1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 08:211 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    As a human He went through all of that, maybe the movie didn't reflect the reality who knows. The description scripture gives is very brutal, if you feel Jesus didn't suffer properly for you to damn bad.
    Maybe its just all crap and he suffered in vain. Maybe he was very stupid or extremely not caring of his immediate future well-being. Either way, as apathist pointed out, god was not present, but some evil b***h was through th whole movie.

I think, you think this movie was rather accurate don't you? otherwise why the "to damn bad" comment?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 10:39
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Maybe its just all crap and he suffered in vain. Maybe he was very stupid or extremely not caring of his immediate future well-being. Either way, as apathist pointed out, god was not present, but some evil b***h was through th whole movie.

I think, you think this movie was rather accurate don't you? otherwise why the "to damn bad" comment?
    You belittling someone who died for you, as if it was something to be mocked. His care for
    you was such that he went that far, and you call him stupid even here.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 20:22

The "evil b***h" you mention was Satan.

And you say "God was not present". God was right there, getting scourged and beaten and eventually died for us. How'd you miss that?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 21:55
    Originally posted by Suzianne

And you say "God was not present". God was right there, getting scourged and beaten and eventually died for us. How'd you miss that?
    Yahwey God died?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 22:29
    You belittling someone who died for you, as if it was something to be mocked. His care for
    you was such that he went that far, and you call him stupid even here.
    Do you think the movie accurate? lets start there?
    I think its accurate for a lot of Christians, however you as one could answer me directly..
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 22:32
    Originally posted by Suzianne

God getting beaten?
    Holy cow, we are not on the same page.
    Jesus is JC. God is god.

please explain how jesus is considered god?
    And why is the satan depicted as a goth chick?
    Do you as a Christian find this kinda accurate as I assume you do?
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:29
    God getting beaten?
    Jesus is JC. God is god.

Jesus the Word of God made flesh! Jesus the Son of God!
  8. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    21 Apr '17 23:29
    Do you think the movie accurate? lets start there?
    I think its accurate for a lot of Christians, however you as one could answer me directly..
    In what ways?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 00:58
    I get that. I assume you believe the movie to be more or less true??
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 01:02
    In what ways?
    The bits with Jesus' punishments, especially with the cat o nine tails.
    I find it extremely difficult to believe that any normal human could endure that. But he was not a normal human. But he was?

Do you get me?
    If he was normal,like say Guatama Buddha, then he would've died before he made it up the hill. But if he was supernatural in some way then it takes the " I'm just like you" spirituality out of it.
    If he has special powers to bear extra pain than normal people then the whole story falls short of talking to the common man...
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 01:37
    The bits with Jesus' punishments, especially with the cat o nine tails.
    I find it extremely difficult to believe that any normal human could endure that. But he was not a normal human. But he was?

Do you get me?
    If he was normal,like say Guatama Buddha, then he would've died before he made it up the hill. But if he was supernatural in some way t ...[text shortened]... r extra pain than normal people then the whole story falls short of talking to the common man...
    He became a man and He lived as a man, what He went through is written in scripture. If you compare the movie to scriptures you will get your answers. He didn't live as a demigod, but a man.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 14:45
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Yahwey God died?
    At first I pondered this question, then I realized that you are one of these anti-trinitarians.

Sorry, I'm not responsible for whatever it is you believe.
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 15:09
    God getting beaten?
    Jesus is JC. God is god.

"Jesus is JC. God is god."

Yes, I understand how those who do not believe in God also deny the deity of Jesus.

I have no control over others' errors.

"please explain how jesus is considered god?"

I'm not going over this again. This topic has been done to death in this forum.

Short answer is: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." -- John 1:1, KJV

Seems plain enough for me.

"And why is the satan depicted as a goth chick?"

This was found in an article for Christianity Today.

"When asked why he portrayed Satan—an androgynous, almost beautiful being played by Rosalinda Celentano—the way he did, Gibson replied: "I believe the Devil is real, but I don't believe he shows up too often with horns and smoke and a forked tail. The devil is smarter than that. Evil is alluring, attractive. It looks almost normal, almost good—but not quite.

"That's what I tried to do with the Devil in the film. The actor's face is symmetric, beautiful in a certain sense, but not completely. For example, we shaved her eyebrows. Then we shot her almost in slow motion so you don't see her blink—that's not normal. We dubbed in a man's voice in Gethsemane even though the actor is a woman … That's what evil is about, taking something that's good and twisting it a little bit."

"Do you as a Christian find this kinda accurate as I assume you do?"

Since it happens to be "my religion", yes, I happen to believe the Bible is accurate. This is a movie, and as such, it is open to the director's interpretation. I was the one in the other thread who told someone to watch this movie, as this is what Easter is about in Christianity, not chocolate bunnies or dyed eggs. And yes, I realize that YMMV. Did it happen exactly this way? Probably not, we're human, we have a propensity to get details wrong. But it's close enough to get the idea.
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 22:14
    Originally posted by vivify
    What did you think of the movie?
    I thought the movie was good, wish it had been in English. Some here talk about the beating the Lord endured, but it was much worse than the movie depicted. In Isaiah it says his face was so marred he no longer resembled a man.
    The movie made my heart sad as I revisited the agony he underwent. And he did it willingly to restore man to a state where sin was defeated and men and women can come to God and have their sins washed away in forgiveness. He had sinless blood and was the only one who could be as a lamb led to slaughter to atone for sins once and for all for all.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Apr '17 23:27
    Sounds like the whole world and everyone in it was the word of god made into "flesh". After all did He not make the whole world?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree