1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:49
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    .... delay is never beneficial.
    This bit of your post isn’t correct, imo.

Sometimes is good to consider a matter over a period of time. I’m sure there is a proverb about that.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 10:524 edits
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Sure it is. A mind which procrastinates gives decent thought to both sides of a debate.
    Procrastination is a useful step to understanding our mind and its complexities.

I'm afraid you are going to have to do better than " No. It isn't " to convince me.Lol
    I think you may be misunderstanding “procrastination”. Procrastination is a form of laziness born out of the mind’s desire to reprioritise less enjoyable tasks. It’s a bad habit of mine, but I (usually) get away with with because I’m a good “sprinter”.

Doesn’t mean your general thought here is wrong though, just how you view procrastination. Perhaps you are procrastinator who is in denial? 😉
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 11:00
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    I think you may be misunderstanding “procrastination”. Procrastination is a form of laziness born out of the minds desire to change reprioritise less enjoyable tasks. It’s me of my bad habits but I (usually) get away with with because I’m a good “sprinter”.
    I understand well enough.
    Procrastination can be a bad thing. Some decisions are easy to make and procrastination is a sign of indecisiveness or an unwillingness to engage.
    Most everything in life can be looked as either 'good' or 'bad' . I was taking the positive view to your honest post.
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 11:06
    I think you may be misunderstanding “procrastination”. Procrastination is a form of laziness born out of the mind’s desire to reprioritise less enjoyable tasks. It’s a bad habit of mine, but I (usually) get away with with because I’m a good “sprinter”.

Doesn’t mean your general thought here is wrong though, just how you view procrastination. Perhaps you are procrastinator who is in denial? 😉
    I have procrastinated on big life decisions. I knew the right thing to do but without procrastination I would not have made my eventual decisions so clearly.

I'm beyond procrastination now but found it a useful process for understanding myself at the time.
  5. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 12:38
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    I agree. Around 1 1/2 years ago I began a time consuming hobby of hand polishing Indonesian Black Amber. I believe the black on the surface is volcanic in origin. It is also the only black amber known. Slowly removing the black with sandpaper, a toothbrush and toothpaste is time consuming but as a balance is reached between the amber and the black material ...[text shortened]... . Knowledge of patience, understanding of patience, and wisdom of patience is the road. Namaste.
    A well demonstrated point.

It's not always the "destination" that's important. But the journey.
    Namaste.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 14:23
    So this is your contribution ?

A fine sentiment indeed. But how would you convince me that you actually know this path?
    Does everyone have to walk along the same one?
    That is not what I'm saying. Why add assumptions?

Once the path, whichever path is the subject, is known, the entire path, from beginning to end, it's known. Any further delay is useless, and therefore not beneficial. As my grandfather used to say, let's get this show on the road!
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 14:26
    This bit of your post isn’t correct, imo.

Sometimes is good to consider a matter over a period of time. I’m sure there is a proverb about that.
    Take it together, it's an "if-then". You cannot separate the components and still expect them to support each other.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 15:30
    Take it together, it's an "if-then". You cannot separate the components and still expect them to support each other.
    No, your statement “delay is never beneficial” is blatantly incorrect.
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 18:17
    Why this saying? I think because if you learn patience then you may learn the other virtues.

Agree? Ideas?
    "...when a player, upon system, consumes hours over moves when minutes might suffice, and depends, not upon out-manoeuvring, but out-sitting his antagonist, patience ceases to be a virtue..."

-Howard Staunton, inventor of the chess clock.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 19:57
    That is not what I'm saying. Why add assumptions?

Once the path, whichever path is the subject, is known, the entire path, from beginning to end, it's known. Any further delay is useless, and therefore not beneficial. As my grandfather used to say, let's get this show on the road!
    What did I assume? I asked questions
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 19:58
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    "...when a player, upon system, consumes hours over moves when minutes might suffice, and depends, not upon out-manoeuvring, but out-sitting his antagonist, patience ceases to be a virtue..."

-Howard Staunton, inventor of the chess clock.
    🙂
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 23:431 edit
    No, your statement “delay is never beneficial” is blatantly incorrect.
    That was not my ENTIRE statement.

It's a package deal.

Misquoting is dishonest, and you know that, Mr. Agenda.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 05:46
    That was not my ENTIRE statement.

It's a package deal.

Misquoting is dishonest, and you know that, Mr. Agenda.
    Oh I see, so when you said “delay is never beneficial” you meant it to convey another meaning?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 05:50
    Oh I see, so when you said [b]“delay is never beneficial” you meant it to convey another meaning?[/b]
    Perhaps she means 'delay is never beneficial except when it is'.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    30 Jun '18 23:52
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Perhaps she means 'delay is never beneficial except when it is'.
    NO.

What I meant was "Once the correct path is known, delay is never beneficial."

Oddly enough, this is exactly what I wrote. I know that is an unknown concept for you two, but it is rather common where I come from.

You can even turn it around, which is not always true with statements like this. "Delay is never beneficial, once the correct path is known." Leaving off the qualifier is not only dishonest, but speaks to your own agendas.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree