1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    08 May '16 09:16
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Do you pray for things? Do you believe it works?
    I pray for people far more than I pray for "things".

I believe it works, in that it is merely a conversation with God. Whether he answers, and whether he answers affirmatively, is up to God. The power of prayer is in the connection we develop with God. Our lives are better off the closer we grow to God.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 09:18
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I pray for people far more than I pray for "things".

I believe it works, in that it is merely a conversation with God. Whether he answers, and whether he answers affirmatively, is up to God. The power of prayer is in the connection we develop with God. Our lives are better off the closer we grow to God.
    Can you provide an example where God has clearly responded to a prayer?
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 09:431 edit
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    I can,

i was in Maryhill road last week, one of the busiest and most congested roads in Glasgow. As i was sitting in traffic my clutch pedal went and I could not put my truck into gear. I was freaking out because to breakdown there was the last place on earth one would wish to break down. I prayed to the father of the celestial lights to get me out of this rather tricky situation.

Somehow against the known laws of physics as I was praying inside myself I managed to get my truck into first gear and crawl along off Maryhill road into Shakespeare St. It was nothing short of miraculous! It would not go into gear after I stopped no matter how hard i tried! Now had I been a mere atheistic sapling instead of praying I would have cursed God and caused a ten mile long tail back and untold irritability to other drivers, but because I am a chosen one I was able to get to safety, call the garage and have my truck towed away and have the clutch slave cylinder replaced. All because of the power of prayer. True story! I have the £300 garage bill to prove it!
  4. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:47
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I can,

i was in Maryhill road last week, one of the busiest and most congested roads in Glasgow. As i was sitting in traffic my clutch pedal went and I could not put my truck into gear. I was freaking out because to breakdown there was the last place on earth one would wish to break down. I prayed to the father of the celestial lights to get m ...[text shortened]... aced. All because of the power of prayer. True story! I have the £300 garage bill to prove it!
    Apologies sir, I should have asked, "Can you provide a non-idiotic example where God has clearly responded to a prayer?"

Your example is akin to saying you prayed to God when your ketchup bottle failed to yield any ketchup and that following your prayer your ketchup bottle miraculously yielded one last dollop of ketchup. Praise the Lord!!

If God does exist sir (he doesn't, but if he did) I suspect he would have far more important things to do than be your personal AAA.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:50
    The bible says "The fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much"...
    Hmmmmm.... who should I trust, an atheist or God?
    Easy answer....
  6. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 May '16 14:51
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Easy answer....
    Um, the bible isn't god.
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:05
    Apologies sir, I should have asked, "Can you provide a non-idiotic example where God has clearly responded to a prayer?"

Your example is akin to saying you prayed to God when your ketchup bottle failed to yield any ketchup and that following your prayer your ketchup bottle miraculously yielded one last dollop of ketchup. Praise the Lord!!

If Go ...[text shortened]... ut if he did) I suspect he would have far more important things to do than be your personal AAA.
    Hardly, my truck is needed for my livelihood, to feed and clothe and provide for my family, The father promises to look after those who put the Kingdom first. We are taught to pray for life's necessities and the father came through for me! The only idiotic thing about it is your reluctance to embrace this reality. I prayed to the father and he looked after me. You asked for an example and you got one but seem ill fitted for embracing the truth of the matter because of your irrational unwillingness to make room for the possibility of the supernatural and alas you commit the folly of all those who have limited their search for truth to unintelligent agencies!
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:10
    Originally posted by googlefudge
    Um, the bible isn't god.
    No, but they are God's words...
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:41
    Originally posted by 667joe
    People pray to God/Jesus/Allah all the time and from time to time think their prayers are answered. For example, people may pray that team X will win the super bowl and believe their prayer was answered when team X wins. Notice, however, if someone missing an arm prays for it to grow back, the prayer is never answered. The bottom line is whoever wins the ...[text shortened]... d prayer has the same effect on the super bowl as it does on growing an arm back.......nothing!
    How do you get through life Joe? How are your mates working out? Wife still with you to the end? What about the kids? Pets died?
    How about your spare time, filling it with 'new age modelling' while the pension grows old and the arthritis sets in? Bitter about the war, lost a few colleagues? Life's a bitch, ain't it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I can,

i was in Maryhill road last week, one of the busiest and most congested roads in Glasgow. As i was sitting in traffic my clutch pedal went and I could not put my truck into gear. I was freaking out because to breakdown there was the last place on earth one would wish to break down. I prayed to the father of the celestial lights to get m ...[text shortened]... aced. All because of the power of prayer. True story! I have the £300 garage bill to prove it!
    Cool.... God is good.
  11. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:53
    Easy answer....
    Thank you for putting your trust in me. You made the right decision.
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:55
    No, but they are God's words...
    Prove it.
  13. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:56
    Cool.... God is good.
    Sheesh, is all 'good luck' the hand of God?
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:57
    Cool.... God is good.
    😀
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '16 15:57
    Yes.
    My grandson was injured in an accident.
    To not get into too much detail, his injuries looked overwhelming.
    The doctors said they did not expect him to make it.
    Prayer was started immediately.
    The entire family, the church, friends, etc.
    To keep it short, he is alive and well today.
    All he has is a scar across his stomach and he wears it proudly, thanking God for his life every day.
    Even the doctors were perplexed at his quick recovery.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree