1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Jul '16 17:021 edit
    More samples from believers who prayread the word of God.
    Taken from http://www.prayreading.org/testimonies/excerpts.html

R. A. Torrey
    (AD 1856-1928)

Evangelist

Here is one of the greatest secrets of prevailing prayer: To study the Word to find what God’s will is as revealed there in the promises, and then simply take these promises and spread them out before God in prayer with the absolutely unwavering expectation that He will do what He has promised in His Word. (93) [More]

John Hyde
    (AD 1865-1912)

Christian Missionary

Right on his face on the ground is Praying Hyde. This was his favorite attitude for prayer. Listen! He is praying; he utters a petition, and then waits; in a little time he repeats it, and then waits; and this many times until we feel that that petition has penetrated every fibre of our being and we feel assured that God has heard and without doubt He will answer. How well I remember him praying that we might open our mouth wide that He might fill it (Psalms 81:10). I think he repeated the word “wide” scores of times with long pauses between. “Wide, Lord, wide, open wide, wide.” How effectual it was to hear him address God, “O Father, Father!” (62)

W. H. Griffith Thomas
    (AD 1861-1924)

Minister God’s Word is the fuel of our prayer. As we open the page in the morning, the promises prompt us to prayer, the examples incite us to prayer, the warnings urge us to prayer, the hopes of glory stir us to prayer—everything in the portion taken for meditation can be turned into prayer….Depend on it, hiding God’s Word in the heart is the secret of prayer, and the reason why our prayer-life is so weak and barren is that we do not know God through His Word. (95)
    Back

Witness Lee
    (AD 1905-1997)

Christian Worker

Because He is both the Word and the Spirit, He created us with a mind to understand and a spirit to receive. When we come to the Bible, we should exercise both our mind and our spirit. We exercise our mind by reading and our spirit by praying. Since we need both to read and to pray, we should pray-read the Word. (Ephesians 549) [More]
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Jul '16 09:51
    The Bible talks about clean animals in Leviticus. One of the characteristics of these clean animals is that they chew the cud. For instance a cow has multiple stomachs. It eats grass and regurgitates that eaten grass back up out of one of its multiple stomachs and re-chews that grass more for further digestion.

Some teachers have noticed that this could be a symbolic type. If some can receive it, the "clean" human being is one who eats the word of God by calling that word up again to masticate it for further nourishment and supply.

Some people have no concept of masticating the words of the Bible this way. They think that just because they have a smart mind and read it ONCE - why they got it! No more is needed.

By it is it is cleansing and cleaning of one's soul to re-call up into the heart the word of God for further speaking, praying, standing upon, and enjoying in deeper digestion. This is like the cow regurgitating its grass. This is like the ox "chewing the cud".

Prayereading is a good way to vomit up again the divine word of God into our mouth and mind to "chew the cud" in deeper mastication of these life giving words of God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    07 Aug '16 11:00
    When no one has a comment then I get accused of writing a monologue. Its not my fault if no one has a comment but just chooses to read.

Any Bible readers out there who sometimes just want to muse on the Scripture? Maybe you just want to prayerfully consider a phrase or a few words ?

Prayreading is really just ENCOURAGING what many have kind of in their heart to do - muse slowly and carefully over phrases in the Bible.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 19:02
    This morning I prayread Romans 1:1-2. I turned that short portion of the word of God into prayer. It fed my requests and petitions. It fueled my confessions. It nourished and strengthened me.

Then I remained quiet asking the Lord Jesus to speak to me personally about some matters. Of of which will remain personal.

However, the rhema word was pronounced in a few places which I never noticed too much before. This is what praying with and over the word of God does. It causes you to become aware of aspects of God's word you may have not noticed before.

Here is the short wonderful portion I prayread -

"Paul, a slave of Christ Jesus, a called apostle, separated unto the gospel of God,

Which He promised beforehand through the prophets in the holy Scriptures."

I lingered and prayed over the word "seaparated".

God has the power to SEPARATE us from many negative things.
    God has the power to SEPARATE from whatever is opposed or hinders the good news. That good news is "the gospel of God"

I also enjoyed the word "BEFOREHAND" - "Which He promised through the beforehand through His prophets ... "

I enjoyed that as a Christian rather than live by the present day troubles of now, I live instead on the supply of hope that was announced "beforehand". We Christians are really "beforehand" people. Before there were turmoils, situations, difficulties, disappoitments God promised victory "beforehand".

We start with victory !
    We stand on the exceeding great and precious promises made "beforehand".

Prayreading sure is nourishing to the spirit.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    16 Aug '16 22:21
    Originally posted by sonship
    Then I remained quiet asking the Lord Jesus to speak to me personally about some matters. Of of which will remain personal.
    I'm not interested in what those personal matters were. But I am interested in whether you are specifically claiming that Jesus spoke to you personally about those matters while you remained quiet.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 13:56
    Originally posted by FMF
    I'm not interested in what those personal matters were. But I am interested in whether you are specifically claiming that Jesus spoke to you personally about those matters while you remained quiet.
    You, sir, are like the broomstick thrust between the spokes of this forum's front wheel.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 14:11
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    You, sir, are like the broomstick thrust between the spokes of this forum's front wheel.
    Do you think Jesus spoke to sonship personally about some matters on the 17th August?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 19:17
    Originally posted by FMF
    Do you think Jesus spoke to sonship personally about some matters on the 17th August?
    how are we supposed to validate someone else's religious experience?
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    23 Aug '16 20:243 edits
    This thread was about mixing two matters together for great benefit - Praying and Reading the Bible.

By praying with the words of the Bible much spiritual nourishment can come.
    Also your prayers tend to be more along the lines of God's heart.

The living words of Scripture become very internalized.
    Man lives by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God, said Jesus in quoting the book of Deuteronomy.

Prayreading empowers the Christian to resist the lying devil.
    Prayreading enables the Christian to be loosed from temptation.
    Prayreading helps fill the Christian's heart with the precious promises of God.
    Prayreading helps the Christian to fellowship with the Holy Spirit.
    Prayreading collectively, corporately is a splendid way to have a healthy Christian meeting with no special need for a clergyman to be a preacher with a long sermon.

Prayreading collectively helps all members of the Body of Christ to FUNCTION.

Prayreading is a name given to something many Christians have intuitively practiced over the centuries. It is not a new invention. There is a recent emphasis to ENCOURAGE believers to do it.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Oct '16 03:392 edits
    It is good to sing the word of God, read the word of God, and PRAY with and over the words of Scripture.

Prayreading a basic element of the Christian life:

YouTube

YouTube

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree