Praying in Tongues

Praying in Tongues

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Here is another. Jesus told people to live rightously, do good works and keep the commandments. They now claim since they have professed faith, it is the Holy Spirit that cleanses them from sin, and they have nothing to do. But Paul and James said otherwise:

[i]Having therefore these promises, dearly beloved, [b]let us cleanse ourselves from all filthiness of the flesh an ...[text shortened]... ves. Their constant boasting of the Holy Spirit and the DO NOTHING doctrine is the way to damnation.
<<Here is another. Jesus told people to live rightously, do good works and keep the commandments. They now claim since they have professed faith, it is the Holy Spirit that cleanses them from sin,>>

What?!?! It’s Jesus Christ’s blood that cleanses us from sin. Do you honestly not know that?

“For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.”

(Matthew 26:28)

<<and they have nothing to do.>>

Nobody believes that. After we accept Jesus Christ and believe in Jesus Christ and in His Resurrection (a la John 3:16 and Romans 10:9,) we have “nothing to do” (as you put it) to be saved.

But we (saved by Grace through faith Christians) do and have much to do to help people and glorify God - but we do that out of love and not out of fear and a threat of hell, which is what you believe.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Care for a game of chess? I'm open to anyone who wishes to play. I get a few games in here and there. Your universe, your god is of your own making; you do seem to have issues when both the Bible and others don't fit or agree with your points of view on anything; it's either your point of view or insults and sulking away.
<<it's either your point of view or insults and sulking away.>>

Ain’t that the truth.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Why wonder what I have to say. Wonder what Jesus said. He said you still have to keep the commandments... regardless. Blessed are those who keep the commandments.
How do these verses square with the (imo) false doctrine you preach on here?

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

(Mark 16:15-16)

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Your constant repetition of the same nonsense makes you a bore. Say something that Jesus said about righteousness and good works and then maybe that might make you an interesting poster.
I can be repetitive because the truth doesn't change while you can say things like Jesus justifies us then throws us into hell; in other words, your doctrine if full of contradictions, something is true here and not there, then there and not here. Truth doesn't change in scripture or anywhere else, but your's does.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
How do these verses square with the (imo) false doctrine you preach on here?

“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.

He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.”

(Mark 16:15-16)
If he was consistent and he is not, He would have to accept the whole of the Bible, everything that Jesus said. He does not, and when it is pointed out to him that his views do not line up with scripture, he goes very negative.

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
01 Jan 22

@pb1022 said
The most obvious reason to pray in tongues (pray in the Spirit) is that our human understanding of what is best for us is limited. We therefore may not know what to pray for.

The principle of praying in tongues is no different than saying “Thy will be done” in the Lord’s Prayer. You’re acknowledging God knows more than you and has your best interests at heart.
But you are told God already knows what you want to pray for. (He's omniscient after all).

And I don't accept to 'pray in the Spirit' means 'handing over the praying' to the Spirit. This is a misunderstanding of the text.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said
But you are told God already knows what you want to pray for. (He's omniscient after all).

And I don't accept to 'pray in the Spirit' means 'handing over the praying' to the Spirit. This is a misunderstanding of the text.
Ok, well we can agree to disagree. Certainly isn’t the first time, nor do I suspect it’ll be the last.

And just because God knows what we need doesn’t mean He doesn’t want us to pray to Him.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
01 Jan 22

@ghost-of-a-duke said

Churches have done everything contrary to Christ [no surprise], in this regard.
They dont pray the Lords Prayer
They pray loudly and publicly and often with a lot of show
They pray the same thing over and over with repetition
They ask for the wrong things like money and wealth

All of which is condemned by Christ
They never speak of keeping the commandments
Yet you will hear them say Jesus is the way, the truth and the life

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
01 Jan 22

@rajk999 said
Churches have done everything contrary to Christ [no surprise], in this regard.
They dont pray the Lords Prayer
They pray loudly and publicly and often with a lot of show
They pray the same thing over and over with repetition
They ask for the wrong things like money and wealth

All of which is condemned by Christ
They never speak of keeping the commandments
Yet you will hear them say Jesus is the way, the truth and the life
Do you ever talk about things you know, or do you always make things up and assume your prejudices concerning churches are always as authentic as you claim?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
02 Jan 22

@kellyjay said
Do you ever talk about things you know, or do you always make things up and assume your prejudices concerning churches are always as authentic as you claim?
rajk999 seems to hate the church and anyone who goes to church. Pretty bizarre for someone who purports to be a follower of Jesus Christ.