1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 Aug '14 14:51
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    "I will pour out on the house of David and on the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of grace and of supplication, so that they will look on Me whom they have pierced; and they will mourn for Him, as one mourns for an only son, and they will weep bitterly over Him like the bitter weeping over a firstborn.

(Zechariah 12:10 NASB)

If you have never mourned and wept over Jesus, then you have never had a personal relationship with Him.
    This is good, Ron. Everyone has their own walk with Jesus, no two people walk the exact same path. That's why it's called a personal relationship with Him.
  2. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 10:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I posted this already to sonship :

The only personal relationship which is suggested in the Bible is as follows:
    OBEY CHRIST
    THEN
    CHRIST WILL MAKE HIS ABODE WITH YOU.
    Saying you love Christ while at the same time disobeying his commandments is worthless.
    I can provide references for that if you wish.

SO that answers your first questio ...[text shortened]... rity. 'Personal relationship with Christ' is just such a term.

Looking forward to your reply.
    Thank you for your reply, I should have something for you later today.
    Kelly
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    18 Aug '14 13:527 edits
  4. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    19 Aug '14 12:16
    Two posts of fluff. You are trying to cover A VERY important doctrine with bull$$hitt and personal nonsense.

The only personal relationship which is suggested in the Bible is as follows:

OBEY CHRIST
    THEN
    CHRIST WILL MAKE HIS ABODE WITH YOU.

Saying you love Christ while at the same time disobeying his commandments is worthless.
    I can provide ref ...[text shortened]... AL RELATIONSHIP.

Otherwise all you have is a relationship with yourself and your imagination.
    I understand obeying Christ, it is our privilege and honor to walk with Him.
    I heard someone say once that our helping others is a gift from God to us!
    It is obeying God we love Him, and those He has put in our lives too we are
    to care for. As it goes, how can we say we love God who we do not see,
    when we cannot love those we do. We are called to love God, but that
    would be a very difficult thing indeed if we didn’t have the opportunity to at
    least get to know Him in the here and now.

In my opinion, God is the very best part of Christianity, those that miss
    Him, just miss out on the very essence of life itself. There is nothing
    sweeter than being in God’s Holy presence!

Matthew 11:29 (NIV)
    29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Nothing He gives us is overly burdensome, He is not a harsh task master
    but One who cares for us and knows all there is to know about us. He
    numbers the very hairs on our heads, He is our shield, our exceedingly
    great reward.

John 10:14-15New International Version (NIV)
    14 “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father—and I lay down my life for the sheep.

We are to know the Lord, He laid down His life for us! It is difficult to follow
    God if you don’t have a clue who or where He is in our lives.

John 17:25-26
    “Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them.”

It is God reaching down to us, finding us where we are sharing Himself with
    us that is personal, it is our most precious relationship we could possibly
    have, and by that it is also in my opinion our plumb line in how we should
    be viewing all other things in life. If God loves those in my life I should too,
    if God gives me the ability to help those around me, it is a gift God has
    given me. If I am to suffer for doing right, that too should be taken as a
    gift. If I screw up and harm another, I need to go to them and make it
    right if I can. Our personal relationship isn’t something that sets us apart
    from all others, it is the glue that connects us to all others.
    Kelly
  5. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:06
    Just wondering:

- what this statement means
    - where is it in the Bible

Thanks to any Christian willing to explain.
    The statement itself may not be found in the scripture, but it is found all thought the Gospels by way of the relationship Jesus had with His Apostles.

To me, the personal relationship is with the Father. Jesus constantly, in word and action teaches us to "go to the Father" .
  6. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:11
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    when we cannot love those we do. We are called to love G ...[text shortened]... thing that sets us apart
    Kelly
    Indeed KellyJay, there IS nothing sweeter than BEING IN GOD'S HOLY PRESENCE!!!!

Your statement was made by knowing!!! Yes, Very good!
  7. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:25
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    when we cannot love those we do. We are called to love G ...[text shortened]... thing that sets us apart
    Kelly
    I agree with your version of what the expression 'personal relationship with Christ' means and what you say is in line with Bible teachings. However you might notice that sonship has another definition, which focuses on outward signs of faith whereas the bible speaks of changes in the inward man.

Now here is the point. There is a phobia among some Christians when it comes to stating that good works is important or even required for eternal life. But these same Christians have no problem stating that a 'personal relationship' is essential.

And what is a personal relationship? It is good works. What you have written proves that. To have a personal relationship with Christ = following after charity and good works.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:26
    Originally posted by Pudgenik
    The statement itself may not be found in the scripture, but it is found all thought the Gospels by way of the relationship Jesus had with His Apostles.

To me, the personal relationship is with the Father. Jesus constantly, in word and action teaches us to "go to the Father" .
    Thanks for that Pudgenik. Some say just reciting 'I love Jesus' is what a personal relationship is about. Im not sure the Bible says that.
  9. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:30
    I agree with your version of what the expression 'personal relationship with Christ' means and what you say is in line with Bible teachings. However you might notice that sonship has another definition, which focuses on outward signs of faith whereas the bible speaks of changes in the inward man.

Now here is the point. There is a phobia among some Christi ...[text shortened]... es that. To have a personal relationship with Christ = following after charity and good works.
    A personal relationship is being in love with God
  10. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:38
    A personal relationship is being in love with God
    Being in love yes. Not just saying it.
  11. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:47
    Being in love yes. Not just saying it.
    Rajk999, I know that you pray, strive to become the prayer. Put your love of Jesus into the prayer and be one with God.
  12. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:52
    Rajk999, I know that you pray, strive to become the prayer. Put your love of Jesus into the prayer and be one with God.
    I agree. And to be one with God is the same as being 'one with God' the way Christ said he was one with God. ie by doing Gods will.

Many people are not saying that here [You and KJ are the exceptions]
  13. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 00:53
    I agree. And to be one with God is the same as being 'one with God' the way Christ said he was one with God. ie by doing Gods will.

Many people are not saying that here [You and KJ are the exceptions]
    My message was to you, personally. I typed it here publically.
  14. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 01:01
    My message was to you, personally. I typed it here publically.
    Well thanks for the advice.
  15. Standard memberKellyJayonline
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    20 Aug '14 02:221 edit

Now here is the point. There is a phobia among some Christi ...[text shortened]... es that. To have a personal relationship with Christ = following after charity and good works.
    As I have pointed out to you countless times, I believe we are very close
    in what we believe along those lines. That said, there is danger as you do
    describe it, saying you love the Lord and nothing in your life reflects it, and
    just as deadly, proving you love the Lord, but not knowing Him. Neither will
    see you to the end as Jesus pointed out to those that said, "In your name
    we did ....X" then Jesus said, "I never knew you..." so the trouble as I see
    this, and this is MY OPINION! People who argue your and sonship's sides
    can both can be right about what they are going on about, and both miss
    the boat so to speak.

What good is having good works if you don't know the Lord, what good is
    there saying know the Lord if you don't follow His commands in loving Him,
    and those around us?

Please neither of you take what I just said as suggesting neither of you are
    not right with God, that is between you and God, not you and me.
    Kelly

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree