1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 09:25
    @divegeester said
    You don’t have one example related to spirituality?
    The entire subject is related to spirituality.

Feel free to claim that placing blame is more 'spiritual' than taking responsibility.

I refuse to be suckered in to answering superficial questions like "Who in this forum, do you think embodies the concept of 'placing blame' and who embodies the concept of 'taking responsibility?" It would be enough, if someone who sees themselves in what I wrote would take a moment for self-rumination on the subject. I am not their accuser or their judge or their conscience.

As always, YMMV.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 09:31
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    If your argument is that I haven't approached my subject from the correct direction, feel free to write your own editorial on the subject. If, on the other hand, you want to write about a totally different subject, be my guest.

"Those who can, do.
    Those who can't, criticize."
  3. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 11:10
    @kellyjay said
    The anonymous nature of the Internet doesn't make anyone say anything! It just shows the vile nature within some people, who they really are.
    Do you think your bit of banter on the previous page was "vile" and displayed "vile nature"?
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 13:22
    @ThinkOfOne

You seem to be claiming that you believe that the propitiatory sacrifice of Jesus atoned for all the sins of Christians and non-Christians alike.

Taking in the rest of what the New Testament teaches, that "seems" to be saying is adjusted.

It is obvious from the entire NT that the potential for everyone to be propitiated for is available. I think some wanting to misunderstand might misunderstand.

Didn't know that you had that belief in common with Rajk999.

Now you should know that you were mistaken in that if you thought that. The question is would you prefer to continue to be mistaken.

And one verse quoted is not usually meant to say EVERYTHING.

Be that as it may,

But it is not. So forget it.

you seem to have missed the point.

My post probably was targeting YOUR comment. And the OP I was not tending to. I think you chimed in with something that I would respond to.

[quote[
    Some of the many flaws of the gospel in which you believe were delineated in the OP. [/quote]

Flaws in people's experience of the Gospel in limited ways are not "flaws in the Gospel".

Your so called "corrections" are worst - atheist.

The gospel preached by Jesus while He walked the Earth is about taking responsibility for ones righteousness.

Propitiation for our sins and responsibility are not the two diametrically opposed teachings. That is a false dichotomy that you nourish as excuse to teach "another Jesus".

There is nothing in the pure New Testament putting forgiveness over against the sense of responsibility.

The gospel in which you believe is about placing the blame and responsibility for ones righteousness on others.

Propitiation for sins, redemption, reconciliation, and forgiveness are not VERSES man's responsibility.

That a false dichotomy you peddle as excuse to teach a humanistic "another Jesus".
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Oct '19 17:48

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 12:34
    Yes, it is indeed used in meditation. Zen Master Dogen however wrote (in the Fukanzazengi) :

“You should therefore cease from practice based on intellectual understanding, pursuing words and following after speech, and learn the backward step that turns your light inwardly to illuminate your self." - But he further explained, " No self sits and the moon illuminates the landscape while we cultivate the empty field."

So, although 'turning the light inward' is practiced during meditation and is not in itself about intellectual moralising, the desired outcome is still the cultivating of our own fields, our own moral being and integrity.
  7. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 15:10
    I think you are yourself approaching Zen from the outside and not fully comprehending 'turn the light inward.'

Or as Zen Master Hui Hai said, it is "the ultimate purity" because "it is a state of beyond purity and impurity."
  8. Joined
    23 Nov '09
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 19:30

9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    16 Oct '19 22:08
    Well I don't wish the same for you and yours.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 00:38
    @kellyjay said
    Well I don't wish the same for you and yours.
    It is interesting that you engage a poster like Kegge and yet your pride won't let you engage me.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 18:071 edit

12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 18:42
    @suzianne said
    The entire subject is related to spirituality.
    So atheists cannot “place blame versus taking responsibility”?

Once more you blither with the best.
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 18:45
    @fmf said
    It is interesting that you engage a poster like Kegge and yet your pride won't let you engage me.
    Or me.

But that’s because KellyJay prefers to play the victim in front of Kegge rather than engage in debate with the regulars in this forum who disagree with his furlball arguments.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 18:48
    @suzianne said
    It would be enough, if someone who sees themselves in what I wrote would take a moment for self-rumination on the subject. I am not their accuser or their judge or their conscience.
    You have accused myself and others of “destroying this website” by disagreeing with some of your forum buddies. You’ve said worse too.

Do you ever “take a moment for self-reflection” on your behaviour in here at times?
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    17 Oct '19 18:49

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree