1. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    What's wrong with "viewing the world, life, existence call it what you will" from stances that are within "the realm of morality" ~ that is to say, from a moral perspective? I have asked you this question several times and you dodge it every single time.
    Well lets take a look at Suziannes statement as a point of reference. Someone suggests that she try to find some form of relaxation, that she appears to be stressed and that she needs to loosen up. In the process of digesting this her moral lens distorts the innocuous statement and insinuates through suggestion of a slight sexual overtone that the proposer is a moral deviant. Now not only has reality been distorted but a well meaning and innocuous statement has been grotesquely misconstrued as it was filtered through the moral lens. Rational thought has broken down and this cannot be healthy.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:31
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    Well lets take a look at Suziannes statement as a point of reference. Someone suggests that she try to find some form of relaxation, that she appears to be stressed and that she needs to loosen up. In the process of digesting this her moral lens distorts the innocuous statement and insinuates through suggestion of a slight sexual overtone that the ...[text shortened]... s filtered through the moral lens. Rational thought has broken down and this cannot be healthy.
    So do you agree that it is reasonable to look at every aspect of the way we interact with other people from a moral perspective?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:461 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    So do you agree that it is reasonable to look at every aspect of the way we interact with other people from a moral perspective?
    What is it about my statement that you fail to grasp. I have just illustrated an instance where rational thought has broken down and you are still asking me if its reasonable. Are you in your senses?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:48
    What is it about my statement that you fail to grasp.
    More to the point, what is it about the question of taking moral stances on the way we live our lives that causes you to dodge it time and time and time again? 😉
  5. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    More to the point, what is it about the question of taking moral stances on the way we live our lives that causes you to dodge it time and time and time again? 😉
    This is scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff.
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    11 May '16 23:59
    This is scraping the bottom of the barrel stuff.
    On another thread recently, where marital rape and the cover up of child sex abuse were being discussed, you said (of your critics): "This is what happens when you let people that know absolutely nothing about an issue loose on the internet, every issue for them becomes a moral one and rationality breaks down into a one dimensional, judgmental, finger pointing." Is there something wrong when an issue like rape or an issue like the cover up of child sex abuse "becomes a moral one"?
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    12 May '16 00:021 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    On another thread recently, where marital rape and the cover up of child sex abuse were being discussed, you said (of your critics): "This is what happens when you let people that know absolutely nothing about an issue loose on the internet, every issue for them becomes a moral one and rationality breaks down into a one dimensional, judgmental, finger pointing." ...[text shortened]... when an issue like rape or an issue like the cover up of child sex abuse "becomes a moral one"?
    Please find the tone control and turn it all the way up, as far as you can go, there's a good fellow.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree