1. Gangster Land
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 01:58
    Originally posted by Tooner
    Well, I would hardly think the masses demonstrate relevance. AOL is still the number one ISP, which proves the masses are idiots.

Besides, since the number two religion is Islam, would I only be half as likely to go to hell if I'm Islamic?
    Furthermore, Islam is growing faster and will likely eclipse Christianity in number of adherants in just a matter of a few years.

Does this mean God will start sending Christians to hell as soon as there is a new majority?

TheSkipper
  2. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 01:58
    Originally posted by TheSkipper
    Ok, you need to start using the reply and quote button so that I know what idea you are talking about.

I assume you are refrencing my assertion that "Our creator" could mean anyone. I still stand by that claim. For one thing, if the founders had meant infer the Christian god, why not just say "God"?

TheSkipper
    ...........Maybe they figured that "our Creator" could be easily identified as God.
  3. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:01
    Furthermore, Islam is growing faster and will likely eclipse Christianity in number of adherants in just a matter of a few years.

Does this mean God will start sending Christians to hell as soon as there is a new majority?

TheSkipper
    God cannot send true Christians to hell, because they have asked him to forgive them of their sins and save them from eternal suffering (hell)........This is the only way to get to heaven, which is my opinion, which can be backed by the Bible.....
  4. Gangster Land
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:02
    Originally posted by Ironstar
    ...........Maybe they figured that "our Creator" could be easily identified as God.
    Maybe they wanted to be inclusive and wrote a document that would have deep meaning to everyone who read it rather than just the Christians.

However, you are welcome to assume it is in reference to the Christian God just as I am welcome to assume it is in reference to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Like I said before, it was left intentionally vague.

TheSkipper
  5. Gangster Land
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:04
    God cannot send true Christians to hell, because they have asked him to forgive them of their sins and save them from eternal suffering (hell)........This is the only way to get to heaven, which is my opinion, which can be backed by the Bible.....
    Have you read the The Holy Qur'an? Turns out it makes similar claims. Did you compare the two before picking a religion or did you just jump on the first bandwagon that came recruiting?

TheSkipper
  6. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:06
    Maybe they wanted to be inclusive and wrote a document that would have deep meaning to everyone who read it rather than just the Christians.

However, you are welcome to assume it is in reference to the Christian God just as I am welcome to assume it is in reference to the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Like I said before, it was left intentionally vague.

TheSkipper
    You might have misunderstood what I was saying.....I never said you were wrong about the spaghetti monster, or whatever........My belief is that God created us in his own image, as it states in Genesis 1: 26-27.....

"The LORD said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.' So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." (Gen. 1:26,27)

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.....
  7. USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:09
    "... God created us in his own image, as it states in Genesis 1: 26-27"

I love that quote. Particularly when I think of how man evolved from something less-than-man. (And there's certainly more proof of that than what the bible proposes!)

Maybe God's a monkey?

Or, more likely the intent of Gen1 is that we're created in his image, but not necessarily in a physical sense, but a spiritual one. We are all gods, so-to-speak. Each of us are a piece of the whole. Even the most staunch scientist will agree with that.
  8. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:10
    Have you read the The Holy Qur'an? Turns out it makes similar claims. Did you compare the two before picking a religion or did you just jump on the first bandwagon that came recruiting?

TheSkipper
    Romans 6:23 states:

"For the wages of sin is death (hell); but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

This means that accepting Jesus as you master and savior guarantees you a spot in heaven.

Is there a similar verse in the Qu'ran?
  9. USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:11
    "The LORD said, 'Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.'
    And also over woman, if you were to follow the bible so literally.

see: http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible7.htm
  10. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:15
    And also over woman, if you were to follow the bible so literally.

see: http://www.nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkbible7.htm
    the phrase "man" includes all human beings, male and female.......besides, God created man and woman to be equal.....
  11. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:17
    the phrase "man" includes all human beings, male and female.......besides, God created man and woman to be equal.....
    Let's get back to the Pledge. What's the worst that could happen if the reference to God was taken out?
  12. USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:18
    ... and really, who can take at face value ANYTHING said in the bible. With the emmense corruption of text (intentional or just mis-annotating). Some of the hundreds of changes since conception can be found here:

http://www.av1611.org/biblecom.html

Just research a bit and you'll see how much the bible has been corrupted by christians, mostly in various councils.
  13. USA
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:20
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Let's get back to the Pledge. What's the worst that could happen if the reference to God was taken out?
    No doubt! This focus on religion is such a dead-end arguement! So many christians are brain-washed so it's kind of a waste of time to try to enlighten them.

Personally, I can't wait for the Rapture. Imagine the 1000 years or so of peace we'll have because of it. Think it's related?

}8-)
  14. Lisbon
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:21
    "... God created us in his own image, as it states in Genesis 1: 26-27"

I love that quote. Particularly when I think of how man evolved from something less-than-man. (And there's certainly more proof of that than what the bible proposes!)

Maybe God's a monkey?

Or, more likely the intent of Gen1 is that we're created in his image, but not necessaril ...[text shortened]... Each of us are a piece of the whole. Even the most staunch scientist will agree with that.
    You need more faith (blind faith) to believe in evolution than to believe in God the creator.

Does life come from non-life? Has it been proven?

Did "nothing" turn into matter? Has it been proven?

Well, just the opposite, since both would contradict science laws.

If nevertheless both things happened, then it could only be caused by someone that created the laws.

Regards
  15. Club 64
    Moves
    12 Sep '06 02:22
    ... and really, who can take at face value ANYTHING said in the bible. With the emmense corruption of text (intentional or just mis-annotating). Some of the hundreds of changes since conception can be found here:

http://www.av1611.org/biblecom.html

Just research a bit and you'll see how much the bible has been corrupted by christians, mostly in various councils.
    Not by Baptists......which I am........and some of the problems could have come in with translating the Bible from Greek, a very figurative language, Hebrew, and Aramaic....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree