1. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    21784
    15 Mar '05 03:43
    Pope Gregory VII (1073-85) :
    "The pope cannot make a mistake."

    Paschal II: (1099-1118)
    "Whoever does not agree with the Apostolic See
    is without doubt a heretic."

    Pope Boniface VIII (1294-1303) :
    "Every human being must do
    as the pope tells him."

    Nyxie
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39559
    15 Mar '05 04:04
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Pope Gregory VII (1073-85) :
    "The pope cannot make a mistake."

    Paschal II: (1099-1118)
    "Whoever does not agree with the Apostolic See
    is without doubt a heretic."

    Pope Boniface VIII (1294-1303) :
    "Every human being must do
    as the pope tells him."

    Nyxie
    Those are a tad stale, aren't they Nyxie? Got anything say post-Enlightenment?
  3. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    21784
    15 Mar '05 04:13
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Those are a tad stale, aren't they Nyxie? Got anything say post-Enlightenment?
    It helps to establish a history of things. I'll look for newer ones.

    Nyxie
  4. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Joined
    05 Mar '02
    Moves
    32455
    15 Mar '05 04:15
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Pope Gregory VII (1073-85) :
    "The pope cannot make a mistake."

    Paschal II: (1099-1118)
    "Whoever does not agree with the Apostolic See
    is without doubt a heretic."

    Pope Boniface VIII (1294-1303) :
    "Every human being must do
    as the pope tells him."

    Nyxie
    If you are working under the assumption that 'every word that comes
    from a Pope must be believed,' then please know that this is not
    Roman Catholic Doctrine. The modern RC Cathechism makes it very
    clear that the Popes are just men, prone to sin and error like the rest
    of us.

    Nemesio
  5. Felicific Forest
    Joined
    15 Dec '02
    Moves
    23709
    15 Mar '05 04:16
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    It helps to establish a history of things. I'll look for newer ones.

    Nyxie

    Is this supposed to be another anti-catholic thread ?
  6. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36068
    15 Mar '05 13:11
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    Pope Gregory VII (1073-85) :
    "The pope cannot make a mistake."

    Paschal II: (1099-1118)
    "Whoever does not agree with the Apostolic See
    is without doubt a heretic."

    Pope Boniface VIII (1294-1303) :
    "Every human being must do
    as the pope tells him."

    Nyxie
    1. Provide context.
    2. So?
  7. Standard memberNyxie
    The eyes of truth
    elsewhere
    Joined
    26 Apr '04
    Moves
    21784
    16 Mar '05 05:02
    There just quotes. Is there some reason why we can't have a papal quote thread?
  8. London
    Joined
    02 Mar '04
    Moves
    36068
    16 Mar '05 10:41
    Originally posted by Nyxie
    There just quotes. Is there some reason why we can't have a papal quote thread?
    Not really.

    "Dear Brothers and Sisters,

    1. Today too I would like to renew my gratitude for the many signs of affection I have received. I am thinking in particular of the numerous Cardinals, Bishops, priests and groups of the faithful, of the Ambassadors and ecumenical Delegations who have come to the Gemelli Polyclinic in these days.

    I would like to express special gratitude for the closeness of believers of other religions, Jews and Muslims in particular. Some of them have wanted to come and pray here at the hospital. This is a comforting sign to me for which I thank God." (John Paul II. Angelus. 6 Mar 2005)
  9. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    16 Mar '05 10:56
    yes we know the history its paved with stupidity and blood but are we any more enlightened now. WMD go look for them they are everywhere but not seamingly were the goverments would have us belive. we look for the end of the world in a way we would understand tho when it comes a lot of people would wish it had not.
  10. Standard memberMaustrauser
    Lord Chook
    Stringybark
    Joined
    16 Nov '03
    Moves
    88863
    16 Mar '05 11:46
    Originally posted by stoker
    yes we know the history its paved with stupidity and blood but are we any more enlightened now. WMD go look for them they are everywhere but not seamingly were the goverments would have us belive. we look for the end of the world in a way we would understand tho when it comes a lot of people would wish it had not.
    This actually isn't a very clear post. Are you saying that thanks to Fundamentalist religion the end of the world is nigh?
  11. England
    Joined
    15 Nov '03
    Moves
    33497
    16 Mar '05 11:55
    sorry thought it was clear but if not my fault. the meaning oh dam it what did i mean.
Back to Top