
    Opening Post
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 07:291 edit
    Originally posted by Prince Chakanyuka
    We are made in the image of God. End of Discussion.
    Still dont get that one, you christians.

What image? And then you go on about the spirit(which is not phemenological as far as I'm aware)

So whose image? An overwieght, ageing,Jewish,negro woman with down syndrome?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 11:50
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Still dont get that one, you christians.

What image? And then you go on about the spirit(which is not phemenological as far as I'm aware)

So whose image? An overwieght, ageing,Jewish,negro woman with down syndrome?
    reason, self consciousness, the ability and desire to create, etc

not physical appearance. maybe it was a mistranslation of the original text. maybe the authors lacked the language to describe what god was conveying. (assuming of course that god influenced this thought).

it is logical that, should the verse be true, that we are indeed made in god's image, image is understood as not physical resemblance but spiritual, intelectual resemblance.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    20 Oct '10 19:49
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    reason, self consciousness, the ability and desire to create, etc

not physical appearance. maybe it was a mistranslation of the original text. maybe the authors lacked the language to describe what god was conveying. (assuming of course that god influenced this thought).

it is logical that, should the verse be true, that we are indeed made in god's image, image is understood as not physical resemblance but spiritual, intelectual resemblance.
    Yes, dear fellow traveller, but when most christians hear " We are created in Gods image? " Do you think they're thinking physical or intellectual/spiritual?

i mean the word is "image", like the one in the mirror. Yes maybe the authors couldn't translate properly. I prefer "essence".

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree