1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 07:06
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    No. Thee and thou shows more reverence than you and your. Both are in the Bible. Neither is archaic.
    "You" is the plural, "thou" is the singular in archaic English.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 08:32
    No. Thee and thou shows more reverence than you and your. Both are in the Bible. Neither is archaic.
    Matthew 16:23
    But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

So can I take it that Jesus was showing reverence to Satan?
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 10:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Matthew 16:23
    But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

So can I take it that Jesus was showing reverence to Satan?
    Ok you win.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 12:412 edits
    - Jesus never said anything about a personal relationship with him [unless you show me otherwise]

This is a personal relationship -

"He who has My commandments and keeps them, he is the one who loves Me; ..." (John 14:21)

Notice that it is not to be self loving or loving one's own good doing. Jesus said it is love with Jesus... "... he is the one who loves Me."

It doesn't stop there. The "Me" is present with the believer and will manifest Himself to the believer. This is a "personal relationship". " ... and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will manifest Myself to him." (See John 14:21) .

For Jesus and His Father to make an abode with His lovers is certainly a personal relationship.

"Jesus answered and said to him, If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word, and My Father will love him and We will come to him and make an abode with him." (v.23)

To be an abode of the Triune God - the Father and the Son as the Divine "We" has to be explained as a "personal relationship" .

In the same chapter for Jesus to say that He as "the Spirit of truth [reality]" , the "Another Comforter" is coming to the disciples is a "personal relationship".

" ... the Spirit of reality, whom the world cannot receive, because it does not behold Him or know Him; but you know Him, because He abides with you and shall be in you.

I will not leave you as orphans; I AM COMING TO YOU." (vs. 16-18 my emphasis)

Rajk999 may be drifting off into "blah, blah, blah, blah" boredom mind if he bothers reading this. But stay with the word readers.

For Jesus to say "I am coming to you" is certainly for a "personal relationship."
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 12:441 edit
    We should not wait to tell the Lord Jesus that we love Him. We do not have to wait for the approval of someone like Rajk999 who gives us the OK that Christ's commandments are being kept. We should tell the Lord Jesus that we love Him at every opportunity. Who says love can only come after the religionists gives us the nod that we are keeping commandments?

"He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)

How can that not be a "personal relationship" ? The believer's human spirit is joined to the Holy Spirit to be one mingled spirit. It is the joining of mingling. It is the joining of Christ living in me. It is very subjective and personal.

Don't let Rajk999 flash "COMMANDMENTS!, COMMANDMENTS!, COMMANDMENTS!" at you while denigrating our being joined to the Lord in the innermost being and Christ living in us.

In the next chapter 15 we can see that the most important commandment is to ABIDE in Him. That is to locate His presence in our innermost being and linger there, remain there, log more and more time in His presence in everything.

"I am the true vine, and My Father is the husbandman ... Abide in Me and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither can you unless you abide in Me" (v.1,4)

That is very much a "personal relationship". For His eternal purpose we can do nothing unless we abide in Him.

"I am the vine; you are the branches. He who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit; for apart from Me you can do nothing." (v.5)

If the "blah, blah, blah, blah" man responds to this post, I already know pretty much what he will say and what he will argue.

The point is that "personal relationship" is an appropriate expression to explain how Paul can say:

"For I through the law have died to the law that I might live to God. I am crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but it is Christ who lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live in faith, the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me." (Gal. 2:19,20)

Can't you hear the "personal relationship" with Christ in Paul's words? Jesus Christ "who loved me and gave Himself up for me.". That is personal. And of course for Paul to say Christ lives in him is exceedingly personal.

I could go on all day on this point. "What personal relationship?" poppycock of the legalist makes no sense. Paul's final word in the New Testament was to remind Timothy that the Lord Jesus was WITH Timothy's innermost being.

Second Timothy 4:22 - Paul's concluding word in the New Testament - " The Lord be with your spirit. Grace be with you."

IE. "Timothy, whatever you do remember your personal relationship with Jesus Christ. There is the grace. There is the power. There is all the ability to be a man of God. The Lord be with your spirit."
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 14:211 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    We should not wait to tell the Lord Jesus that we love Him. We do not have to wait for the approval of someone like Rajk999 who gives us the OK that Christ's commandments are being kept. We should tell the Lord Jesus that we love Him at every opportunity. Who says love can only come after the religionists gives us the nod that we are keeping commandments?
    ...[text shortened]... There is the power. There is all the ability to be a man of God. The Lord be with your spirit."
    Two posts of fluff. You are trying to cover A VERY important doctrine with bull$$hitt and personal nonsense.

The only personal relationship which is suggested in the Bible is as follows:

OBEY CHRIST
    THEN
    CHRIST WILL MAKE HIS ABODE WITH YOU.

Saying you love Christ while at the same time disobeying his commandments is worthless.
    I can provide references for that if you wish.

OBEDIENCE TO THE COMMANDMENTS OF CHRIST COME FIRST
    THEN COMES THE PERSONAL RELATIONSHIP.

Otherwise all you have is a relationship with yourself and your imagination.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 21:424 edits
    Two posts of fluff. You are trying to cover A VERY important doctrine with bull$$hitt and personal nonsense.

OBEY CHRIST
    THEN

Saying you love Christ while at the same time disobeying his commandments is worthless.
    I can provide ref ...[text shortened]... AL RELATIONSHIP.

Otherwise all you have is a relationship with yourself and your imagination.

Oops. "Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth" (Eph. 4:29)

Lost your elevator salvation for this evening again with writing corrupt profanity. You now must be lost forever again.

Better luck tomorrow.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    16 Aug '14 21:561 edit

Oops. [b]"Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth" (Eph. 4:29)

Lost your elevator salvation for this evening again with writing corrupt profanity. You now must be lost forever again.

Better luck tomorrow.[/b]
    I have no clue what this elevator salvation nonsense is about.
    I never ever say who gains or loses salvation or eternal life.
    I never ever say who is saved and who is not saved.

Why do I not do that?
    That is the job of Christ.
    All I do is to point to the correct teachings of Christ.

All Christians wait in hope of eternal life.
    In the meantime Christians attempt to live righteously as Christ did.

As for this topic, you have contributed nothing of value.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 02:231 edit
    I have no clue what this elevator salvation nonsense is about.
    I never ever say who gains or loses salvation or eternal life.
    I never ever say who is saved and who is not saved.

Why do I not do that?
    That is the job of Christ.
    All I do is to point to the correct teachings of Christ.

All Christians wait in hope of eternal life.
    In the meantime Chri ...[text shortened]... to live righteously as Christ did.

As for this topic, you have contributed nothing of value.
    If you scratch your head at "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" I don't care what you teach.

Its just some macho religious legalism devoid of life.
    If you have no clue of what a personal relationship with Jesus is, I can learn exactly nothing from you.
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 02:52
    If you scratch your head at "personal relationship with Jesus Christ" I don't care what you teach.

Its just some macho religious legalism devoid of life.
    If you have no clue of what a personal relationship with Jesus is, I can learn exactly nothing from you.
    You are a very stupid man. The Bible says what a personal relationship is about and you quoted similar passages. It is about following Christ and obeying his commandments ..ONLY THEN you abide in Christ, and Christ in you.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 03:41
    Just wondering:

- what this statement means
    - where is it in the Bible

Thanks to any Christian willing to explain.
    Just so I know, what do you think "personal relationship" means?
    I'm going to write on this tomorrow when I have more time if you answer
    this or not. Just currious, it seems like you dislike the term and I cannot
    for the life of me grasp why that would be. I maybe off base there too,
    so sorry if I am!
    Kelly
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 04:231 edit
    Just wondering:

- what this statement means
    - where is it in the Bible

Thanks to any Christian willing to explain.
    "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

(Zechariah 12:10 NASB)

If you have never mourned and wept over Jesus, then you have never had a personal relationship with Him.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 08:10
    You are a very stupid man. The Bible says what a personal relationship is about and you quoted similar passages. It is about following Christ and obeying his commandments ..ONLY THEN you abide in Christ, and Christ in you.
    It is about both.

You want to change the passages into the Old Testament book of Exodus and Deuteronomy style Law keeping for justification.

You're stupidity keeps imagining that abiding and personal relationship is somehow verses obedience.

Any so-called Bible teacher coming to me scratching his head saying he doesn't understand what a personal relationship with Jesus is all about, I have no use for.

You go boast that you have no idea what a personal relationship with Jesus is. I'll go with "He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit" (1 Cor. 6:17)
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 12:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    so sorry if I am!
    Kelly
    I posted this already to sonship :

OBEY CHRIST
    THEN
    I can provide references for that if you wish.

SO that answers your first question. A relationship is two parties doing something that the other wants/needs.

Of course I dislike the term. I have an aversion for terms and expressions not in the Bible, becuase people abuse these by using the term to change the meaning of the Bible doctrine, use it to separate themselves and claim some kind or superiority. 'Personal relationship with Christ' is just such a term.

Looking forward to your reply.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 14:49
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    so sorry if I am!
    Kelly
    He covets your walk with Jesus because he has none himself.

So rather than follow his own words, to achieve his own walk with Jesus, he aims to deny your walk with Jesus in order to make himself feel better. It's sad, really. All he has to do is answer the door Jesus is knocking upon, but he is so trapped in his own ignorance that he can't even do that, so he limits himself further to bad-mouthing everyone else.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree