1. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 00:331 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Warm, with various jams, jellies or marmalades.
    how vewy tasty, jam and butter is awesome together.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 00:36
    Just out of curiosity do any of you guys celebrate or practice lent?
  3. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 01:03
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    how vewy tasty, jam and butter is awesome together.
    No butter, you heretic.
  4. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 01:07
    haha, your knickers are so twisted trying to dish the dirt that you of course fail to take into consideration those households which are divided and the various principles which might apply thereof. Surely taking your reasoning to its logical conclusion, then if its my birthday i should refrain from eating all cakes, including those my wife baked, o ...[text shortened]... rself. . .

(Philippians 4:5) . . .[b]Let your reasonableness become known to all men
    . . .[/b]
    lol. You've come on a website a day in advance to announce that you fully intend to partake of Pancake Tuesday when your wife "happens to dish [you] up some pancakes, merely by coincidence tomorrow". And in your mind, this will not be a deliberate act.

To make matter worse, instead of admitting your folly, you try to defend this by making accusations of a "self righteousness and condemnatory attitude" which is "self righteous and condemnatory" in and of itself.

If you believe your tripe, you're positively delusional. Regardless, you're a real piece of work.
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 01:071 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    No butter, you heretic.
    oops sowwy Ming, i forgot myself for a moment, (prostrates himself low and kisses your scarlet ropes), but we always have butter and jam. In your mind, is it like mixing soda in your single malt whiskey or some horrific equivalent?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 01:081 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    lol. You've come on a website a day in advance to announce that you fully intend to partake of Pancake Tuesday when your wife "[b]happens to dish [you] up some pancakes, merely by coincidence tomorrow". And in your mind, this will not be a deliberate act.

To make matter worse, instead of admitting your folly, you try to defend this by making accusa ieve your tripe, you're positively delusional. Regardless, you're a real piece of work.[/b]
    I have provided reasons, you may wish to make reference to those instead of betraying your lack of reason with base insults, the last bastion of the truly bereft!
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 01:18
    I have provided reasons, you may wish to make reference to those.
    lol. If you believe that tripe, you'd also have no trouble providing "reasons" for justifying your participation in rape, murder or anything else you might purport to be against the JW way. And should anyone call you on it, you'd no doubt start spouting rhetoric about their "self righteous and condemnatory attitude in complete opposition to the revealed word of God".

At what point does the little light come on for you?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:021 edit
    lol. If you believe that tripe, you'd also have no trouble providing "reasons" for justifying your participation in rape, murder or anything else you might purport to be against the JW way. And should anyone call you on it, you'd no doubt start spouting rhetoric about their "self righteous and condemnatory attitude in complete opposition to the revealed word of God".

At what point does the little light come on for you?
    So we have gone from eating pancakes, to justifying my participation in rape and murder. Does that strike anyone else as, well, unbalanced? You know, Pharisaical? I dont think i would mention lights on if I were you, not until you have recourse to reason, which sadly seems to be evading you at present.
  9. Standard memberBusygirl
    The BOSS
    in my own mind.
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:44
    Originally posted by Doward
    butter and drenched with maple syrup 🙂
    you forgot the whipped cream
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 02:54
    So if my wife happens to dish me up some pancakes, merely by coincidence tomorrow i should say, i cannot partake, i hardly think so! yeah for pancakes!

As to the details of your actual post, i know not what the festival purports to be, it merely mention a Carnival, never the less, if one through study does find that it has pagan roots and his cons ...[text shortened]... march is quite clearly of Hindu origin and therefore the Christian remains obligated to desist.
    If you are able to unilaterally flout the rule that forbids you from participating in a pagan rite, why can't you unilaterally flout the rule that requires you to discriminate against homosexuals?
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 03:271 edit
    So we have gone from eating pancakes, to justifying my participation in rape and murder. Does that strike anyone else as, well, unbalanced? You know, Pharisaical? I dont think i would mention lights on if I were you, not until you have recourse to reason, which sadly seems to be evading you at present.
    Anyone who can get themselves to believe as in the following can get themselve to believe anything:

You've come on a website a day in advance to announce that you fully intend to partake of Pancake Tuesday when your wife "happens to dish [you] up some pancakes, merely by coincidence tomorrow". And in your mind, this will not be a deliberate act.

That you don't seem to have the least inkling as to the absurdity of the above speaks volumes about you.

Seriously, it's as if you haven't a clue.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 05:05
    Tomorrow is Pancake Tuesday, or perhaps Shrove Tuesday depending where you are from. It was initially viewed as a festive day before the beginning of lent in which Catholics traditionally fast (my experience is they give up stuff they dont really like anyway), never the less , this is the single most important contribution my father, a Roman Catholi ...[text shortened]... Catholicism for it. Pancakes, mmmmm, how do you like yours? warm or cold, with butter or syrup?
    Good God man! Posting such an inflamatory subject as Christians eating pancakes!! Come to your senses Rob!

😛
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 05:42
    Funny stuff.
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 09:27
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you are able to unilaterally flout the rule that forbids you from participating in a pagan rite, why can't you unilaterally flout the rule that requires you to discriminate against homosexuals?
    Its actually very simple FMF, the act of homosexuality, more specifically sodomy for those wishing to get technical, is condemned throughout scripture, eating pancakes is not.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Mar '11 09:29
    Anyone who can get themselves to believe as in the following can get themselve to believe anything:

[quote]You've come on a website a day in advance to announce that you fully intend to partake of Pancake Tuesday when your wife "[b]happens to dish [you] up some pancakes, merely by coincidence tomorrow
    ". And in your mind, this will not be a delibera ...[text shortened]... urdity of the above speaks volumes about you.

Seriously, it's as if you haven't a clue.[/b]
    yes indeed, after i eat my pancakes, i plan to justify rape and murder??? and its me that doesn't have a clue?? hello!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree