1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 18:06
    Originally posted by @kellyjay
    It is one to an existent in my opinion; we have something or someone we put above all. From every man does what is right in their own eyes, some leader, doctrine, God and so on. Where the rubber hits the road is when controlling authorities clash!

I don't want to bake that cake, why do I have to wear clothes, there was no traffic 90 mph should be okay, they wanted to have sex why should age matter, he did the crime kill him, and on and on!
    This is a very peculiar use of the word shepherd, but then it is a very peculiar word, so I can't blame you for choosing your own definition.

So you follow the law of the land, the law that was created - in a healthy democracy that is - by the people, for the people. Yes, I can agree with that.

But of course that is not what poor Whodey meant when he uttered such phrases as

"Yes, people are sheep as the Bible says.
    Lemmings is a less flattering term.
    Choose your shepherd wisely."

And

"You have to worship something or someone.
    It's just human nature.
    We are all sheep in desperate search for a good shepherd."
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 18:12
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    You feel that, as your second choice is currently not possible, the only alternative is a "massive police state"?

Would you like this "massive police state" to "impose the civil society on us" by banning gay sex, for instance?
    Typical. If I complain about government overreach I'm all of a sudden an anarchist.

I reckon I'm used to this sort of crap.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 18:13
    It is of course the other way around, stoopid.

Many people - people oh, so, so, so very much smarter than you - understood that having an abortion is not an immoral act and as more people began to understand this (retards like yourself, of course, still are fumbling around in the dark) abortion in many places was made legal. The law followed a change in morality.
    Well I am a self proclaimed sheep and not as enlightened as people like yourself.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 18:261 edit
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Typical. If I complain about government overreach I'm all of a sudden an anarchist.

I reckon I'm used to this sort of crap.
    Your reply had absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.

Would you like this "massive police state" which you see as the alternative to a "godstate" to ban gay sex?
  5. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 18:42
    Well I am a self proclaimed sheep and not as enlightened as people like yourself.
    Are there any more obvious truths you'd like to get off your chest?
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 18:46
    Your reply had absolutely nothing to do with the question I asked.

Would you like this "massive police state" which you see as the alternative to a "godstate" to ban gay sex?
    Why would I want a police state?

Meanwhile, a government like the US government passes well over 40,000 new regulations and laws a year.

Is society really that bad? Perhaps it is. Perhaps it is needed, but I don't like it just the same. Perhaps people really have become that bad.
  7. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 19:00
    Why would I want a police state?

Meanwhile, a government like the US government passes well over 40,000 new regulations and laws a year.

Is society really that bad? Perhaps it is. Perhaps it is needed, but I don't like it just the same. Perhaps people really have become that bad.
    As a society, we have two choices. We can either create a massive police state to impose the civil society on us, or we can have those who have freedom self enforce a moral code that maintains a civil society.

You feel that, as your second choice is currently not possible, the only alternative is a "massive police state"?

Would you like this "massive police state" to "impose the civil society on us" by banning gay sex, for instance?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 19:04
    So are you asking for the same thing as "the children of Israel in 1 Samuel 8" from your Big Book of Fairy Tales?
  9. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 22:22
    We, as a society, are lemmings. This is because we naturally adopt the morality of a perceived authority figure we respect.

Where did you get "lemming morality" from?
    You a lemming authority now?
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Sep '17 23:05
    So are you asking for the same thing as "the children of Israel in 1 Samuel 8" from your Big Book of Fairy Tales?
    Heavens no.

Ever read Revelation?

That is how it is all suppose to end.

And yes, God will eventually rule and reign so no worries! 😵

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree