1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    09 Nov '17 20:13
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Kindly please clarify and explain
    what exact part of your bodymind is responsible for your beliefs in general,
    what exact part of your bodymind is triggered by faith so that faith is acting on your beliefs,
    and how and by what means this mysterious mechanism is in total separation from your own bodymind and thus your subjectivity, turning your purel ...[text shortened]... atus into products which are part of some sort of ...objective (as you mean it, that is) truth😵
    If I believe something I guess my mind and heart will lead me into believing. From there I walk it out by faith, it will be by faith, because as I have been sharing with you I don’t have perfect knowledge, I don’t claim I fully understand reality, there is just to much I don’t know.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:00
    Edit: “That is funny, really, you think this is viable therefore its okay, you don't think that is viable and therefore here now it isn't.”

What I evaluate as viable herenow is indeed viable to me herenow, and what I think is not viable herenow, it is not viable to me herenow. It is funny, sure thing😵

Edit: “I guess it helps your non-faith sta ...[text shortened]... o not hold blind beliefs of any kind. So, what you describe is strictly your reality –not mine😵
    So if I give you cause for any of my beliefs, would they than be called blind? If you don't
    think my views, why I believe, would they be called not viable by you, what then?
  3. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    If I believe something I guess my mind and heart will lead me into believing. From there I walk it out by faith, it will be by faith, because as I have been sharing with you I don’t have perfect knowledge, I don’t claim I fully understand reality, there is just to much I don’t know.
    Very clear.
    I conclude that if You believe something, Your mind alone (because "heart" in this context is just intuition, a crucial mental aspect of our conceptual awareness) will lead You into believing. From there You walk it out by faith, since You accept that You don’t have perfect knowledge.

Is this assumption of mine accurate as regards your sensemaking process?
    😵
  4. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:17
    Very clear.
    I conclude that if You believe something, Your mind alone (because "heart" in this context is just intuition, a crucial mental aspect of our conceptual awareness) will lead You into believing. From there You walk it out by faith, since You accept that You don’t have perfect knowledge.

😵
    I believe I can believe in anything, that doesn't mean I'm correct. So if I'm to go through
    the universe and walk out my life I'm going to be doing it in light of what I believe to be
    true, so it will be by my faith. Walking out my life in the light I have, this is true with traffic
    lights, walking on ice, walking out on a dry ground, sitting in the back seat of a car so that
    someone else drives, trusting God's grace cleans me of my sins.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:18
    Very clear.

😵
    Your claim is that you use your sensemaking to alter reality to your thinking, where I think
    you are in error because you always have to correct for your errors so it isn't reality that is
    changing, it is always you.
  6. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:33
    So if I give you cause for any of my beliefs, would they than be called blind? If you don't
    think my views, why I believe, would they be called not viable by you, what then?
    No. Regardless of the cause on which a belief is rooted, a belief of any kind can be either blind or not.

It is my knowledge that all kinds of unfalsifiable (blind) beliefs are grounded either on unfalsifiable (unscientific) theories of reality (Creationism, etc.), or on religious doctrines that must be accepted blindly on the basis of faith alone. For this reason, I never adopt blind beliefs even provisionally. No big deal😵
  7. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:371 edit
    No. Regardless of the cause on which a belief is rooted, a belief of any kind can be either blind or not.

It is my knowledge that all kinds of unfalsifiable (blind) beliefs are grounded either on unfalsifiable (unscientific) theories of reality (Creationism, etc.), or on religious doctrines that must be accepted blindly on the basis of faith alone. For this reason, I never adopt blind beliefs even provisionally. No big deal😵
    Is the belief that the scientific method is the best method of attaining knowledge falsifiable or is it provisionally adopted?
  8. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:42
    I believe I can believe in anything, that doesn't mean I'm correct. So if I'm to go through
    the universe and walk out my life I'm going to be doing it in light of what I believe to be
    true, so it will be by my faith. Walking out my life in the light I have, this is true with traffic
    lights, walking on ice, walking out on a dry ground, sitting in the back seat of a car so that
    someone else drives, trusting God's grace cleans me of my sins.
    It is correct that you are free to believe in anything, according to your evaluation of the mind.

However, I still see that you decide to believe whatever you want to believe on a purely subjective basis. If this is not the case, kindly please demonstrate where exactly is to be found any kind of "objectivity" in this process of yours
    😵
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:46
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Is the belief that the scientific method is the best method of attaining knowledge falsifiable or is it provisionally adopted?
    I evaluate this belief as both falsifiable and proven in practice herenow, therefore I adopt it herenow provisionally😵
  10. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 11:521 edit
    I evaluate this belief as both falsifiable and proven in practice herenow, therefore I adopt it herenow provisionally😵
    1. How exactly is the scientific method falsifiable?

2. According to which objective criteria is it 'proven in practice' herenow?

3. If this objective criteria does exist, according to which falsifiable objective standard is this objective criteria proven to be 'objective'? 😵
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 12:20

All beliefs can be true or not, it seems to me disagreeing with a belief for you means the cause is blind. I guess if I believed everything I thought was true meant this is reality and everything I didn’t wasn’t reality I would think my opinion was that important too.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 12:32
    Can you falsify the age of the universe, earth, or do you call those that do having blind faith? Can you falsify abiogenesis or do those that hold to that people of blind faith? Without seeing your answer I am almost willing to bet not being able to falsify isn’t applied equally to that which you support.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 12:56
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    1. How exactly is the scientific method falsifiable?

2. According to which objective criteria is it 'proven in practice' herenow?

3. If this objective criteria does exist, according to which falsifiable objective standard is this objective criteria proven to be 'objective'? 😵
    1. By means of reevaluation in the light of new scientific facts and evidence.

2. According to specific scientific criteria accepted herenow as validated and proven in practice by the consensus of the scientists of the field to which the specific theory of reality belongs. "Objectivity" in this context is considered the current consensus of the scientists on the basis of their collective subjectivity.
    😵
  14. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 13:07
    All beliefs can be true or not, it seems to me disagreeing with a belief for you means the cause is blind. I guess if I believed everything I thought was true meant this is reality and everything I didn’t wasn’t reality I would think my opinion was that important too.
    Any belief can be grounded on false or accurate evaluation of the mind herenow, however an untrue to you belief can well be true to me, and the opposite.

If one does not hold as provisionally or proven in practice true whatever one evaluates herenow or under any circumstances as true, then one has a problem. This has nothing to do with some kind of arrogance or hubris, as you appear to suggest.
    😵
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    10 Nov '17 13:45
    Your claim is that you use your sensemaking to alter reality to your thinking, where I think
    you are in error because you always have to correct for your errors so it isn't reality that is
    changing, it is always you.
    No, this is a problematic oversimplification.

This is how I see it, Kellyjay: I do not acknowledge as reality something other than Kosmos (Physical World), and it is my knowledge that we interact with it strictly through our purely subjective bodymind, our purely subjective World of Ideas and our purely subjective Inner World.

The exact mechanism is the following:
    Since our World of Ideas (the subjective one, and also the collective World of Ideas of us human beings), our Inner World (our subjective one, and also the collective), and the Physical World that surrounds us all, interact constantly and this constant interaction consequently turns all us human beings into the products of Our products, as I explained you earlier, we are constantly changing at the level of our World of Ideas (the subjective one and the collective World of Ideas of us human beings) and at the level of our Inner World (our subjective one and the collective), while we also constantly change according to our volition the Physical World that surrounds us.
    At the same time, the Physical World tests us hard constantly, forcing us to comply and to come up with solutions to the problems it causes us, impacting this way and thus reshaping dramatically our World of Ideas (the subjective one, and also the collective World of Ideas of us human beings) and our Inner World (our subjective one, and also the collective).
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree