1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 04:58
    @philokalia said
    Honestly, the debates forum, due to the diversity of posters and thus greater sense of disinterest, is probably a more pleasant place than here,
    The first six months of 2018 here were a bit rough and unpleasant but the site's mods then finally banned perhaps the biggest cyber-creep this forum had ever seen, Romans1009. It's been much better since then.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 05:46
    @philokalia said
    Honestly, the debates forum, due to the diversity of posters and thus greater sense of disinterest, is probably a more pleasant place than here,
    Why are you tell us this?
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 07:321 edit
    @philokalia said
    We'd like to keep it that way, thanks.

Why are you so keen to unleash him from his self-exile here? This backwater forum could rot away and drop off the face of the planet, and I'd be hard-pressed to feel badly about it.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 08:31
    @secondson said
    Then you would feel right at home there.
    Can you explain how you can claim that deceiving a deceiver is not a sin?

Forget all the Whodey nonsense about hiding Jews from Nazis, just focus on the everyday principle.
  5. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 10:11
    @divegeester said
    Can you explain how you can claim that deceiving a deceiver is not a sin?

Forget all the Whodey nonsense about hiding Jews from Nazis, just focus on the everyday principle.
    If you have to ask, then any explanation would go over your head.

Suffice it to say, when dealing with a willful liar or deceiver, it's best not to impede his path into the ditch.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 10:55
    @secondson said
    If you have to ask, then any explanation would go over your head.

Suffice it to say, when dealing with a willful liar or deceiver, it's best not to impede his path into the ditch.
    As I suspected you can’t explain it, as it is with what you believe about eternal punishment, you can’t explain that either.

It’s no wonder you are not a teacher at your church and they leave you to do the taxiing and occasional “spiritual muscle”
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 19:18
    @divegeester said
    As I suspected you can’t explain it, as it is with what you believe about eternal punishment, you can’t explain that either.

It’s no wonder you are not a teacher at your church and they leave you to do the taxiing and occasional “spiritual muscle”
    I knew it would go over your head.

You're so bigoted you can't hear what people are telling you.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jan '19 19:48
    @secondson said
    I knew it would go over your head.

You're so bigoted you can't hear what people are telling you.
    If believing that allows you to feel better about yourself, then I’m happy for you Joseph .
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 05:31
    @secondson said
    Do you think it's a sin to deceive a deceiver?
    How does your own answer to this question link to the case of Mike Pence and the question in the OP?
  10. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 11:49
    @fmf said
    How does your own answer to this question link to the case of Mike Pence and the question in the OP?
    Ah! The missing link. The one you're missing. The link that opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.

How disingenuous can you be? You deny the existence of the supernatural, yet presume to think you can ask questions with regards to the faith and conduct of a believer in Jesus Christ.

There's a disconnect in your being. You're missing the link, and you can ask questions from here to forever and you'll never arrive at spiritual clarity relative to the effect of the supernatural on the natural.

Isn't this where you pull the Flying Spaghetti Monster card out of you sleeve?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 11:51
    @secondson said
    How disingenuous can you be? You deny the existence of the supernatural, yet presume to think you can ask questions with regards to the faith and conduct of a believer in Jesus Christ.
    Oh...so now only people who have a belief in the supernatural can ask you a question about your beliefs, is that it?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 14:26
    @divegeester said
    Oh...so now only people who have a belief in the supernatural can ask you a question about your beliefs, is that it?
    No you moron. Only people who are born again can know the spirit of God.

You're a biblically ignorant knob.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 17:30
    @secondson said
    Ah! The missing link. The one you're missing. The link that opens and no one shuts, and shuts and no one opens.

There's a disconnect in your being. You're missing the link, and you can ...[text shortened]... al on the natural.

Isn't this where you pull the Flying Spaghetti Monster card out of you sleeve?
    When you asked me "Do you think it's a sin to deceive a deceiver?" in response to the OP, in what way did you think it addressed the question about Christian politicians such as Mike Pence?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 18:02
    @secondson said

Here’s what you said Josephw

“How disingenuous can you be? You deny the existence of the supernatural, yet presume to think you can ask questions with regards to the faith and conduct of a believer in Jesus Christ.”

I think what’s really grinding your gears, and incidentally bringing out your true self, is people asking you spot on questions about your beliefs which you don’t like answering.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 Jan '19 18:03
    @secondson said

“Moron”

“Knob”

😲

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree