1. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Aug '18 02:123 edits
    Jesus was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    (John 1:9 KJV)
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Aug '18 02:25
    For when the Gentiles, which have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: (Romans 2:14 KJV)
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    24 Aug '18 02:34
    Ignorance dissipates. There is nowhere left to hide.

This is a great blessing for the pure in heart. Their suffering shall not go unheeded in the house of the Lord.

This a great curse on all those who are evil in their hearts. Their manipulative and selfish ways shall not be forgotten by those they have wronged.

For the rest; give freely to those who seem less fortunate than you.

Fear not.
  4. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 15:52
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Jesus was the true Light, which [b]lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
    (John 1:9 KJV)
    [/b]
    You are exegetically challenged, and you are unable to say what you mean in plain English.

It appears you're suggesting that because Jesus is the true light and had come into the world that somehow that makes people "basically good".

Read the entire context cherry picker.

Verses 10-13
    He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
    He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
    But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
    Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

One must recieve Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 17:48
    Originally posted by @secondson
    One must receive Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil.
    After people "receive" Jesus, are they no longer "inherently evil"?
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 17:52
    You are exegetically challenged, and you are unable to say what you mean in plain English.

It appears you're suggesting that because Jesus is the true light and had come into the world that somehow that makes people "basically good".

Read the entire context cherry picker.

Verses 10-13
    He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the ...[text shortened]... of God.

One must [b]recieve
    Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil.[/b]
    Wow, you are so smart and you know so much. I wish I were as bright as you. The only little flaw in your logic and its really a small one is that the the Bible says no such thing Thats it .. no big deal really for Christians like you who follow after your church doctrine and ignore the Bible

Nowhere would you find this statement : ... One must recieve Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil.]. In fact the bible says that there are some who know nothing of Jesus or even God and they still do the works of the law and they live according to their conscience. They are in fact capable of being good and doing good and many do succeed. God will judge these people and some will enter the Kingdom of God.

Actually the very first passage which I quoted says that this light of Christ is in every man. The fact that some people knew him not does not mean that they did not have the light of Christ in them.

In fact I can state that YOU do not know Christ. You and your type of Christian have constantly denied the teachings of Christ pertaining to good works and righteousness. You are therefore not sons of God.
  7. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 19:41
    Originally posted by @fmf
    After people "receive" Jesus, are they no longer "inherently evil"?
    Not in God's eyes.
  8. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 20:05
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Wow, you are so smart and you know so much. I wish I were as bright as you. The only little flaw in your logic and its really a small one is that the the Bible says no such thing Thats it .. no big deal really for Christians like you who follow after your church doctrine and ignore the Bible

Nowhere would you find this statement : [i]... One must recie ...[text shortened]... achings of Christ pertaining to good works and righteousness. You are therefore not sons of God.
    Everything you said in your post above is inherently false.

Take for example this statement: "Actually the very first passage which I quoted says that this light of Christ is in every man."

Verse 9 of John 1 does not say that the "light of Christ is in every man."

You are full of blubbering nonsense.

Only a fool would think they have the light of Christ if they have not recieved Jesus and are born again.

The scriptures are clear, and your continued insistence on making false claims about what the Word actually says reveals the fact that you are a lying pharisaical hypocrite, and a tare hiding among the wheat.
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 20:31
    Not in God's eyes.
    If you knew Jesus you would know that the single most critical thing for Him is that you follow His commandments. So if your definition of receiving Jesus = following His commandments then you are correct. But if your 'receiving Jesus' means accepting with your mouth, professing his name or saying that you believe that He was resurrected then you and your church doctrine are astray. .
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Aug '18 20:46
    Everything you said in your post above is inherently false.

Take for example this statement: "Actually the very first passage which I quoted says that this light of Christ is in every man."

Verse 9 of John 1 does not say that the "light of Christ is [b]in
    every man."

You are full of blubbering nonsense.

Only a fool would think they have th ...[text shortened]... reveals the fact that you are a lying pharisaical hypocrite, and a tare hiding among the wheat.[/b]
    The blubbering nonsense is what is preached by corrupt pastors to the ignorant masses that just have to profess their faith and they are saved eternally.

As for the tares they are the goats who did no good works and are cast out of the Kingdom of God.The wheat or good seed are the sheep who will enter the Kingdom of God.

The criteria for entry into the Kingdom of God is good works and righteousness. The light of Christ is in every man and all people know good from evil.

Jesus said if you want eternal life, then keep the commandments.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 00:43
    FMF: After people "receive" Jesus, are they no longer "inherently evil"?

Not in God's eyes.
    You said "One must receive Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil." So, if "not in God's eyes", you mean to say that after one "receives" Jesus people are no longer "inherently evil" in human eyes?
  12. Standard memberSecondSon
    Sinner
    Saved by grace
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 02:31
    Originally posted by @fmf
    You said "One must receive Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil." So, if "not in God's eyes", you mean to say that after one "receives" Jesus people are no longer "inherently evil" in human eyes?
    Rajk is saying "people are basically good", and quoted John 1:9 to support that assertion.

Rajk is wrong both in the assertion that people are basically good, and in his biblical reference to support that assertion.

You claim to have been a Christian for many years. I wonder if you even read through the Bible once considering the level of ignorance you display by such sophomoric questions.

This thread has yet to reach page two and you've lost it already. Go back and read the bloody ignorant posts by the troll and try to ask him a simple question and see what you get. You won't, but it would be entertaining to see.
  13. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 02:39
    Rajk is saying "people are basically good", and quoted John 1:9 to support that assertion.

Rajk is wrong both in the assertion that people are basically good, and in his biblical reference to support that assertion.

You claim to have been a Christian for many years. I wonder if you even read through the Bible once considering the level of ignorance ...[text shortened]... ask him a simple question and see what you get. You won't, but it would be entertaining to see.
    You have dodged my question and tried to deflect with personal remarks.

You said "One must receive Jesus otherwise one remains in the dark and inherently evil." In whose eyes are people no longer "inherently evil", to your way of thinking?
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 02:576 edits

You claim to have been a Christian for many years. I wonder if you even read through the Bible once considering the level of ignorance ...[text shortened]... ask him a simple question and see what you get. You won't, but it would be entertaining to see.
    Question: Do you include the innocent, ie: children in your assessment? Are children also inherently NOT good?

I agree with the thread title: people are basically good at the time of birth . However being born into a corrupt world where most often the prejudices and evils are passed onto the children often with the best (yet misplaced) intentions it easy to see why some may quickly throw out the baby with the bathwater.

A friend told me this: If you commit a sin, the first time (you are conscious of it) is a mistake .. The second time it is a decision. This encapsulates the difference between evil and ignorance.

People are easily mislead including the way they understand spirituality and even the pure ones like Jesus.
    Jesus wanted us to atone for ourselves in this life. Those who understand His words are blessed for those words can never be forgotten or compromised.

All will enter the kingdom of heaven as children. They will be joyous, full of humor and mirth but unlike children they will have full control of their destinies. They wont seek to manipulate the world or their loved ones because they will understand that spirituality is not forced on anyone. The word of God is suggested to all and is fluid while never being wrong. The Lord does not want your allegience like anyone in this world. The Lord gives you his word in a way that, until you understand His word for yourself by living its truth of it, you may take refuge in It and be protected as long as you keep the commandments at all times.
    I am just starting to find my own voice proper. It has been through a few different manifestations on this forum over the years. I give thanks to Russ and the mods for not muting it. It may be a small audience that hears it but it is no coincidence that they do.

Cheers all
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Aug '18 03:19
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I am just starting to find my own voice proper. It has been through a few different manifestations on this forum over the years.
    You were more interesting, more engaging, more generous of spirit, and seemed more genuine with the voice you had before.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree