1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 02:09
    Why this saying? I think because if you learn patience then you may learn the other virtues.

Agree? Ideas?
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 02:11
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Why this saying? I think because if you learn patience then you may learn the other virtues.

Agree? Ideas?
    I like this, NEVER pray for endurance, you will more than likely be granted trials to learn
    endurance, instead pray for wisdom.
  3. Joined
    06 Nov '15
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 02:41
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    I like this, NEVER pray for endurance, you will more than likely be granted trials to learn
    Conversely, wisdom can also be obtained by the trials endurance provides.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 02:46

Agree? Ideas?
    Being proactive, forcing the pace, escalating, not being waylaid by delays and barriers ~ i.e. the opposite of "patience", perhaps ~ can all be virtues as well.

So, to update your OP:

Patience is maybe a virtue, sometimes. And sometimes it's probably not.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 03:02
    Originally posted by @fmf
    Being proactive, forcing the pace, escalating, not being waylaid by delays and barriers ~ i.e. the opposite of "patience", perhaps ~ can all be virtues as well.

So, to update your OP:

Patience is maybe a virtue, sometimes. And sometimes it's probably not.
    "patience is a virtue" is not my saying.
    One can be proactive and be patient . Deciciveness and bluntness are also reflections right-thinking which is learnt through patience ( and other things)
  6. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 03:04
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    Endurance ?

Not the same thing as patience .
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 03:26
    "patience is a virtue" is not my saying.
    One can be proactive and be patient . Deciciveness and bluntness are also reflections right-thinking which is learnt through patience ( and other things)
    So, you agree or disagree with what I said?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 03:32

Agree? Ideas?
    Perhaps if you give and example of what patience means to you within the frame of reference of your OP and we will have a better understand of what you are getting at?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:11
    So, you agree or disagree with what I said?
    I disagree. However I see the point you are making
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:13
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    Perhaps if you give and example of what patience means to you within the frame of reference of your OP and we will have a better understand of what you are getting at?
    eg. It's hard/impossible to learn other virtues without patience . Like chastity or tolerance
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:22
    I disagree. However I see the point you are making
    Disagree with what? I think what I said was about as uncontroversial and as bears-poo-in-the-woods as one can be.

Patience can be a virtue but it's not always the case.
  12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:27

Agree? Ideas?
    I agree. Around 1 1/2 years ago I began a time consuming hobby of hand polishing Indonesian Black Amber. I believe the black on the surface is volcanic in origin. It is also the only black amber known. Slowly removing the black with sandpaper, a toothbrush and toothpaste is time consuming but as a balance is reached between the amber and the black material it is quite relaxing and beautiful. Knowledge of patience, understanding of patience, and wisdom of patience is the road. Namaste.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:36
    Disagree with what? I think what I said was about as uncontroversial and as bears-poo-in-the-woods as one can be.

Patience can be a virtue but it's not always the case.
    I disagree that patience is sometimes not a virtue. Hence the saying
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:41
    Originally posted by @caissad4
    I agree. Around 1 1/2 years ago I began a time consuming hobby of hand polishing Indonesian Black Amber. I believe the black on the surface is volcanic in origin. It is also the only black amber known. Slowly removing the black with sandpaper, a toothbrush and toothpaste is time consuming but as a balance is reached between the amber and the black material ...[text shortened]... . Knowledge of patience, understanding of patience, and wisdom of patience is the road. Namaste.
    Yes I've been doing woodwork and it is impossible to do a good job without patience .

BTW 'Namaste' is like an international thing yeah? Well I'll just stick to 'cheers'
    Cheers Darlin'
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:48
    I disagree that patience is sometimes not a virtue. Hence the saying
    Sometimes "patience" is inappropriate and the wrong approach to take and therefore not a virtue.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree