1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:082 edits
    Originally posted by 667joe
    I face reality and don't depend on an imaginary friend in the sky! My life has been successful and I am happy. Your life beliefs are as solid as a house of cards!
    Many of the millions of people who buy lottery tickets pray they will be the winner, but god seems to ignore all but an extreme few!
    Presumably you are talking to me and just don't know how to use the "reply and quote" button.

I face reality everyday; despite your perception, I am a pragmatist and successful in career, relationship and socially. I own my own home outright and could "retire" today if I wanted to. My beliefs are nothing to do with a "man in the sky" and your childlike ignorance about what I believe is of no bearing on me whatsoever.

You strike me as a bitter old man, burdened by a life and full of regret, abandoned of hope and also by many of those close to you, purged of all compassion, and with no hope of repentance of your past deeds and sunken in your own pit of bitter despair.

So much for perceptions.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:23
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    wow good fortune? the God of luck saved me? man you saplings are wired!
    Yeah you're right, your truck re-starting was much more likely to be instigated by God than mere good fortune. 🙄

Hey, are you interested in buying London Bridge?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:271 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    Yeah you're right, your truck re-starting was much more likely to be instigated by God than mere good fortune. 🙄

Hey, are you interested in buying London Bridge?
    Actually i tested my hypothesis, it would not go into gear prior to my prayer nor afterwards when i was in safety therfore the only logical and rational explanation was the the father helped me. What have you tested your hypothesis on, spreading the contents of a lucky bag before you and reading the juxtaposition of the contents, swirling tea leaves at the bottom of your china cup, the entrails of animals found by the roadside? ? Man you saplings are wired, wired to da moon!

No i don't want to buy London Bridge although i wouldn't mind buying Green St. How much for it?
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:331 edit
    Actually i tested my hypothesis, it would not go into gear prior to my prayer nor afterwards when i was in safety, what have you tested your hypothesis on, spreading the contents of a lucky bag before you and reading the juxtaposition of the contents, tea leaves, the entrails of animals found by the roadside? ? Man you saplings are wired, wired to da ...[text shortened]...
    No i don't want to buy London Bridge although i wouldn't mind buying Green St. How much for it?
    I'm actually about to start writing my next work of fiction. Would you mind awfully if I borrowed your truck story. (I might jazz it up a little though and say God lifted up the truck out of harms way and placed it gently beside your Wendy House).

12 hundred pounds for Green St.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:34
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    I'm a bit surprised. So you'd disagree with the reasoning and conclusion given below and believe that Muslims pray to the same God as Christians?

Do Christians and Muslims worship the same God?
    by Matt Slick

No, Christians and Muslims do not worship the same God. There are similarities in their views of God, but there are also distinct diffe ...[text shortened]... not believe in the same God.

https://carm.org/do-christians-muslims-worship-same-god
    I think God can do whatever he wants. I understand both sides of your post.
    God is not the same God as the the one of the Muslims, but he looks at the heart and seeks the person first.
    Then God will lead the person to himself. You of all people must know there are many people who worship false gods and idols.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:49
    I'm actually about to start writing my next work of fiction. Would you mind awfully if I borrowed your truck story. (I might jazz it up a little though and say God lifted up the truck out of harms way and placed it gently beside your Wendy House).

12 hundred pounds for Green St.
    Sure but I expect royalties, 1200 sterling should suffice and an accreditation 😀
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 18:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    For what? You claim they didn't cure your son, God did.

[b]But we should go to a doctor when sick, combined with prayer. Usually the faith of people is so weak, we would be dead without doctors.

Can you point to anyone whose faith is so strong that they don't need doctors?
    And what does faith have to do with it? Does the strength of your faith af ...[text shortened]... elief of a community.[/b]
    So when some people don't believe, other peoples prayer doesn't work?[/b]
    Your questions are many. I don't know if you are sincere and want to analyze to come to a conclusion, which is okay. God likes it when people seek answers.
    But sometimes, or should I say most of the time it is just to point out how ridiculous Christians can be. And it doesn't faze me either, because I can appear a "fool" for Christ like Paul claimed.
    But I will point you to a link if you really want answers...
    This goes for Vivify as well....
    It is about miracles, faith and prayer....it is condensed, for a more thorough teaching you will have to listen to the audio portion.

http://www.awmi.net/reading/teaching-articles/receive_miracle1/

http://www.awmi.net/reading/teaching-articles/receive_miracle2/
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:031 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Your questions are many. I don't know if you are sincere and want to analyze to come to a conclusion, which is okay. God likes it when people seek answers.
    But sometimes, or should I say most of the time it is just to point out how ridiculous Christians can be. And it doesn't faze me either, because I can appear a "fool" for Christ like Paul claimed.
    My question are sincere in that I honestly wanted to know what you believe - and not what some article on the internet says. I do not believe in God, so my questions were not a genuine desire to learn how God works nor did I intend them to appear that way.
    If you believe my questions demonstrate that your beliefs are ridiculous, you should reconsider your beliefs.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    My question are sincere in that I honestly wanted to know what you believe - and not what some article on the internet says.
    The article saves me time. So clearly you are not really interested. I have to go, but may check back later.
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:07
    The article saves me time. So clearly you are not really interested. I have to go, but may check back later.
    I am not really interested in what some article says. I am interested in what you, yourself believe.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:09
    Sure but I expect royalties, 1200 sterling should suffice and an accreditation 😀
    Splendid. Pray, why don't you, that i'll send the royalties.
  12. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:111 edit
    I think God can do whatever he wants. I understand both sides of your post.
    God is not the same God as the the one of the Muslims, but he looks at the heart and seeks the person first.
    Then God will lead the person to himself. You of all people must know there are many people who worship false gods and idols.
    If God grants prayers for Muslims even though they are praying to a different god, wouldn't that falsely lead them to believe that they are praying to the true God? Seems like it would be natural for a Muslim to strengthen his belief based on this rather than weaken it. How does this make sense?

Matthew 12
    25And knowing their thoughts Jesus said to them, “Any kingdom divided against itself is laid waste; and any city or house divided against itself will not stand.
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 19:591 edit
    Splendid. Pray, why don't you, that i'll send the royalties.
    I am not entirely convinced that you sending me royalties comes within the realm of Gods will. You see I already have 'sustenance and covering'. Green St however had the first Kingdom Hall in the UK, I believe the building is still standing.
  14. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 20:42
    I am not entirely convinced that you sending me royalties comes within the realm of Gods will. You see I already have 'sustenance and covering'. Green St however had the first Kingdom Hall in the UK, I believe the building is still standing.
    Sending royalties doesn't come within the realm of Gods will,..but fixing your truck does?! (Yeah I know, you were at high risk of being car jacked by a swarm of Girl Guides).

What of those Christians (and JWs) who have prayed for something a damn sight more important than getting a truck to restart and have been left wanting? Think on that Sherlock.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 20:581 edit
    Sending royalties doesn't come within the realm of Gods will,..but fixing your truck does?! (Yeah I know, you were at high risk of being car jacked by a swarm of Girl Guides).

What of those Christians (and JWs) who have prayed for something a damn sight more important than getting a truck to restart and have been left wanting? Think on that Sherlock.
    You don't seem to be able to make the connection between my truck being roadworthy and my being able to provide for my family??? even though I have intimated it to you. Perhaps I should have prayed for elves to come in when I was sleeping and magically fill the cupboards with food, the central heating with fuel and the wardrobes with clothes. Let me spell it out to you Watson, they two are intrinsically linked, my truck and sustenance and covering, Capiche? There's a good fellow!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree