1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    17 Sep '06 23:32
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    So if the Americans would change the Pledge of Allegiance back to the original version, God would punish them by giving them fewer breast implants. Did I get this right? It makes sense, because before the words "under God" were added, breast implants were not available.
    When I posted what I did about breast implants and it bearing some significance to God's favor I did not know how prophetic I was until I realized that there are theologians and writers out there who have drawn parallels between the "golden calf" and the culture of breast implants. I have even found a play that makes this modern connection with the idolatry of the Israelites.
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 00:40
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    What a load of crap. Many Muslim countries have lasted many many times longer than the US has existed. Does that mean that Allah is more true than the Christian God? By your logic it sure does.
    Not to blow their horn, but I thought the RCC had the longest standing government. Just a thought.
  3. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 01:00
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Not to blow their horn, but I thought the RCC had the longest standing government. Just a thought.
    What self respecting governement would have its soldiers wear uniforms like those of the Vatican security?
  4. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 01:06
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    What self respecting governement would have its soldiers wear uniforms like those of the Vatican security?
    I'd always wondered from whence came the white smoke, as well.
  5. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    18 Sep '06 05:38
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    The medieval Swiss government.
  6. London
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 16:00
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Can you say “church-state separation”? 🙂
    For the moment. Which is why I said "some day".

Under what circumstances, if any, would you support the state telling clergy of any religion who they may/may not marry?

Polygamy and consanguinity, perhaps.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 16:24
    Originally posted by lucifershammer

[b]Under what circumstances, if any, would you support the state telling clergy of any religion who they may/may not marry?

Polygamy and consanguinity, perhaps.[/b]
    So if the State said that clergy could only perform polygamous marriages, you'd be OK with that?
  8. London
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 16:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    So if the State said that clergy could only perform polygamous marriages, you'd be OK with that?
    I was obviously referring to the "may not" bit, genius.

In any case, I said "perhaps" because I am not sure the State should intervene even in those cases.
  9. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    19 Sep '06 17:55

🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree