path to truth

path to truth

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
07 Nov 17

Originally posted by @apathist
What role should faith play?
In what?

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
08 Nov 17

Originally posted by @kellyjay
In what?
Walking.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Nov 17

Blind beliefs, I never claimed that.
You said:

"I will tell you if you exchanged your use of the word “reality” with “faith” we would be in almost complete agreement, because that is really what your describing here",

and I answered you I do not describe “faith”.

Instead, I describe my opinion as regards how exactly reality is perceived by any sentient being, and also by all of us human beings; and I explained in detail the reason why the sole reality that a sentient being can perceive is by definition the one that is projected strictly on the basis of the way the bodymind of the said sentient being is hard-wired to the Physical World that surrounds us all.

If you are aware of any other reality than this, kindly please expand.
😡

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17

Originally posted by @black-beetle
You said:

"I will tell you if you exchanged your use of the word “reality” with “faith” we would be in almost complete agreement, because that is really what your describing here",

and I answered you I do not describe “faith”.

Instead, I describe my opinion as regards how exactly reality is perceived by any sentient being, and also by all of u ...[text shortened]... surrounds us all.

If you are aware of any other reality than this, kindly please expand.
😡
Your description of reality has mutable versions of reality, when in fact reality is what we
are moving about in, it is what it is, and we can have an affect on it as we touch, hear,
see, taste, and feel it but it what it is regardless of how we feel about it. We form opinions
and live out our days in it, and when we see things that are not what we thought we have
to alter our views, why because they do not reflect what is real, what is reality. So
according to your views reality is imaginary nothing but what we think it is by our
imaginations after we filter through all our senses and thoughts.

Where I believe reality actually exist and does not depend on anything because it isn't
imaginary, fabricated through my thoughts, what is, is and what was, was. So I move
about in reality as I think it is (faith) and act accordingly. You suggest that reality rests
with how you view things after taking in what you think is true, therefore there can be
a different reality for each person even many if not most that are counter to one another.

The truth is that even if we gather our thoughts together we can all be wrong about what
is, and isn't. Suggesting blindness has something to do with faith just shows me you have
not much of clue about either word. Faith doesn't form the idea, it is what believed is true,
and we walk out accordingly, and no different than any thought about truth if we are
indeed shown we are wrong, we have to correct.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Nov 17

Your description of reality has mutable versions of reality, when in fact reality is what we
are moving about in, it is what it is, and we can have an affect on it as we touch, hear,
see, taste, and feel it but it what it is regardless of how we feel about it. We form opinions
and live out our days in it, and when we see things that are not what we thou ...[text shortened]... different than any thought about truth if we are
Edit: “So according to your views reality is imaginary nothing but what we think it is by our imaginations after we filter through all our senses and thoughts.”

No, this is a distortion of what I say.
I never said that the perceived by us reality is imaginary. On the contrary, I repeatedly said that the subjectively perceived by a sentient being reality is as real as it gets for the sentient being that perceives it, and I explained in detail the reason why😡

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Nov 17

and live out our days in it, and when we see things that are not what we thou ...[text shortened]... different than any thought about truth if we are
Edit: “Where I believe reality actually exist and does not depend on anything”

Well, since you believe this is the case, kindly please expand about the nature of the Physical World you believe that actually exists and does not depend on anything, explaining how and by what means other than your 6 senses did you come to perceive and to know whatever about the exact Physical World that surrounds us, and how and by what means do you establish “faith” somewhere out of your own mental apparatus during your sensemaking process, which under these circumstances must be related to a specific mechanism unrelated to your 6 senses.

Edit: “You suggest that reality rests with how you view things after taking in what you think is true, therefore there can be a different reality for each person even many if not most that are counter to one another.”

No, only a sophist would offer this assertion.
I said that each sentient being’s subjective mental projection about the reality perceived and decoded as true by his mental apparatus is just one amongst countless other mental projections of the rest sentient beings of our planet😡

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Nov 17

Edit: “The truth is that even if we gather our thoughts together we can all be wrong about what is, and isn't.”

No.
The truth is that when we gather our thoughts together, we see quite easily whose subjective beliefs are accurate herenow and are a part of a viable herenow theory of reality, and whose subjective beliefs are not validated herenow as a part of a viable theory of reality.

Edit: “Suggesting blindness has something to do with faith just shows me you have not much of clue about either word.”

I suggest that whenever the evaluation of the mind is exchanged with blind beliefs, and whenever the verified in practice Knowledge is exchanged with Faith, we end up with untenable theories of reality.

Edit: “Faith doesn't form the idea, it is what believed is true, and we walk out accordingly, and no different than any thought about truth if we are indeed shown we are wrong, we have to correct.”

This is false.
Even according to the Christian dogma, the blind belief (Faith) in Logos alone is the sole factor that gives a perceivable shape of the transcendental Absolute Truth, which in turn forms the non-transcendental core concept of the Christian religion.
Furthermore, in fact you walk out in strict accordance to the non-transcendental concept of the Christian religion, and whenever you are shown (strictly by means of hermeneutics) you are wrong, you have to stand corrected.
😡

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17

Edit: “The truth is that even if we gather our thoughts together we can all be wrong about what is, and isn't.”

No.
The truth is that when we gather our thoughts together, we see quite easily whose subjective beliefs are accurate herenow and are a part of a viable herenow theory of reality, and whose subjective beliefs are not validated herenow as ...[text shortened]... ou are shown (strictly by means of hermeneutics) you are wrong, you have to stand corrected.
😡
Describe a blind belief for me, an example please.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17

No.
The truth is that when we gather our thoughts together, we see quite easily whose subjective beliefs are accurate herenow and are a part of a viable herenow theory of reality, and whose subjective beliefs are not validated herenow as ...[text shortened]... ou are shown (strictly by means of hermeneutics) you are wrong, you have to stand corrected.
😡
I have to get back to this later.

looking for loot

western colorado

Moves
08 Nov 17

In what?
In the path to truth. I said what role should faith play.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17

Originally posted by @apathist
In the path to truth. I said what role should faith play.
We walk out our lives by faith, what we believe in we work that out.

Black Beastie

Scheveningen

Moves
08 Nov 17

Describe a blind belief for me, an example please.
Logos.
Absolute Truth.
The sin nature of the fallen man.
The pseudoscience of Creationism.
😡

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17

Logos.
Absolute Truth.
😡
So you believe in truth as long as it’s not absolute? What is that some where between 95-99% truth?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17
1 edit

So you believe in truth as long as it’s not absolute? What is that some where between 95-99% truth?
N/A

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Nov 17
1 edit

Logos.
Absolute Truth.
😡
You are calling out specific doctrine as blind faith, can we do the same with theories no one has witnessed in any setting?