1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 07:09
    Has this one been discussed yet?
    (It implies that the Earth was seeded by 'aliens' and hence produced humans as we know them)
    In my way of thinkning rhis theory this does not preclude creation or evotution although in another way of thinking it could preclude both of them.
    Phew!!!! I'm not expecting any great results with this thread but feel free to try me!
  2. England
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 09:201 edit
    i suppose adam and eve could be concidered aliens, as they lived in the garden of eden and cast down to earth
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 12:46
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    (It implies that the Earth was seeded by 'aliens' and hence produced humans as we know them)
    In my way of thinkning rhis theory this does not preclude creation or evotution although in another way of thinking it could preclude both of them.
    Phew!!!! I'm not expecting any great results with this thread but feel free to try me!
    Sorry, but I think the whole arguement of aliens planting life on earth is....well....retarded. No offense. After all, it does not really address our origins, rather, it merely places our origins at some unknown place in the universe.

As for the pyramids, however, aliens done it. 😛
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 12:551 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sorry, but I think the whole arguement of aliens planting life on earth is....well....retarded. No offense. After all, it does not really address our origins, rather, it merely places our origins at some unknown place in the universe.

Just as retarded as evolution or creation.
    It does adress our origons.
    And if you cant offer up at least some decent refutation then why not just stay out of it...no offense.
    I was looking for some debate, some angle to debate, not just a flat out rejection of the theory.
    If thats all I expected then why would I have put it out there in the first place? Think about it!
  5. Joined
    30 May '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 13:42
    Recent discoveries in biology involving organisms that can survive in extreme conditions have made this idea more plausible. I see no compelling evidence either way though.
  6. Joined
    17 Jun '09
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 14:43
    Originally posted by stoker
    i suppose adam and eve could be concidered aliens, as they lived in the garden of eden and cast down to earth
    They were already on Earth, the Garden of Eden was just a different part.
  7. Pepperland
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 15:14
    ...and this is based on what?
  8. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 22:15
    Originally posted by stoker
    I never cosidered that Eden's garden was anywhere except on the earth.

I don't know why you think it was somewhere else.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 22:21
    Originally posted by jaywill
    I never cosidered that Eden's garden was anywhere except on the earth.

I don't know why you think it was somewhere else.
    it is an Islamic belief also, that the garden of Eden was heavenly and that Adam and Eve were cast down to the earth for their iniquity.
  10. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 22:44
    Just as retarded as evolution or creation.
    It does adress our origons.
    And if you cant offer up at least some decent refutation then why not just stay out of it...no offense.
    I was looking for some debate, some angle to debate, not just a flat out rejection of the theory.
    If thats all I expected then why would I have put it out there in the first place? Think about it!
    He means that while it addresses OUR origins, it doesn't address the origin of the aliens. It doesn't address the ultimate origin of everything. It merely pushes it back a step. Of course, his god suffers from the same problem, which he seems unwilling to recognize. Who created the aliens? Who created god? If god can be eternal and uncreated, then why can't the universe itself?
  11. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 22:47
    Originally posted by daniel58
    They were already on Earth, the Garden of Eden was just a different part.
    If Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie) had a garden, what do you suppose she'd call it? Come on, take a guess!
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 23:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    If Barbara Eden (I Dream of Jeannie) had a garden, what do you suppose she'd call it? Come on, take a guess!
    Her haram paradise?
  13. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '09 23:29
    Originally posted by whodey

That's an instance of the retarded pot calling the kettle retarded.

Did you ask them if the intelligent aliens are supposedly metaphysically necessary or self-existent or eternal beings that have just always existed or something along those lines? Because that would magically turn the account from retarded to non-retarded, so maybe you spoke too soon.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 01:24
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    ...and this is based on what?
    Intuition on one hand and logic deduced from available evidence.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    16 Aug '09 01:33
    Originally posted by rwingett
    He means that while it addresses OUR origins, it doesn't address the origin of the aliens. It doesn't address the ultimate origin of everything. It merely pushes it back a step. Of course, his god suffers from the same problem, which he seems unwilling to recognize. Who created the aliens? Who created god? If god can be eternal and uncreated, then why can't the universe itself?
    To determine where the aliens come from is not so important, I reckon.It is my contention that we must learn the accurate history of the Earth to go forward. Thats why there is so many different forms of obfuscation employed by various forces . To stop us knowing the truth. Generally speaking. For example did people walk the Earth when the dinosaurs were around?
    Or, how long have humans inhabited the planet? In these contexts we need science and scriptures (and other historical writings) to determine an accurate version of history.
    It is my contention that humans have been on the Earth for much longer than currently thought. How long do you think humans have walked the planet?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree