2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 16:29
    Originally posted by @apathist
    Is faith a reliable path towards truth.
    I would say no.

If 'truth' exists then it will only be reached by reason and verifiable evidence (to ensure the path you walk is heading in the right direction). Faith could just as easily have a man walk on the wrong path, in completely the wrong direction. In short, you can not trust faith as a reliable compass.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 16:34
    In what?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 17:18
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    In what?
    Reality. Kinda strange question, kelly.
  5. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 17:48
    Reality. Kinda strange question, kelly.
    I have faith in reality, who doesn’t?
  6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 17:54
    Kelly has faith that the Christian God represents truth.
    Mr X has faith that the Hindu Gods represents truth.

Clearly faith alone is not a reliable path to truth, as faith without certainty can lead one astray.
  7. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Oct '17 18:08
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    Kelly has faith that the Christian God represents truth.
    Mr X has faith that the Hindu Gods represents truth.

Clearly faith alone is not a reliable path to truth, as faith without certainty can lead one astray.
    Why do you think that? Some believe man can figure it all out, we are going to believe something is true. You will walkout your days thinking something is true by which you will judge everything else.

You think anyone here has facts that will not change with new information as their only guiding light in life?
  8. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 16:25
    Why do you think that? Some believe man can figure it all out, we are going to believe something is true. You will walkout your days thinking something is true by which you will judge everything else.

You think anyone here has facts that will not change with new information as their only guiding light in life?[/b]
    Clearly you failed to read what you just responded to.
  9. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 17:53
    No😵
  10. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 17:59
    Clearly you failed to read what you just responded to.
    No I read it I just see it differently than you.
  11. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 18:03
    Define reality, Kellyjay, and mind you:

Whose reality? The strictly mind-depended reality that is grounded solely on our bodymind, or Dog's strictly mind-depended reality that is grounded solely on dog's bodymind? For Our reality is colorful, while Theirs is differ versions of black and white; as regards which exactly specific reality do you have faith in?
    Because there are as many realities as the sentient beings that conceive them😵
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Oct '17 18:41
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    Define reality, Kellyjay, and mind you:

Whose reality? The strictly mind-depended reality that is grounded solely on our bodymind, or Dog's strictly mind-depended reality that is grounded solely on dog's bodymind? For Our reality is colorful, while Theirs is differ versions of black and white; as regards which exactly specific reality do you have faith in?
    Because there are as many realities as the sentient beings that conceive them😵
    There’s reality and opinion about the way things are, Reality is not dependent upon anyone’s opinion it is what it is. Opinions are shaped by everyone’s take upon reality, which means it’s quite possible no one is getting it right.

We all see through the glass darkly our opinions change upon the introduction of new information, be it good or bad.

With the exception of God grasping reality isn’t as easy as you would think.
  13. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 09:49
    There’s reality and opinion about the way things are, Reality is not dependent upon anyone’s opinion it is what it is. Opinions are shaped by everyone’s take upon reality, which means it’s quite possible no one is getting it right.

We all see through the glass darkly our opinions change upon the introduction of new information, be it good or bad.

With the exception of God grasping reality isn’t as easy as you would think.
    I am asking you about reality, not about opinions. Whose Reality is Objectively True and Real?
    The Reality seen by the eye of the Man, or the Reality seen by the eye of the Dog?
    The Reality that is perceived and deciphered by the mind of the Man, or the Reality that is perceived and deciphered by the mind of the Dog?
    😵
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 10:041 edit
    Originally posted by @black-beetle
    I am asking you about reality, not about opinions. Whose Reality is Objectively True and Real?
    The Reality seen by the eye of the Man, or the Reality seen by the eye of the Dog?
    The Reality that is perceived and deciphered by the mind of the Man, or the Reality that is perceived and deciphered by the mind of the Dog?
    😵
    God sees things as they are, we don't have what it takes to truly grasp reality! We cannot
    even look at one another or listen to one another and grasp reality, instead our
    assumptions abound and we start to paint one another in our hearts making each out to
    be what we think people are, instead of what they really are. Perspectives of plants, dogs,
    birds, and people are just another word for looking at the universe through different lens,
    forming different opinions.

World views color the world the way we want, or believe them to be. Someone who hates
    another due to the X of another person is always going to see the worst in them,
    someone who loves isn't. To get a clear picture also requires a lot of knowledge not a
    point of view that has holes in it, or bad assumptions.

Outside of God, none of us have that ability for He sees it all, and designed it, as well
    as holds it all together.

Edit: Have you ever read "Watership Down"?
  15. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    27 Oct '17 11:00
    God sees things as they are, we don't have what it takes to truly grasp reality! We cannot
    even look at one another or listen to one another and grasp reality, instead our
    assumptions abound and we start to paint one another in our hearts making each out to
    be what we think people are, instead of what they really are. Perspectives of plants, dogs,
    bird ...[text shortened]... nd designed it, as well
    as holds it all together.

Edit: Have you ever read "Watership Down"?
    So, is it the case we do agree that indeed nobody's Reality is Objectively True and Real?

PS: No Kellyjay, I have not read that book.
    😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree