1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 23:55
    @secondson said
    You're clueless. It doesn't work that way. That's wholesale hypocrisy.
    Whose is the hypocrisy? Pence's [or some similar postponed-repentance politician's]?
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    10 Jan '19 23:57
    @secondson said
    Just the sort of thing an atheist like you might think of.
    You don't think there are Christians who knowingly "sin" [according to their own terms of reference] while telling themselves they will repent, they will repent, they will repent etc.?
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 00:011 edit
    @secondson said
    You're clueless. It doesn't work that way.
    If a Christian like Mike Pence knowingly "bears false witness" for years and years because he sees it as a necessary/unavoidable part of his political activity, all along telling himself his "sin" will be absolved if he sincerely repents at a later stage in life, would that make him a "clueless" Christian, to your way of thinking?
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 07:16
    @secondson said
    You're clueless.
    And you don’t know what a metaphor is and you don’t even know if you believe in eternal suffering or not.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:00
    @suzianne said
    And it's exactly why Pascal's Wager does not work.
    Well, I for one know that if I were convinced there is no God I wouldn't live my life as though the possibility existed I could be wrong, even though, deep inside, I couldn't know absolutely that God didn't exist.
  6. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:05
    @divegeester said
    And you don’t know what a metaphor is and you don’t even know if you believe in eternal suffering or not.
    And your issue is you don't know what a metaphor is for.

I know what I believe. I believe what the Bible says, and it says the lost will suffer everlasting punishment whether you like it or not.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:09
    @fmf said
    If a Christian like Mike Pence knowingly "bears false witness" for years and years because he sees it as a necessary/unavoidable part of his political activity, all along telling himself his "sin" will be absolved if he sincerely repents at a later stage in life, would that make him a "clueless" Christian, to your way of thinking?
    Again, how many decades did you live like a clueless Christian?
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:15
    @fmf said
    You don't think there are Christians who knowingly "sin" [according to their own terms of reference] while telling themselves they will repent, they will repent, they will repent etc.?
    Is that what you did?
  9. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:19
    @fmf said
    Do you think it's a sin to deceive a deceiver?
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:22
    @secondson said
    I know what I believe. I believe what the Bible says, and it says the lost will suffer everlasting punishment whether you like it or not.
    And what does "everlasting punishment" mean to you?

Does it mean being conscious souls/people being thrown 'alive' into a lake of fire where the burning suffering will be everlasting?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:23
    @secondson said
    And your issue is you don't know what a metaphor is for.
    Weak!

Do you really want to embarrass yourself over this again?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:25

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:25
    @secondson said
    Do you think it's a sin to deceive a deceiver?
    Do you think it isn't?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:27
    @secondson said
    Well, I for one know that if I were convinced there is no God I wouldn't live my life as though the possibility existed I could be wrong, even though, deep inside, I couldn't know absolutely that God didn't exist.
    It is reassuring to the rest of us that your belief in an eternal torturing version of Jesus keeps you from behaviour in this life that you wish to avoid.
  15. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    11 Jan '19 08:51
    @divegeester said
    Do you think it isn't?
    No.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree